CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Who does everyone think is going to lock up that 16th seed this upcoming weekend?

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 5

OK, silly ski bitch aside...

Who does everyone think is going to lock up that 16th seed this upcoming weekend?

Optic Gaming maybe? I really don't know any other team right now

i hope its optic but they were losing games to posey and blaze's team recently

Forgot about them. They could definitely make it.

Its unlikely it will be since they're using spectator mode for regionals, instead of w/e MLG rigged up for xgames.

I thought 343 and MLG are working together? Having just spectator mode would be a huge downgrade. Listen-ins and facecams are part of the tournament presentation.

• Upvote (+1) 3

OpTic would help the scene grow the most. Sudds would be a feel good story. 4 ams would be awesome like the 64th team in March Madness.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I thought 343 and MLG are working together? Having just spectator mode would be a huge downgrade. Listen-ins and facecams are part of the tournament presentation.

I'd be all for spectator mode if it was better than what is present.  The current version is good for maybe watching games on XBL, not live events.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Saying that gaming is a sport is borderline lunacy. It's not a sport. It's an "eSport." These are two separate things.

Sports =/= eSports

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

partial to the knighthawks  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Arguing over whether Esports is a "real sport" might be one of the biggest wastes of time that I could ever think of. It's purely semantics. It has no reflection on reality, no tangible value or outcome.

Patrick-Stewart-Clapping-Bravo-In-Star-T

• Upvote (+1) 1

So many great moments over this weekend, as someone brand new to competitive Halo I feel spoilt. 

It certainly has been something special. :weback:

• Upvote (+1) 1

damn getting negged for trying to bring the post back on topic.  jesus guys.

I have no clue why you got negged. Pretty pathetic tbh.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Guys and Gals,

there is more Halo next weekend.  :flames:  :weback:

Hell yea.  Hyped for it.  Can't wait to see who locks that 16th seed.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Are NASCAR drivers athletes?

I'd say yea.  Takes some decent physical conditioning to sit inside those hot ass cars all day going 140+ on some tracks.  Same for indy/F1/Iroc racers.  Those guys are fucking nuts.

Are NASCAR drivers athletes?

Probably a rhetorical question but I'll answer with: Absolutely!

This argument tends to come up a lot as people assume they just sit and drive but they forget about the forces at play. Forumla One drivers for example are outstandingly fit and athletic. They can lose up to 3kgs of weight in a race. Similar figures would apply to NASCAR.

It puts an incredible toll on your body both physically and mentally to be driving for hours on end at that speed. Especially when one mistake can put you into the wall and potentially kill you.

That said I don't agree with the argument that gamers aren't deserving of medals at the Xgames. It's definitely not in the same ballpark as putting your body on the line but it's still competition and both can exist without one side putting the other down. Wouldn't have been hard for her to be supportive even if she doesn't quite understand it. It's not affecting the popularity of your sport to be supportive.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Probably a rhetorical question but I'll answer with: Absolutely!

This argument tends to come up a lot as people assume they just sit and drive but they forget about the forces at play. Forumla One drivers for example are outstandingly fit and athletic. They can lose up to 3kgs of weight in a race. Similar figures would apply to NASCAR.

It puts an incredible toll on your body both physically and mentally to be driving for hours on end at that speed. Especially when one mistake can put you into the wall and potentially kill you.

That said I don't agree with the argument that gamers aren't deserving of medals at the Xgames. It's definitely not in the same ballpark as putting your body on the line but it's still competition and both can exist without one side putting the other down. Wouldn't have been hard for her to be supportive even if she doesn't quite understand it. It's not affecting the popularity of your sport to be supportive.

Perfectly said my man

• Upvote (+1) 3

Arguing if eSports can be sports is like arguing if video games games can be art. The answer to both is yes if you expand your definition of the word, and like the games v art debate in about 10 years people will wonder why anyone made a big deal of it in the first place.

• Upvote (+1) 1