CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

And this game and community loves you Dave.

I can't even begin to express how much this community means to me. Through the highs and the lows in, both, Halo and life you have all displayed a consistent passion that cannot be matched.

Kudos to all.

• Upvote (+1) 4

He's a veteran eSport writer/personality.  I want to say that Starcraft was his "main" game IIRC.  He's said some negative things about Halo as an eSport in the past.  Now he's a lead writer for ESPN's eSport section.

His main game was Quake but he got big off Starcraft. He used to be really annoying but since ESPN picked him up hes been different thankfully.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Grats to EG and thanks to them for such great game play.

Gotta say though, when the series is over and especially when you win its kinda scummy to talk trash to the team you just beat. I mean isn't it enough that you won? Why still be a sore winner?

To each their own I guess. Says something about you as a person though. Lunchbox a constant professional though I will say.

Yes, I see the better with 2gre stuff i just have to cringe. CLG got better by picking up TJ. Maybe in H2A CLG would be better with 2gre, but not in H5.

I think EG would have run away with this tournament if TJ was still on EG and 2gre on CLG.  But the Lethul pickup to CLG made them very good, and I think EG is just as good as before if not better with Commonly.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Both teams are amazing but I really thought CLG was unstoppable heading into this Final based on the way they played throughout the event. It was incredibly satisfying to see EG step up their game and pull out the win.

Thank you for being open to competitive Halo. I'm going to be honest, after Halo Reach I was down on Halo. After Halo 4, I had given up hope. After MCC, I wanted every single 343i member to lose their job from lead designer to custodian. Now in Halo 5 (there are still flaws and upsetting changes/omissions/additions), I'm reinvigorated and have faith once again. Events like today are HUGE and go such a long way. I really appreciate all the collaboration with the community and pro players that you have all put forth since Halo 5's release and the removal of breakout while it is re-tweaked shows a lot about what that feedback means to 343i and yourself. I think Halo has a bright future going forward, and all that I ask is for more competitive gametypes (try offense/defense bomb style breakout), and stronger communication with the community as far as development behind the scenes. The beta for Halo 5 helped so much. I absolutely hated the gameplay in the beta, but love the end product. Aside from all the positives, please, please, please, work on the following for us here:

-Live non-bugged spectate for matches such as tonight.

-Gametypes (Oddball, Offense/Defense Breakout, KotH, Bomb, etc)

-Maps (can always use more maps for arena)

-Promotion (promote on reddit, promote on twitter, promote content during the week from places such as beyond/reddit/waypoint/etc)

Future is bright at 343i and the Halo community. I appreciate the work put into Halo 5, and I am so excited once again. Thank you and have a great night :)

So have they said where Regionals are at? Knowing where that and the HWC are at would be nice at this point

The moment Lethul trash talked Snipedown in the pregame interview, it was all but over. Too bad Lethul is a Reach kid, if he was around in H3 he would know not to do that.  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Slasher "Rob Breslau". He is senior writer for ESPN eSports now.

I see. It seems my auto blocker blocked him automatically because of a few people he follows.

I said earlier it was probably for good reason that he was blocked and someone else said here that he disses Halo a lot. Do you peeps here like him? Is he worth a follow? I'm open to giving him a chance.

That's what I am saying man. I don't mind TS in a series, but i don't think it should be last game in a series. They should be Games 2, 4, 6, 8 and 10 only. Also, in a Bo5 only 1 TS, in a Bo7 only 2 TS and in a Bo9 or 11 only 3 TS. We have enough gametypes now that we can do this.

You could argue that with some game types on maps the spawns are one sided as well. Regret is symmetrical like Truth and there is not spawn advantage. therefore a good map to be a slayer in. But being a game 7, IDK about that

So have they said where Regionals are at? Knowing where that and the HWC are at would be nice at this point

Regionals are in Columbus. That was announced months ago. 

i will say this, commonly has been a great fit for EG and pretty much carried at times throughout this weekend. breakout player of the event.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So is it just me or is everyone waiting around to see if we get featured on ESPN again?

we did, they showed highlights of the finals at 9:50 on espn1

You could argue that with some game types on maps the spawns are one sided as well. Regret is symmetrical like Truth and there is not spawn advantage. therefore a good map to be a slayer in. But being a game 7, IDK about that

I honestly think Symmetrical maps are the worst for Slayer. Its much harder to have a setup on a map like that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just a couple of thoughts here:

1. Regret Slayer sucks but I don't give a shit in this instance. Lethul losing on Regret has way too much symmetry for me to care. That's a beautiful thing. Especially because:

2. Lethul left EG for CLG...... based on online results. We hadn't had a LAN in six months and I think some people forgot the simple fact that LAN is a whole new ballgame. Lethul left EG for CLG because he thought they were gonna be dominant. Even if they won game 7, that's still not dominance.

To the forum: Leggo boys! This is just LAN numero uno. We still got a ways to go. :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 3