CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

The most pivotal thing he said was that he believed that competitive Halo is more enjoyable to spectate than competitive Counter Strike.  He also said that he believed it possibly took more teamwork as well.

That's great to hear, and is a great endorsement for halo. He reaches hundreds of thousands of people a week (don't know the exact numbers but I would assume it is at least that much). His opinion matters. 

Out of curiosity what kind of things was he saying? Glad that he is still talking about Halo this long after release. The importance of staying relevant to people like Summit should not be underestimated.

He really goes on for like 30 mins arguing with his chat about how good H5 is.

"Competitive Halo is 20x more fun to watch than Comp CS" "If Halo 5 came to PC that would be my main game with CS" He really loves watching competitive Halo and just couldn't stop talking about how he wishes it was on PC.

He's been pretty burned out on CS for awhile now I think so that is partially why he's craving Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 6

The most pivotal thing he said was that he believed that competitive Halo is more enjoyable to spectate than competitive Counter Strike.  He also said that he believed it possibly took more teamwork as well.

It really depends on how you define teamwork. Halo has a constant focus on the basics of teamshot / crossfires which is constantly at the fore but Counter-Strike's utility and site imbalance / rotation brings in a more diverse and rich level to how teamplay interacts.

Halo had a great weekend surpassing expectations and it's nice that people are talking about it (even with this X-Games drama, all news is good news). IMO we should keep focusing on what we're doing right in the present and building that than in some fantasy of the future.

Just doesn't help the gamer stereotypes if everyone starts attacking someone for their opinion, even if the opinion isn't the best one out there. We have tons of exposure right now, instead of trashing her I'd rather just see discussion and dialog about it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

She doesn't seem to realize the X Games is really a platform to target the younger audiences and what they're interested in. As esports grows so will its inclusion with the X Games. They're not stupid. They know who their target demographic is over there.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's just funny because she critiques like her sport doesn't receive a gold medal. Why would you want to take medals away from others? Defeats the purpose of progress in society in my opinion.

He really goes on for like 30 mins arguing with his chat about how good H5 is.

"Competitive Halo is 20x more fun to watch than Comp CS" "If Halo 5 came to PC that would be my main game with CS" He really loves watching competitive Halo and just couldn't stop talking about how he wishes it was on PC.

He's been pretty burned out on CS for awhile now I think so that is partially why he's craving Halo.

I would really love to see Halo on PC finally, especially with how much Microsoft is pushing the whole "unified" vibe with gaming these days. I do wonder what would happen tho, if it would explode, if a competitive scene would develop, if it would become bigger than console and how that would effect the scene...or how 343 would choose to support them. Either way tho i'd love to have MCC and H5 on PC for sure. 

• Downvote (-1) 2

I would really love to see Halo on PC finally, especially with how much Microsoft is pushing the whole "unified" vibe with gaming these days. I do wonder what would happen tho, if it would explode, if a competitive scene would develop, if it would become bigger than console and how that would effect the scene...or how 343 would choose to support them. Either way tho i'd love to have MCC and H5 on PC for sure. 

I would absolutely hate to see H5 on PC.

I like the difference between PC shooters and Console shooters.

H5 needs to always stay a console shooter, it is part of what makes it great.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I feel like I'm the only person who's a huge fan of esports (in my case, one particular esport) but doesn't feel that it should be held on an equal level as real sports.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Incredible weekend of Halo. Everyone who was involved, players and staff alike shouild be incredibly proud of themselves.

The final was a perfect advert for Halo on arguably the biggest stage we have seen. ESPN coverage, great stream views etc. Massive congratulations to EG on the win, CLG were also a pleasure to watch. Hopefully we see a rematch at NA regionals after these teams have had even longer to gel and practice. Seeing Puckett today reminded me of one of the reasons why I fell in love with competitve Halo at the very start.

Massive fan of Frosty too. The guy is an absolute monster, plus the fact he was ill makes it all the more impressive. Same can be said with Commonly, what a performance for your first major live event under that much pressure.

EMEA's this weekend too, hopefully all my NA and worldwide brothers will be tuning in to see some more Halo action.

We are back people.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Kristi does have a point but we all ignored it because she went overboard. If you take the X-games to mean extreme sports then she's right that video games don't belong there, she should just take her criticism to the producers of X-games because they chose to have video games there for the past 2/3 years.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I hate to break it to you mate...

Eh if he recorded in 1080p 60fps it'll be worth, I appreciate the extra bitrate if i'm screen capping...and frankly the Twitch VoD is a little annoying to use in comparison. 

Kristi does have a point but we all ignored it because she went overboard. If you take the X-games to mean extreme sports then she's right that video games don't belong there, she should just take her criticism to the producers of X-games because they chose to have video games there for the past 2/3 years.

Having video games there helps HER more than she will ever understand.

I would absolutely hate to see H5 on PC.

I like the difference between PC shooters and Console shooters.

H5 needs to always stay a console shooter, it is part of what makes it great.

I don't know why you'd hate it, just means more attention on the game, more viewers, bigger community, larger pool of content...not really seeing the downside here lol. Only difference is how you control them usually is it not? 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I feel like I'm the only person who's a huge fan of esports (in my case, one particular esport) but doesn't feel that it should be held on an equal level as real sports.

To me it just comes down to the fact that they're both just games where people test their limits in some form or another. At the end of the day they are just games though and are only there for entertainment. The idea of respecting someone or something more or less based on how physical the activity is seems to be an extremely pointless distinction. There are people in the world doing real things that really matter that get zero attention by comparison to sports if we're going to talk about things being held to levels they should or shouldn't be.

• Upvote (+1) 1

No one is saying it's equal to athletic sports though. People get upset when they're saying it shouldn't be shown on television, why are they getting so much money, #couchathletes. I mean winning the Stanley Cup is different to winning the National Spelling Bee. But to the kid who studied the dictionary all year, practiced for hundreds and hundreds of hours and wins, is his joy, his determination to win really any different?

• Upvote (+1) 7

Nope, I feel the same way.

I think it's awesome that Halo is on TV, that is fucking cool. I don't think video games belong at X-Games though, be that CoD, DOTA, Halo whatever. It'd be like they started streaming a chess tournament at EVO...

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1