CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I hope they announce the finals location, tickets price and all that stuff soon. I really want to try and go and meet up with some buds but the longer they wait, the less likely that will be.

Also eager to see what the prize pool is up to!

great work @@TheSimms ! especially for your first type of vid like that. might i suggest to the production crew that you use a better mic? lol it sounded like you were across the room and i was hearing your echo off the walls 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Looks like Fearitself got the boot from OpTic. Don't understand why Flame would bring him to the OpTic house if he wasn't sure he would be on the team.

Really nicely put together video from Team Dignitas at the UK finals should you need your next fill of Halo after the weekend. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Looks like Fearitself got the boot from OpTic. Don't understand why Flame would bring him to the OpTic house if he wasn't sure he would be on the team.

anyone know who flame was running with last night?

nV is scrimming Elevate right now, no streams though :(

just add ola on xbl and spectate, thats what i do

Formal is streaming some h5 right now...loving how the big names from other games all enjoy halo

• Upvote (+1) 5

Why is he so loyal to Maniac? He's not up to it anymore.

Honestly, after watching couple of scrims, Maniac might be the best player on that team. Also I wouldn't question Flameswords decisions, he really has a great ability to pick the right players and knows talent when he sees it (remember Snakebite, Royal 2, Aries, Contra, Stellur).

• Upvote (+1) 5

Honestly, after watching couple of scrims, Maniac might be the best player on that team. Also I wouldn't question Flameswords decisions, he really has a great ability to pick the right players and knows talent when he sees it (remember Snakebite, Royal 2, Aries, Contra, Stellur).

plus the fact they've been playing together already for x amount of months. Even if flame could find someone better than maniac it doesn't mean they will be familiar with each other in game enough to be the better option

plus the fact they've been playing together already for x amount of months. Even if flame find someone better than maniac it doesn't mean they will be familiar with each other in game enough to be the better option

Exactly. The real problem with Optic is not the players. It's the fact that they didn't grind when it mattered the most. They fell behind and later they couldn't catch up. Now they might be better then many teams in in t15, but it might be too late. It's quite an opposite situation like when the old SQ roster grinded hard and won the first Reach event.

How good was Formal when he used to play Halo? From the way people talk about him it makes it seem like he was a god - I was under the impression that there were quite a few players better than him?

Arguing over whether Esports is a "real sport" might be one of the biggest wastes of time that I could ever think of. It's purely semantics. It has no reflection on reality, no tangible value or outcome.

Reminder

How good was Formal when he used to play Halo? From the way people talk about him it makes it seem like he was a god - I was under the impression that there were quite a few players better than him?

He is a god

• Upvote (+1) 2

He was very quickly a top player in reach and part of the ambush God squad in H4. To put it in perspective - As far as I remember he was the designated sniper for the team even though they had snipedown.

there are 2 fps titans on console - hes one of them. i wish mlg had all of his vod on side stations

• Upvote (+1) 1

According to pros, he was a top 3 player in bloom and sprint reach behind Roy and Pistola. he was amazing in nbns but I didn't watch enough to be able to rank him. He was the best player in H4 by his own estimation and maybe some other players' as well. I seem to remember thinking that Snipedown and Pistola were up there too. In H2A, he came back after competing at the highest level in COD and won a tournament with limited practice so that speaks for itself.

Also, like Royal 2, his sniping could completely shut down the other team. It almost made me angry to watch him play when I was rooting for Instinct.

• Upvote (+1) 2

A Reach Kid, overrated.
  • Downvote (-1) 35