CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

As time goes on more and more people will begin to accept competitive gaming for what it is. No different from her skiing when it comes to how much time players need to dedicate their lives to it. 

Yep.

And let's all be clear. This shouldn't take away from other sports or entertainment. Events like the Super Bowl and the World Cup will still be the biggest events where people will always strive for. People think this is taking away the accomplishments from anyone who has ever been on ESPN when it's not.

• Upvote (+1) 1

X Games and any professional sports purpose is to make money. That's it. Cringe worthy when people don't understand this. She's literally saying video games don't belong in "X Games" because the X stands for extreme and video games aren't extreme!!! Lmao. Video games are in x games because they make money.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hockey tournaments also use bracket play with double elimination and pool play. Obviously with no continuation. Those are the only sports I played but I would imagine they all work the same.

Eg vs CLG best of 7 x games finals will go down as one of the greatest series in halo history. Would we be saying the same thing if CLG started the series up 3-0? No, we wouldn't.

What hockey tournaments do you play in? Legit never heard of double elimination in a hockey tournament. Round robin, sure but not double elim.

If EG came back to win it, yes, yes we would.

Since Che said Regionals will be spectator mode, does that mean we won't have face cameras either? Isn't that a downgrade form Xgames?

Since Che said Regionals will be spectator mode, does that mean we won't have face cameras either? Isn't that a downgrade form Xgames?

Apparently the spectator mode won't have a delay. So potential update to spectator mode 

fb708552ae81940414f3c0b3051e019c.png

• Upvote (+1) 6

What hockey tournaments do you play in? Legit never heard of double elimination in a hockey tournament. Round robin, sure but not double elim.

If EG came back to win it, yes, yes we would.

Quoting because I'm curious to know also. I've never had any double elimintation.

However if we are asking, Curling does do a triple elimination format for bonspeils (tournaments), not at the national or world events though. 

Face cams are great for these tourneys. Why can't they do the same setup as Xgames? It's perfect.

Puckettt after the break!

If Puckett is casting here I'm taking credit for it  :kappa:  Been tweeting at Halo and everyone else associated with Halo to make it happen