CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I'm not saying I disagree with the risk part but they're making this out to be a bigger deal than it actually is. I would argue though a lot of professional gamers are taking risks pursuing their dream and potentially failing, just not to the degree of X-Games Athletes. 

Sure it's odd for the everyday viewer to see this being played at something like X-Games because it's 2 completely different forms of competitive entertainment but it shouldn't be odd to see this become a more common thing in the next year or so on a network that's call the Entertainment and Sports Programming Network.

Wat, no spawning in half pipe skiing?

They play Breakout rules except it's 1 round

• Upvote (+1) 1

It encourages crouching and camping. The effects are very noticeable at the pro level. 

oh trust me i know it causes problems, and im all for getting it removed. Guess i should of lead with that for me it feels worthless.

I'm not saying I disagree with the risk part but they're making this out to be a bigger deal than it actually is. I would argue though a lot of professional gamers are taking risks pursuing their dream and potentially failing, just not to the degree of X-Games Athletes. 

Sure it's odd for the everyday viewer to see this being played at something like X-Games because it's 2 completely different forms of competitive entertainment but it shouldn't be odd to see this become a more common thing in the next year or so on a network that's call the Entertainment and Sports Programming Network.

Clearly she doesn't know what a lot of these Pro players have put into their craft for years. Just ignorance thinking these guys don't have to work to be as good as they are. Same people that will be outraged that they don't get taken more seriously as Pro Athletes.

• Upvote (+1) 3

They play Breakout rules except it's 1 round

She's just salty that some dudes with controllers are 100x more relevant than here. Who the fuck is Kristi Leskinen? 

• Upvote (+1) 4

I believe gamers are not athletes (same with Bowling, Darts, etc) but to say they don't deserve there is crap, 30 years ago people thought skateboarding and snowboarding was just something kids did in their free times. Thanks to people like Tony Hawk for helping bringing it to the mainstream and legitimizing it.

Agreed.

My thing is, she is using 'not life threatening' to make a point. Any organized competition, whether physical or mental, is a test of skill within the boundaries of that endeavor. Halo is no different and to deride it because the athletes 'don't put it all on the line' is asinine.

I agree.