CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Ok so it's over? What do I do now?

Get ready for the Last Chance Qualifier next week

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ahhh and imagine we have the Last Chance Qualifier next week!! Imagine the hype of that!

Any predictions? Im going with the Blaze/Posey/Burton squad with whoever they pick as a 4th. 

yREGfxe.png

rohn7gH.png

Roy went Ham and Eggs in that series.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ive played several hockey tourneys like that and every provincial lacrosse tourney uses double elim. Ive already said this.

Continuation makes literally no sense. It was bad when they used it before and they should never, ever go back to it. Once a series is over, its over. One team moves on, the other goes to losers. If they meet again, its a new series.

Only time I think it should be used is when the team coming from the losers bracket wins the best of 5 in the finals. Since the team coming from the Winners was never put into the losers bracket, that loss in the best of 5 is their first 'loss' so it continues on from that into a best of 11. After some thought I don't agree with the scenario where the team coming out of the winners bracket knocked the team they meet in the finals into the losers bracket continuing on. 

Anybody who wants to listen to summit fawn over Halo 5 while playing CS http://www.twitch.tv/summit1g/v/39128325

Great find, he's streaming again & has been going off on Halo. Hasn't stopped talking about it for the last hour or so, he's a huge fan of the community as well saying he follows our community more so than CS's. Pretty cool, hearing a streamer who has 1.2 million followers compliment & support the game like this is fantastic.

:weback:

This event got me to hyped to play Halo. Played Team Arena. Quit. I hate radar, and auto's in competitive.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 12

PC players liked Halo 1 on PC. I hear a lot of praise for the game on PC central forums like LinusTechTips and TekSyndicate. So maybe if PC got a MCC port it can go competitive. PC gaming is much bigger then the time when Halo 1 came out so it'll gain a bigger fan base. 

Also CoD games usually get shity PC ports and Activision pretty much decide where the competitive scene play.

For alot of FPS PC gamers, when they hear the two words "console port" that game is already DOA no matter how great the game is on consoles. Any serious PC gamer would of easily chosen a plethora of other "PC FPS" over HCE in that time and that would still be true today. Not sure what summ1t meant by "a Halo release would be bigger on PC competitively" than console but that is simply not true. If Halo 5 was ported to PC it would not be more popular on PC than Xbox unless 343 built the game from the ground up for PC using MK+B input and heavily supported it on the PC platform which we all know is never happening. A stand-alone Halo MP built exclusively for PC? Yes, that has potential to be bigger competitively on PC than Xbox. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

So many great moments over this weekend, as someone brand new to competitive Halo I feel spoilt. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

@@TiberiusAudley I'm interested to know what you thought about Towey saying Red Nest hill on Eden is the most important hill.

Because you've been firmly in the Red Nest is worst hill camp for awhile.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

@@TiberiusAudley I'm interested to know what you thought about Towey saying Red Nest hill on Eden is the most important hill.

Towey is right.

Finally finished pre-processing. Still only 360p at the moment, dunno how long it will be until 1080p is available

• Upvote (+1) 6

So what do we do now?

Well you can do whatever you want, at least you are not stuck in the mountains like certain people.. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Lost 3-0 to DIG. Was super close games apart from the Rig Slayer, think I played okay in that series.

Won my first winnings ever. £12.50 in the bank bois  :walshy:

You got beat by DIG, DIG SeptiQ quit out of my game there now. Should I go pro?  :kappa:

jL4VPDy.png

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Finally finished pre-processing. Still only 360p at the moment, dunno how long it will be until 1080p is available

I hate to break it to you mate...

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's 100% the most important...  But only every 2 minutes.

I've been saying for weeks you want rockets -> rotate red -> use first to rockets to secure OS -> last 2 rockets are on your OS guy who can 1v3 a cap.

Once OS is gone, Blue is the "Swing" territory, and the most important one is whichever one your opponents are spawning near, so you can get spawn kills, then cap for triple then focus on spawn cycling.

And in other news...