CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

The moment Lethul trash talked Snipedown in the pregame interview, it was all but over. Too bad Lethul is a Reach kid, if he was around in H3 he would know not to do that.  :simms:

Link?

Cheers!

1ce6Zud.jpg

Tashiiiiiiii  :flames:  :prayers:

• Upvote (+1) 1

The moment Lethul trash talked Snipedown in the pregame interview, it was all but over. Too bad Lethul is a Reach kid, if he was around in H3 he would know not to do that.  :simms:

Not sure if serious...? What he said was a neighbor quote from h3 and he was obviously joking. 

I honestly think Symmetrical maps are the worst for Slayer. Its much harder to have a setup on a map like that.

but exactly! first team to a setup shouldn't decide the whole BO7

I've been following competitive halo since 2002, back when I had to beg my mom to pay for MLG event VoD's to watch in 240p with Windows Media Player on dial up internet. 

^true OG right here

sitting in lobbies with your buddies, watching h2 MLG, great stuff

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm sure Lethul is good with his decision.

Did this tournament prove that either EG or CLG is a clear favorite to win a best of 5 series when it counts? 

• Upvote (+1) 3

The Xgames are honestly the best thing to happen to Halo in years imo, I've already had a few of my non Halo player friends say they are interested in getting into it after watching the tourny. more events like this and i see a bright future for competitive Halo

Brilliant to see so many newer players having great impacts also. Commonly, Frosty, Suspector, Jimbo and more. 

:weback:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Both CLG and EG just looked beyond better than any other team in the HWC right now.  ALG had a little spark, but still no match for those 2, especially on LAN

A couple random thoughts from me regarding the weekend:

1. Overall, a great weekend of Halo. Not much more you can ask for. The storylines were there, and the action was intense. Good work from the players, coaches, MLG, ESPN, stat trackers, etc. 

2. EG winning was a bit of a surprise to me. Considering how dominate CLG was all weekend, I did not expect EG to pull it out. I am glad to say that I was wrong. EG as the underdogs was a great thing, and really pushed them over the edge. Congrats to EG!

3. CLG is a real threat to EG for the HCS, and they can figure it out. Both teams need to grind, and see where the next month leads. 

4. Allegiance is a dark horse, but it is hard to take down the top two LAN teams. I am sad that Naded that couldn't win a LAN, but it is hard to root for a team with Cratos. I know we are only getting one side on the forums, and Twitter, but it difficult to cheer for that team. I want Naded to win, and won't be disappointed if he does win, but it won't feel as sweet to me (after HWC, please start streaming Naded!)

5. Renegades has to figure some shit out. It seemed like all their energy was spent on the Liquid game. It was a great win, but the rest of the weekend was rough. As a huge fan, I am hoping they take some time to figure it out. Stellur was the only one who consistently showed up throughout the weekend. I am wondering if the 4 of them can someone get some practice together in a house prior to Regionals. Don't know if it is possible, but they still should be good for a top 8 showing, and hopefully higher at the HWC. 

6. Extremely impressed with Epsilon this weekend. While their record will show them as 1-2, I really feel they have a great shot at cracking the top 8 of the HWC, if not higher. 

7. The rest of the top 15 better have been practicing. The top 3 squads are solid, and will take a lot to bring them down. Practice, practice, practice.

8. I can't say it enough again. For the first LAN of Halo 5, the energy here and brought by the teams was amazing. Let's continue the momentum through Regionals and to the HWC!

• Upvote (+1) 2

Both CLG and EG just looked beyond better than any other team in the HWC right now.  ALG had a little spark, but still no match for those 2, especially on "LAN"

You do know the quotes aren't necessary anymore. The event was played on a dedicated server on the local network. No XBL or internet at all.

And we need people for warzone right now. GT: ILLMASTER MONK

CLG won 3-0 in pool play in an essentially meaningless match. There is no way in hell you can combine those wins to mean anything.

Obviously that's not the format used in this tournament but correct me if I'm wrong, MLG used to do continuation series when teams that played each other in pool play met up in the bracket. Doesn't make sense to just have a bunch of games played that are 'meaningless', at least imo. 

Both CLG and EG just looked beyond better than any other team in the HWC right now.  ALG had a little spark, but still no match for those 2, especially on "LAN"

Really no need for the quotes this is was a true lan. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Awesome event, great games! Glad to see EG pull out the win, made for a great story :)

Also big thanks to everyone that posted memes, went premium, and supported the community over the weekend. Makes the events a lot more fun to watch to check out the reactions of everyone here.

• Upvote (+1) 9

we did, they showed highlights of the finals at 9:50 on espn1

Heard that. Had it recorded and watched. Still didn't see it. Must have not been on Espn1 because the basketball game ran 20 minutes late.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm sure Lethul is good with his decision.

Did this tournament prove that either EG or CLG is a clear favorite to win a best of 5 series when it counts? 

But if him leaving for CLG doesn't make either a clear favorite...then it was a lateral move.

So he really just loses by virtue of not getting to team with the three gods anymore.

Grats to EG and thanks to them for such great game play.

Gotta say though, when the series is over and especially when you win its kinda scummy to talk trash to the team you just beat. I mean isn't it enough that you won? Why still be a sore winner?

To each their own I guess. Says something about you as a person though. Lunchbox a constant professional though I will say.

You are aware that Lxthul left their team 3 days before the roster lock? He can handle a little trash talk #betterwithCommonly

• Downvote (-1) 1

Obviously that's not the format used in this tournament but correct me if I'm wrong, MLG used to do continuation series when teams that played each other in pool play met up in the bracket. Doesn't make sense to just have a bunch of games played that are 'meaningless', at least imo. 

Yes it does make sense and all the other esports told MLG how dumb they were for doing it.  The meaningless "games" mean you move on it the bracket.  You don't get something extra for it.  Think if the panthers had played the broncos this year and won 24-17 in the regular season.  Would it make sense to start the Superbowl with a 24-17 score? 

• Upvote (+1) 5

@@Shifter Why the downvotes man? You gonna say something? You can not seriously think this CLG team is worse than before.

I think it's unclear. It's not like CLG went from being trash to being in the finals with the pickup of lethul. They were a top 2 team with ogre 2 as well. 4v4 halo has a lot of factors so it's kinda hard to say if one player is better than the other for a team. Maybe ogre 2's experience could have helped CLG in the finals? I really don't know. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1