CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Yea, the 2 times they tried to put halo on pc it was absolutely horrible.  But, if this is the case, why are the huge cod events on console and not pc?

It was horrible because the ports were awful and half assed. Halo PC flopped because the developer porting it changed so much. Halo 2 Vista flopped because... Vista and Games for Windows Live.

Plus everyone seems to forget that the current fan base is invested on their console. They aren't suddenly going to drop that, spend 500 bucks on a PC and play on there instead. That applies for CoD and Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Summit saying on stream that if Halo was released on PC he thinks the competitive fanbase for it would be bigger for PC than Xbox

Growing the scene would be much easier with a PC release. Doubt we'd see all the same pros for long though if it was released on PC. :/ Im sure some could hang as many of these guys are good at any game they dedicate themselves to regardless of console, but others hands would only work with a controller. 

pool play has never been the same as bracket play. Intensity has always been different. And the series was exiciting but CLG still won more overall games so we may not have gotten as an exiciting of a winner but we prolly would have saw the best team win.

And no Hockey tourney does double elimination at a high level. Just like any other sport. Which is fine.

Just like it would be fine if halo stuck at a single elimination like they did here. But if they go back to a top 16 double elimination bracket then there needs to be continuation to reward the winner of each series

Ive played several hockey tourneys like that and every provincial lacrosse tourney uses double elim. Ive already said this.

Continuation makes literally no sense. It was bad when they used it before and they should never, ever go back to it. Once a series is over, its over. One team moves on, the other goes to losers. If they meet again, its a new series.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Plus everyone seems to forget that the current fan base is invested on their console. They aren't suddenly going to drop that, spend 500 bucks on a PC and play on there instead. That applies for CoD and Halo.

There are a lot of PC gamers that don't do consoles. Guarantee there are CS:Go players that wouldn't mind playing Halo as well but aren't about to invest in an xbox for a single game.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Halo would be massive on PC. A proper MCC port to PC would sell millions and I could see one of those Halos go competitive 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I would love for Halo 5 to release on PC as long as the HCS stayed with using the controller for events. I would not want the official competitive scene to be split in two between keyboard and mouse and controller players. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

I JUST missed puckett. Damn.

IF anyone has a link to a VOD with puckett casting that game (as soon as one appears) can they post it here? ILL BE SPAMMING dat F5

Thank you <3

It was horrible because the ports were awful and half assed. Halo PC flopped because the developer porting it changed so much. Halo 2 Vista flopped because... Vista and Games for Windows Live.

Oh I know.  I'm still quite angered that the Vista version was the one ported to the MCC.  

500$ for a pc?  damn dude can i get the hook up?

I enjoy that this is on console.  It wouldn't be the same feeling on a PC.  Now watching some RTS geniuses on HW2 on a pc would be interesting.

How good ninja plays when Walshy is coach :))))))))))

So true. Symbolic needs to complement him and keep him hyped. Makes ninja play great.

If Towey gets a gold medal (not sure if its too late for that or not) I think Clutch and whoever the 3rd place coach deserve a medal too. Would only be fair.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo would be massive on PC. A proper MCC port to PC would sell millions and I could see one of those Halos go competitive 

Where is your evidence of console ports succeeding on PC competitively? HCE for PC and H2 Vista? The new CoD games?

I would love for Halo 5 to release on PC as long as the HCS were controller only events. I would not want the official competitive scene to be split in two between keyboard and mouse and controller players. 

If Halo 5 were successfully released on PC, it would mean almost fundamentally changing the entire game(aiming+aim assist,movement, POV, map design,ect..) which would then make it very unpleasant to play on console. I am sorry, but no hardcore PC gamer is going to play a console port when there are FPS like CS:GO,UT,Quake,TF2,.ect.. available that have deeply ingrained communities/developers on the platform and cater to PC gamers. Its why its never been done before, you cant "specialize" in both.

500$ for a pc?  damn dude can i get the hook up?

Oh dude you could easily build a pc capable of running Halo 5 at 1080p+ 60fps+ for ~$300. 

Halo 5 would be easy to run.