CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Yes it does make sense and all the other esports told MLG how dumb they were for doing it.  The meaningless "games" mean you move on it the bracket.  You don't get something extra for it.  Think if the panthers had played the broncos this year and won 24-17 in the regular season.  Would it make sense to start the Superbowl with a 24-17 score? 

I used the term meaningless because the original poster did. 

And regards to your NFL analogy. The online qualifiers are the regular season, not pool play. 

Pool play just shouldn't be used in general imo. Just do a double elimination bracket. Everyone loves a double elimination bracket WITH continuation series. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

I can't wait to see the next vlog from @@Towey

He should get in the booth more if/when he can/wants to.

The most important question no one is asking...why did Lethul not watch his face?

:wutface:

• Upvote (+1) 1

May be a little off topic... but watching this event has really made me want to start playing again...

Good viewer numbers, damn good production, damn good Halo.

*sigh* I gotta go buy an Xbox...

• Upvote (+1) 8

Wasn't following this tournament but did CLG not get a benefit for coming from winners?

It was pool play into a single elimination bracket. No "winners" or "losers" brackets to consider.

Anyway somebody get this man, @@Towey a goddamn medal.

And on that note all I will say is that were I a pro Halo player there's no way I would willingly change teams away from such a fantastic coach. What Lethul gave up and Commonly gained comes to more than just the other 3 players holding controllers. EG is a 5-man squad and that bears remembering on LAN.

On another note, this is also my obligatory "can we please get rid of Slayer!?" post. I'll even settle for just getting rid of any Slayers that are symmetrical or don't feature a Camo powerup and replacing them with a ball/bomb gametype created from the upcoming universal ball gametype.

As great as the series we just watched was, each of the Slayers was only entertaining to me because some of the players made ridiculous plays - something they could and were doing just as well in the Objective matches. Straight up deathmatch in a 4v4 honestly just feels like something, some of that Halo magic, is missing.

• Downvote (-1) 2

I swear there was so much throwback when it came to the trashtalk lol this was when Lxthul sort of quoted Neighbor back in the day before the championship series against EG

Bravo's reaction is fucking KILLING me haha.  So good.  That whole exchange was just perfect.

Easily the best Halo event since 2009 ... ridiculous.  

Allegiance choked on LAN as expected, but are still obviously the third/fourth best team.

I figure by the HWC, if all teams practice sufficiently:

1. CLG

2. EG

3. nV

4. Allegiance

• Downvote (-1) 8

Awesome event, great games! Glad to see EG pull out the win, made for a great story :)

Also big thanks to everyone that posted memes, went premium, and supported the community over the weekend. Makes the events a lot more fun to watch to check out the reactions of everyone here.

Eg is at what 7 straight lan victories

Didn't see the pregame I take it.)

I did, totally forgot about that haha (I take back that :wutface:)

Allegiance the new WFX? Amazing online, top 4 on LAN? Also, big congrats to @@Commonly who proved everyone wrong.

My predictions on top 8 to advance from Regionals: AE, CLG, EG, RNG, TL, nV, Elevate, Triggers Pound

May be a little off topic... but watching this event has really made me want to start playing again...

Yes enjoy the aiming
  • Downvote (-1) 11

Feel the exact same way. I know what I'm doing with some of my tax return money!

Lol the coach doesnt even get a gold medal? I thought they were important

• Upvote (+1) 5

I didn't watch H3 but imo that series was up there. All I can think of that was as hype as that set was Instinct vs Classic 2012 Cbus, Insitnct vs SQ 2012 cbus, H2 '06 National Championship, etc. 

Really good set and super fun to watch as a spectator.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I didn't watch H3 but imo that series was up there. All I can think of that was as hype as that set was Instinct vs Classic 2012 Cbus, Insitnct vs SQ 2012 cbus, H2 '06 National Championship, etc. 

Really good set and super fun to watch as a spectator.

You didn't watch H3?

You missed TD vs Str8 09 Anaheim. Get on it bruh. :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 2

I used the term meaningless because the original poster did. 

And regards to your NFL analogy. The online qualifiers are the regular season, not pool play. 

Pool play just shouldn't be used in general imo. Just do a double elimination bracket. Everyone loves a double elimination bracket WITH continuation series. 

If it has continuation it isn't a true double elimination bracket.  Halo finally got rid of it because starcraft made fun of how dumb MLG was for using it.  Halo is all about winning the series.  H2A was much better by getting rid of continuation.  On top of everything else it means we get to see more games played. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

You should try the TD vs Str8 11 game finals. I think it might have been at San Diego? I can't remember now

edit: Anaheim 

That's probably the series to rule them all

• Upvote (+1) 1