CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I got stuff like this too but I heard that it was basically just like a small garage.  They're only selling 200 tickets too so that picture just looks like a bigger arena.  IDK what to think haha.

That's not the MLG arena, that's Anaheim. The MLG arena is in Columbus.

Damn, idk then.  Because the majority of the pictures looked like that.  Guess we will have to wait and see.

• Downvote (-1) 1

I disagree.  "Athletics" require physical movement of some nature at the base level.  Sitting in a car does not make you an "ATHLETE", no matter how taxing it can be.  Competitive chess is extremely taxing mentally and requires endurance...are chess players therefore athletes? No.  Losing weight because you're sweating your ass off sitting in a multi-layered racing suit and helmet doesn't make you an athlete.  Enduring physical forces doesn't make you an "athlete" either.  A fighter pilot for example endures WAY harsher "forces" than a race-car driver, are they "athletes" too? Of course not.

None of this is meant to demean the competitive validity of racing.

I'm not sure why I just agreed with that but I find myself torn.

54a78a9754dec_-_cryinggifs_01_1.gif

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 4

That's a hell of a graphic for a scrim haha. I thought that was like a money match or something lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This series has gotten me back into the competitive scene and all I wanna do is play right now. It's already past 1:30 and I have to be up at 7 for my stupid job.

Why can't I be a pro and just play Halo all night.

</3

• Upvote (+1) 4

Maaan. I'm still in shock from Saturday. 

When EG is first announced with Ola I'm thinking, okay, this is my squad for life. Then Ola fucks up his hand and they pick up TJ and I'm like who the fuck is this douchebag. As the weeks go by and I start watching lethuls streams he starts winning me over with his fuck the world attitude and sick in game plays. Slowly TJ starts earning my trust and EG goes on to be dominant. Then, the storms hit, and TJ leaves, and I have been brainwashed into leaving my favorite squad since before he was even there and joining the dark side. And how does he repay me? 

You son of a bitch. 

• Upvote (+1) 8

Me while re-watching the CLG vs EG finals from X Games...  :walshy:

That's how I felt when I saw that fist-bump.  :weback:

• Upvote (+1) 2

After the X Games, Commonly is a Rookie Sensation. EG Proves Lethul wrong about switching teams. REGIONALS and World Champs is looking REALLY REALLY FUN TO WATCH!!!

The easiest way to expose idiots is to ask the question, "are video games a sport?"

FYI to all you Webster dictionary geniuses, the definitions of words can and do change constantly.

Looking back at my notes the story lines leading into world finals is awesome.

Been trying to dig dirt on the teams from the rest of the world but honestly (and I say this hoping to be proved wrong) I can't see any more than 2 EU teams making it to the final 8 due to how stacked the event will be with 8 of NA's finest.

Either way there are some sick storylines here, even if they don't make it (and I really hope they do) the Optic story line is still worth talking about on stream.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Saying that gaming is a sport is borderline lunacy. It's not a sport. It's an "eSport." These are two separate things.

Sports =/= eSports

Thats like saying dogs arent animals. They are dogs... These are two separate things.

Sounds dumb, doesnt it?

I want to see the LCQ team get top 8 @ Regionals and top 4/6 @ Worlds

I wouldn't be surprised. I've learned not to count out Blaze.

I wouldn't be surprised. I've learned not to count out Blaze.

That's what you never want to do with someone who's really determined to win.

What's the prize pool for HWC now? Last I remembered, based on $2 million is that first place is $800k, 2nd is $400k, 3rd and 4th is $200k each. 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th each get $60k, and 9th-16th get $20k.

Regardless of what happened at X-Games, these top teams are going to at least be able to get some real decent winnings from world's.

They should do another HCS specific REQ pack. Though it won't happen, I can just see team logo skins clean up with fans and players.

What's the prize pool for HWC now? Last I remembered, based on $2 million is that first place is $800k, 2nd is $400k, 3rd and 4th is $200k each. 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th each get $60k, and 9th-16th get $20k.

Regardless of what happened at X-Games, these top teams are going to at least be able to get some real decent winnings from world's.

They should do another HCS specific REQ pack. Though it won't happen, I can just see team logo skins clean up with fans and players.

Still cant believe that load of cash.

I had 50k req points on my alt account, so i was grinding warzone to get to 80k for the HCS req pack, and now i wish i had gotten it on my main account. I'm hoping they do something like that again as well.

Lastly, It seems like flamesword has been spending a heck of a lot of time (too much time) looking for a 3rd and fourth rather than getting two, focusing hard on them and grinding til the last chance qualifier. If im not mistaken, he HAS to come first just go make it to regionals. Hes scraping by by the skin of his teeth, im stunned that its come to this for Optic. I was watching Poseys stream last night and he is absolutely rude at H5, holy moly. I just hope his team came sneak in, poor kid has gotten screwed so many times already lol.

Next weekends event is gonna be awesome to watch.

Saying that gaming is a sport is borderline lunacy. It's not a sport. It's an "eSport." These are two separate things.

Sports =/= eSports

Arguing this is like running a race at the special olympics.

Even if you win you're still retar de d

• Downvote (-1) 14

It doesnt even matter at this point...esports have grassroots, underground, online, collegiate, pro league, USA Network, ESPN, national past time in korea and at X Games. Theres nowhere else to go but Olympics.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1