CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Yep. Team would have been scary honestly. I'm sure Randa still has nightmares about that team not forming.

Then the team he picked afterwards iirc was him, Munoz, Stellur, and Cratos for a little bit. Only until Stellur left for Optic and soon after Cratos left for Allegiance. Probably had some of the worst luck out of any of the pros when it came to team changes.  

Edit: Suspector not Cratos. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

No good/top teams are playing the LCQ right? They've qualified already?

Burton/Blaze/Posey were top 15 before getting f**ked over in OQ 5. Same story with FS/Maniac.

Then the team he picked afterwards iirc was him, Munoz, Stellur, and Cratos for a little bit. Only until Stellur left for Optic and soon after Cratos left for Allegiance. Probably had some of the worst luck out of any of the pros when it came to team changes.  

Was Munoz, Stellur, & Suspector. That team was good - had close scrims with EG IIRC.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Was Munoz, Stellur, & Suspector. That team was good - had close scrims with EG IIRC.

ahh okay. I thought I was misremembering something. But yeah I recall them doing quite well. It was unfortunate to see him going with some of the younger/newer talent in Frosty/Unlegit/Stellur/Suspector only for the bigger names to come swooping in once they saw how good they were. 

He skipped his Halo history because he's not proud of it.  He's admitted multiple times how he was a terrible team player and a statwhore, and he understood why people didn't like him.  His placings were decent, but by his standards, a guy who has been expected to win nearly single event in CoD for the last 3 years and counting, even 4th is an awful placing.  

A couple of the posts I saw that stemmed from this tweet blew my mind.  It's not about Halo vs CoD, or CoD not wanting competition from Halo (LOL), it's Crim doing Crim things and making a sarcastic tweet.  Shouldn't be looking any further than 140 characters.

He probably doesn't like Halo 5, but he was a fan of H2/H3.  

Thanks. I genuinely don't follow Crim at all. And with some of the posts in here it made me wonder if I had missed something. I never really thought he had any hate for Halo, but you never know. So thanks for the info.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If I'm being honest, Optic vs Field, I'm taking the Field. I do hope they can put something together, but there are a decent amount of good players/teams that will be in the LCQ I think. They look better then they have all qualifiers though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What's the lowest the 2gre+Ola combo has finished? I want to say 4th? I know H5 is a new game, but I'm definitely not counting nV out just yet.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Kind of depressing watching Flame, he seems frustrated with his teammate's communication and positioning overall. 

What's the lowest the 2gre+Ola combo has finished? I want to say 4th? I know H5 is a new game, but I'm definitely not counting nV out just yet.

They got 10th at the start of reach. they're on the grind now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Burton/Blaze/Posey were top 15 before getting f**ked over in OQ 5. Same story with FS/Maniac.

Posey hadn't missed top 8 until the last qualifier with Optic.

If I'm being honest, Optic vs Field, I'm taking the Field. I do hope they can put something together, but there are a decent amount of good players/teams that will be in the LCQ I think. They look better then they have all qualifiers though.

Agree with this 100%. I would argue that the best team on-paper is Blaze's squad, and even if Optic is 2nd there are plenty of other teams that can take them out if the situation is right.

Omega as well.

nV looking good. Just one more team to add to the growing list of contenders which is what Halo needs.

• Upvote (+1) 3

nV looking promising, but they looked promising (as a different squad obviously) early on in H5 when they were only scrimming the "lesser" teams as well. It'll be interesting to see how they do when they start scrimming the top 5 as well. Hoping for the best though!

• Upvote (+1) 1