CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Feel like this event was the best ran HWC event to date. Great stream, casters, production and exposure for the Halo scene. It's starting to feel like Halo might slowly be coming back into it's own finally :) 

If i knew how to tag people I'd tag Bravo, Tashi, and MrMLGAdam but I'm a scrub here so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Hope we get a #Content bomb dropped by pros when they get back. Hopefully some blogged the experience.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Untrue. I've played in hundreds of lacrosse tournaments that have used brackets with double elimination. Obviously without continuation because it makes literally no sense.

So one example? Football, basketball, hockey, tennis, golf, etc don't use double elimination.

You use continuation because it rewards the team who won the first series while also proving who the better team is over 11 games and not who is better in a simple best of 5.

So one example? Football, basketball, hockey, tennis, golf, etc don't use double elimination.

You use continuation because it rewards the team who won the first series while also proving who the better team is over 11 games and not who is better in a simple best of 5.

honestly continuation is dumb. It provides too big an advantage to wb team. If you want to give advantage to WB team (more fair but worse for viewers imo) you should just make LB team need to win 2 series.

LOL

Maven a savage.

Lethuls mom was on his twitch account last night. Now she is on his twitter. He really trusts his Mom.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Hockey tournaments also use bracket play with double elimination and pool play. Obviously with no continuation. Those are the only sports I played but I would imagine they all work the same.

The team who won the first series is rewarded by staying in the winners bracket(keeping the safety net) and/or by getting to play lower seeds.

CLG beat EG in pool play and this meant they avoided playing allegiance in the semis.

Any more of an advantage than this and it just becomes ridiculous and undermines the importance of the finals.

Eg vs CLG best of 7 x games finals will go down as one of the greatest series in halo history. Would we be saying the same thing if CLG started the series up 3-0? No, we wouldn't.

Benson and Walshy commentating this is making it so entertaining :D Spraying the SMG "not for damage but to scare the opposition"