CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I hope they announce the finals location, tickets price and all that stuff soon. I really want to try and go and meet up with some buds but the longer they wait, the less likely that will be.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Has anybody been to the MLG.tv arena in columbus where regionals are being held? Curious as to what the actual venue looks like.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I definitely would like to see posey win LCQ. Then out place Dream Team at regionals.

Dream Team shaded him hardcore. I would love to see this happen and would not be surprised honestly if it did.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Has anybody been to the MLG.tv arena in columbus where regionals are being held? Curious as to what the actual venue looks like.

This is what i got from the almighty Google

maxresdefault.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Probably a rhetorical question but I'll answer with: Absolutely!

This argument tends to come up a lot as people assume they just sit and drive but they forget about the forces at play. Forumla One drivers for example are outstandingly fit and athletic. They can lose up to 3kgs of weight in a race. Similar figures would apply to NASCAR.

It puts an incredible toll on your body both physically and mentally to be driving for hours on end at that speed. Especially when one mistake can put you into the wall and potentially kill you.

That said I don't agree with the argument that gamers aren't deserving of medals at the Xgames. It's definitely not in the same ballpark as putting your body on the line but it's still competition and both can exist without one side putting the other down. Wouldn't have been hard for her to be supportive even if she doesn't quite understand it. It's not affecting the popularity of your sport to be supportive.

endurance racing is a whole different ballgame as well. imagine going 180 plus on average around a 10+ turn track 8 miles long for 12-24 hours. there is a reason why the nordschlefe nurburgring is called "the green hell". 

I hope they announce the finals location, tickets price and all that stuff soon. I really want to try and go and meet up with some buds but the longer they wait, the less likely that will be.

Is the HWC in March? If it's during my spring break... I should be able to go. I couldn't go to X-Games because I won't have enough time to get back to my university on time with the winter storm happening over there :(

Is the HWC in March? If it's during my spring break... I should be able to go. I couldn't go to X-Games because I won't have enough time to get back to my university on time with the winter storm happening over there :(

Yup. Finals are March 19-20th. 

nV is scrimming Elevate right now, no streams though :(

nV is playing well right now. Game one they went down 2 caps to 0 on truth and came back and won. Ola just dropped 23 kills with most obj on Fathom flag. it was a nice game from him.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I know how 343 likes having events at conventions and during the same dates as worlds is SXSW. That is in Austin, TX. I think it'd be cool to have it there because all of the concerts that go down that weekend.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I know how 343 likes having events at conventions and during the same dates as worlds is SXSW. That is in Austin, TX. I think it'd be cool to have it there because all of the concerts that go down that weekend.

I just need them to announce a location asap so I can get shit booked. The longer they wait, the more expensive flights and hotels will be.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wish I would have known that. I am going home March 16th and would have planned around that to try and go.

I just need them to announce a location asap so I can get shit booked. The longer they wait, the more expensive flights and hotels will be.

I feel you and if it is during SXSW everything is already sold out months ago anyway. They always take their time announcing things.

They'd be foolish to announce the Worlds location too late...I do hope they announce it soon though. I'm sure many would like to go but we need time to prepare and what not. I'll be shocked if it isn't announced before regionals

They'd be foolish to announce the Worlds location too late...I do hope they announce it soon though. I'm sure many would like to go but we need time to prepare and what not. I'll be shocked if it isn't announced before regionals

When's NA regionals again? 

Would be cool since I'm in Louisiana but it being at SXSW is a longshot

This is what i got from the almighty Google

maxresdefault.jpg

I got stuff like this too but I heard that it was basically just like a small garage.  They're only selling 200 tickets too so that picture just looks like a bigger arena.  IDK what to think haha.

Oh sick. Not long then.

Nope. Not too far away. That's why I was saying they need to announce it before regionals :/ I bet they will announce it during regionals or something

Holy shit.... My break runs from March 12 to the 20th... :O They need to announce the details ASAP
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Probably a rhetorical question but I'll answer with: Absolutely!

This argument tends to come up a lot as people assume they just sit and drive but they forget about the forces at play. Forumla One drivers for example are outstandingly fit and athletic. They can lose up to 3kgs of weight in a race. Similar figures would apply to NASCAR.

It puts an incredible toll on your body both physically and mentally to be driving for hours on end at that speed. Especially when one mistake can put you into the wall and potentially kill you.

I disagree.  "Athletics" require physical movement of some nature at the base level.  Sitting in a car does not make you an "ATHLETE", no matter how taxing it can be.  Competitive chess is extremely taxing mentally and requires endurance...are chess players therefore athletes? No.  Losing weight because you're sweating your ass off sitting in a multi-layered racing suit and helmet doesn't make you an athlete.  Enduring physical forces doesn't make you an "athlete" either.  A fighter pilot for example endures WAY harsher "forces" than a race-car driver, are they "athletes" too? Of course not.

None of this is meant to demean the competitive validity of racing.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 4