CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

So the value of sports is specifically about injury risk? 

News to me. 

That means drunk driving should replace Nascar, right?

I am kinda upset that Spartan wasn't voted in and Ace was. Nothing against Ace, but I like how Spartan plays.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hockey tournaments also use bracket play with double elimination and pool play. Obviously with no continuation. Those are the only sports I played but I would imagine they all work the same.

The team who won the first series is rewarded by staying in the winners bracket(keeping the safety net) and/or by getting to play lower seeds.

CLG beat EG in pool play and this meant they avoided playing allegiance in the semis.

Any more of an advantage than this and it just becomes ridiculous and undermines the importance of the finals.

Eg vs CLG best of 7 x games finals will go down as one of the greatest series in halo history. Would we be saying the same thing if CLG started the series up 3-0? No, we wouldn't.

pool play has never been the same as bracket play. Intensity has always been different. And the series was exiciting but CLG still won more overall games so we may not have gotten as an exiciting of a winner but we prolly would have saw the best team win.

And no Hockey tourney does double elimination at a high level. Just like any other sport. Which is fine.

Just like it would be fine if halo stuck at a single elimination like they did here. But if they go back to a top 16 double elimination bracket then there needs to be continuation to reward the winner of each series

• Downvote (-1) 1

If we are going to use this improved spectator mode for later tournaments does that mean player facecams will no longer be available. I really hope we don't have to make that compromise.

I am kinda upset that Spartan wasn't voted in and Ace was. Nothing against Ace, but I like how Spartan plays.

Flamesword literally clutched Ace's spot. Spartan was ahead of Ace, but then Flamesword came in with the Optic wall. 

I'm not saying I disagree with the risk part but they're making this out to be a bigger deal than it actually is. I would argue though a lot of professional gamers are taking risks pursuing their dream and potentially failing, just not to the degree of X-Games Athletes. 

Sure it's odd for the everyday viewer to see this being played at something like X-Games because it's 2 completely different forms of competitive entertainment but it shouldn't be odd to see this become a more common thing in the next year or so on a network that's call the Entertainment and Sports Programming Network.

They play Breakout rules except it's 1 round

As time goes on more and more people will begin to accept competitive gaming for what it is. No different from her skiing when it comes to how much time players need to dedicate their lives to it. 

• Upvote (+1) 1