CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I have been messaged constantly to hold more polls, and to even start a "Halo Pro Player Union" so players can be more organized and clear on what they want. While I would not be against a Pro Union, frankly - 343 has at the very least 3-4 people that are paid to get feedback, to make their own league better. I have enough on my plate already, the thought of doing someones else's job for free does not seem very appealing to me.

About the Polls - like I mentioned before I have been messaged a lot to poll pros about x,y and z. In my opinion if we are polling pro players every 5 minutes, the polls are not going to hold as much weight. I think the reason why we saw the breakout change shortly after the poll is because nothing like that has really been done from a 3rd party before, and broadcasted on a platform that people actually use (Beyond). 

Just my thinking, maybe I am wrong, or an ass, oh well.

I agree, it's not your place to take care of this (not in a disrespectful way). Breakout in competitive was something that caused a lot of frustration both in viewership and was detrimental (due to lack of consistency) to the outcome of some series, especially in the best of 3 format that is still used. It did a lot of things that went against the concept of Halo in the first place. It made sense to check where people truly stood on that topic, but that doesn't mean it's good or worth it to start looking at everything and changing things that don't need to be changed for now. People who have been practicing up to now just want stability and not to see their current time go to waste. I think X Games have proved that the current settings can be extremely entertaining and intense both for players and viewers alike. They should be left alone until HWC comes to a close.

All the effort and practice people have put in up to this point should be a factor toward going to worlds and performing well there. It's not very fair to make big changes and "reset" people's progression by forcing them to come up with entirely strategies just based on a few opinions. For all you know, some people could try to just force change because they haven't seen success in the current settings. Overall, I think it would be counterproductive and a major headache.

Breakout was just this one thing that everyone or so agreed on (even viewers), and that's why it was removed. There are just a lot of flaws in it still to be fun, entertaining or competitive. Seeing how people responded to autos and radars in that poll also proved that a lot of people aren't interested in other changes just yet.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I find it a bit peculiar that 343 still hasn't updated the prize pool. It's obvious people have been spending money on REQs. Did they have any arbitrary cap that wasn't mentioned?

Im curious if they are going to use some of the money towards the pro league / next years HWC. Honestly it would make sense as the amount of money people are spending on reqs etc. will decrease over time.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Im curious if they are going to use some of the money towards the pro league / next years HWC. Honestly it would make sense as the amount of money people are spending on reqs etc. will decrease over time.

that's when they release the pro league team skins and we all spend 5-10 bucks each on them  :holmes:

• Upvote (+1) 3

I remember Stellur from Ninja's H2A streams because Ninja would say "Stellur stop stating" over and over again when they played together. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Stellur, like el town, was really well known for crushing doubles in h2a as well. Players like Spartan and ninja would often run with them to secure good placings or crush matchmaking. Glad to see both of those players succeeding.

that's when they release the pro league team skins and we all spend 5-10 bucks each on them  :holmes:

I really hope they're saving the money and utilizing it for next years World Champs and Pro League. Think with me here for a second.

Hypothetically lets say they can boost the prize pool to four million this year. We have this explosive World Champs and the money gets paid out.

Next year, 343 only raises 2 Million for the HWC. Now our prize pool looks 2 million dollars smaller. What image does that present? How do sponsors react?

How do partners react? How does the community react?

It makes WAY more sense for them to keep it at 2 million, and have a sustainable business model for the next one, two, or three years.

Keep in mind, I have no idea what their actual numbers are, and without knowing said information I cant build a mock model.

EDIT: But team skins would be legendary.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I have been messaged constantly to hold more polls, and to even start a "Halo Pro Player Union" so players can be more organized and clear on what they want. While I would not be against a Pro Union, frankly - 343 has at the very least 3-4 people that are paid to get feedback, to make their own league better. I have enough on my plate already, the thought of doing someones else's job for free does not seem very appealing to me.

About the Polls - like I mentioned before I have been messaged a lot to poll pros about x,y and z. In my opinion if we are polling pro players every 5 minutes, the polls are not going to hold as much weight. I think the reason why we saw the breakout change shortly after the poll is because nothing like that has really been done from a 3rd party before, and broadcasted on a platform that people actually use (Beyond).

Just my thinking, maybe I am wrong, or an ass, oh well.

Presidents of unions do get paid though. A small portion of union dues goes to the leadership of said union.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I really hope they're saving the money and utilizing it for next years World Champs and Pro League. Think with me here for a second.

Hypothetically lets say they can boost the prize pool to four million this year. We have this explosive World Champs and the money gets paid out.

Next year, 343 only raises 2 Million for the HWC. Now our prize pool looks 2 million dollars smaller. What image does that present? How do sponsors react?

How do partners react? How does the community react?

It makes WAY more sense for them to keep it at 2 million, and have a sustainable business model for the next one, two, or three years.

Keep in mind, I have no idea what their actual numbers are, and without knowing said information I cant build a mock model.

EDIT: But team skins would be legendary.

What you said would be a pretty smart way for them to handle it but they have already said that the prize pool is going to keep increases w/REQ purchases contributing to the Grand Prize Pool.  If there were to back peddle on that now and say we are going to keep it at 2Million, people would lose their sh*t.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Presidents of unions do get paid though. A small portion of union dues goes to the leadership of said union.

You're assuming you can convince ALL the Halo Pro's to join a union and pay you a fee to represent them.

Good luck. You'll need it.

What you said would be a pretty smart way for them to handle it but they have already said that the prize pool is going to keep increases w/REQ purchases contributing to the Grand Prize Pool.  If there were to back peddle on that now and say we are going to keep it at 2Million, people would lose their sh*t.

Then add a minor amount and keep the rest to sustain the future of Halo eSports. Short of them releasing their funding from REQ Packs, nobody would be any wiser. Lets also be honest. If they did not announce a bump to the prize pool, but announced another $2,000,000 tournament next year...do you REALLY think people would lose their shit? Highly unlikely.

I, and I'm sure a majority of Halo players would much rather they sustain Halo eSports opposed to them hosting one MAJOR MAJOR event then falling off the map. God forbid we go back to the days of AGL when we're at such a great peak right now.

EDIT: I think the only flak they'd catch is people purchasing the REQ packs thinking they were funding the World Champs, BUT I think if 343 made it clear that the funding WAS going to the HWC, just not necessarily THIS one, I think they'd get by unscathed. Again, short of them releasing the funding they made from the REQ packs...

• Upvote (+1) 2

Where did Stellur come from anyway? The kid is godly at the game, performed amazing last weekend (and pretty much throughout all of Halo 5) and I haven't heard of him at all before Halo 5, which I think is amazing. Flame definitely has a good eye for talent, but how did this all come to be?

Has this been explained somewhere? Was he an online kid before that or did he play something else?

There's also Danoxide who is somewhat similar in terms of coming out of nowhere with a lot of talent, but I know he used to grind CoD, which is a bit different. Still an impressive transition regardless, but as far as I know, I don't think Stellur used to grind CoD.

Danoxide was from the CoD scene...

StelluR played with top kids in H2A MM all the time but never took the game serious...

Just giving somewhat of missing info to people that seem to not know.. ;)  :simms:

They got 10th at the start of reach. they're on the grind now.

Shit you're right. I always forget about that first Reach event.

Nobody is paying union dues for an HCS eSports Union.

Let's be real.

343 is more than capable of conducting polls. It took me 2 hours of free time to get results.

• Upvote (+1) 1

that (other nv squad) had problems getting on and practicing, now that they have split ways it seems like liquid is having that problem now... idk must just be a coincidence. xD

We're finding it hard to practice while we're still stuck in Aspen after competing at the XGames.

Thus far, Suspector is still one of my favorite players. I think he still has a lot of talent to get even better.

Suspector is really good.

This must be Lethul's mom on his twitter account again.

:kappa:

Lethul was tryin' to snag a local at karaoke last night.  Help him find the #GirlFromRynos #SandraG

• Upvote (+1) 5

I'd say to be careful with your popularity rising for all the gold diggers out there...

but then I remembered you got Silver :lxthul:

I have such a good gif for this reply but I'm on my phone.

So 10/10 would upvote again.