CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

That is probably true but the individual skill at the highest levels of CS eclipses everything you'll ever see in Halo just because the sky is the limit with mouse/kb and the way the sprays work in CS compared to the gun skill required in Halo. I'd really prefer to see Quake come back though

Dont hold your breath, might be a better chance of HL3 before a new full-fledged dev supported Quake game. Some of the top Quake pros are already looking to possibly move to UT4 or Overwatch if it takes off. I have high hopes for UT4 though as a long-time player and supporter of competitive UT. The CTF, TDM, and Duel modes are looking like straight fire so far and with an open-source engine available to all the potential for new maps, game modes, mutations,and weapons are endless. There is even mention of the hugely popular UT2k4 Onslaught mode being added which would be H5's equivalent of Warzone(which is is similar in many ways actually). ESL already has plans for it and 5v5 UT has a steep learning curve but its very skill-oriented(arguably more than any comp FPS out there right now) and involves quite alot of coordination and teamwork.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytviLdEIuSQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04tRim-qpL8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LojYEANJKng

I was in a mid-tier UT2004 Clan back in the day and competed against some very good players so I know first hand how intense and team-oriented competitive UT can be. A great game to watch as well, I dont know how people can say gameplay like this isn't entertaining to watch yet games like CoD and even Overwatch(no offense) are.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't know why you'd hate it, just means more attention on the game, more viewers, bigger community, larger pool of content...not really seeing the downside here lol. Only difference is how you control them usually is it not?

343 cant handle Halo 5 on Xbox they would ruin it on PC
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 8

How have I never seen this before? This is golden.

Ninja - "its not going to take a year for this game to be fixed"

Meanwhile 3+ years + a re-release, still broken. 

• Upvote (+1) 9

H4 was pretty good in the MCC.

• Upvote (+1) 1

There should be a huge event like xgames but specifically for gaming. All the games. All the countries. Medals.

• Upvote (+1) 4

To be fair this was right when console/PC games started to release half finished and broken I think, so at the time...it was more far fetched.

Dont hold your breath, might be a better chance of HL3 before a new full-fledged dev supported Quake game. Some of the top Quake pros are already looking to possibly move to UT4 or Overwatch if it takes off. I have high hopes for UT4 though as a long-time player and supporter of competitive UT. The CTF, TDM, and Duel modes are looking like straight fire so far and with an open-source engine available to all the potential for new maps, game modes, mutations,and weapons are endless. There is even mention of the hugely popular UT2k4 Onslaught mode being added which would be H5's equivalent of Warzone(which is is similar in many ways actually). ESL already has plans for it and 5v5 UT has a steep learning curve but its very skill-oriented(arguably more than any comp FPS out there right now) and involves quite alot of coordination and teamwork.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytviLdEIuSQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04tRim-qpL8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LojYEANJKng

I was in a mid-tier UT2004 Clan back in the day and competed against some very good players so I know first hand how intense and team-oriented competitive UT can be. A great game to watch as well, I dont know how people can say gameplay like this isn't entertaining to watch yet games like CoD and even Overwatch(no offense) are.

1) Onslaught Mode is far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far greater than Warzone.

2) UT2k4 has my favorite sandbox in all of FPS history.

3) Cilff Bleszinski's new game, Lawbreakers, should be on everyone's radar.

4) We should get back on topic before the modhammers come crashing down.  Lethul regret jokes gg

• Upvote (+1) 1

Dont hold your breath, might be a better chance of HL3 before a new full-fledged dev supported Quake game.

With Wolfenstein being fairly successful, and a new Doom in the works, I wouldn't be too surprised with a Quake after that. Whether or not it is any good is a different story.

Reflex is working pretty well as a Quake clone so far. Not sure how successful it will be after it releases since it isn't backed by a publisher for marketing costs, but I'm hoping for the best.

There should be a huge event like xgames but specifically for gaming. All the games. All the countries. Medals.

I was thinking about this earlier. Would be so awesome to see everything from street fighter, to cod and halo, to LoL in one week-long event or something.

• Upvote (+1) 2

First stop X-Games...next goal should be the Olympics with all the games! 

To be honest as much as I love Halo, smash, and other Esports I don't feel they should be at the Olympics. 

It might be cool if there was something separate specifically for a wide variety of video games every 4 years (maybe less due to the usually short lifespan of someone being at the top of their game). 

Elympics?  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 4

To be honest as much as I love Halo, smash, and other Esports I don't feel they should be at the Olympics. 

It might be cool if there was something separate specifically for a wide variety of video games every 4 years (maybe less due to the usually short lifespan of someone being at the top of their game). 

Elympics?  :kappa:

I forgot to add the Kappa, but you are right. I don't think it should be at the Olympics either. Maybe their own event as you suggest. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

so chess can be considered a sport but halo can't? fuck out of here with this nonsense. all sports are professions where you play games for a living to entertain others. the elitism from those who play physical sports amounts to nothing but jock speak.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

so chess can be considered a sport but halo can't? fuck out of here with this nonsense. all sports are professions where you play games for a living to entertain others. the elitism from those who play physical sports amounts to nothing but jock speak.

I still don't think chess should be considered a sport...

• Upvote (+1) 1

With Wolfenstein being fairly successful, and a new Doom in the works, I wouldn't be too surprised with a Quake after that. Whether or not it is any good is a different story. Reflex is working pretty well as a Quake clone so far. Not sure how successful it will be after it releases since it isn't backed by a publisher for marketing costs, but I'm hoping for the best.

I just have my doubts about a true Duel Arena FPS succeeding in this day and age. I have advocated for Arena shooters for years, and at the end of the day people say they want the return of games like Quake but they haven't backed up the talk. Everything is so team oriented and even games like Lawbreakers and Overwatch are new-aged squad "Hero FPS" not exactly traditional Arena shooters. After seeing the MP for the new Doom game, I have zero confidence that a new Quake game would be anything like Quake 3 under Bethesda. I do think if UT4 succeeds though, then there is a better chance of a new Quake being produced using a similar production model.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I get why she doesn't think eSports should be lumped in with "Xtreme Sports" but at the same time I feel the same way about downhill slalom skiing...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Esports are kind of the odd man out at Xgames, but does not mean these gamers do not deserve a gold medal.

Also, esports should not aim to be at the Olympics, we can aim higher. 

I like the idea of having a massive event every 2 years or so that plays host to any and all recognized eSports. CoD, Halo, Dota, LoL, CSGO, SC2, HearthStone, HotS, Smash, SF. KI, Gears. Let the teams play for Medals and prize money if possible.

• Upvote (+1) 8