CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Spartan and Arkanum mesh well together, they're both militant in that they arent letting anything effect the way they work together. I see them save eachothers asses so much and its clicking really well. Im impressed.

Now imagine when Ryan's got Sprint and Thruster to be a thorn in everyone's backside and Shooter is just being a mostly consistent, sometimes tilty run-and-gunner on top of it to make sure there's almost no pressure on Sparkanum ;)

• Upvote (+1) 1

I love your drive and support, I'm happy rock my WFX t-shirt to help such an awesome org.

Stuff like this is honestly why we do it man. If players are happy and fans are happy, then we're happy. I'm honored you'd buy a WFX shirt, and in order to take more of your hard-earned money, we are working on some Smash- and Halo-themed shirts atm too!

Jaded is a permanent state for Halo fans who have been around for a while  ;)  And, I may be mistaken, but I thought Kelby said he at least put in a good word for Halo to you Winterfox lot when other teams were looking for an org.

I really don't think the CURRENT structure of HCS is one that will really draw the attention of big orgs like TSM, Fnatic, or Dignitas though, because the top teams are already signed, and attempting to buy lower teams isn't worth it given the lack of opportunities for exposure / low viewership / low content output by pros outside of streaming (again, to low viewership).

A more consistent league would at least offer more exposure, but with spaced out tournaments and half-assed online tournaments with no central nexus of viewership (broadcast has been almost entirely done across player streams, and some players don't even stream to avoid any sort of potential DDoS risk, even if they are protected in some way, shape, or form.)

Actually, we entered the space because Suddoth 1 and Suddoth 2 reached out to us first. They presented the scene in a great light and piqued my interest. I reached out to Kelby for help with connections within the scene, but I swear to you he didn't try to force another Halo team on a GG-affiliated team :) I will probably be saying this until the day I die, but EG doesn't own WFX... taking out EG is one of my biggest goals ^_^

Again, I've been reaching out to a lot of orgs to try to get them hyped for Halo 5. I think we'll see some new teams enter the space, who knows what could happen mid-season with whatever teams, you know? Maybe I'm just overly optimistic or think that my word has more value than it does amongst team owners :P

If the LoL team needs an analyst who can help with vision control (why must NA make me cry with the vast underwarding), item building (why must non-Remilia NA and non-Mithy EU supports make me cry with no Captain's enchants or proper Banner of Command valuation), and communication, I know a Diamond league LoL player / former top 500 beta player with FPS coaching experience who's been really hoping for a good chance in the LoL scene to prove his worth.   :kappa:

If that's true, then I know a guy with a Team Beyond inbox who would gladly give out his email address privately and review an application for such a gem :^)

• Upvote (+1) 8

Completely unrelated note, but the smileys on tb.net are just awful, sorry dudes :(

I would be lying if I said I know when to use any of these emotes  :saucey:  :ghost:  :holmes:  :wutface:  :bravo:  :bman:  :walshy:  :lxthul:

don't wanna look like an idiot using the wrong one, so I stick with the crappy smileys  :cry:

If that's true, then I know a guy with a Team Beyond inbox who would gladly give out his email address privately and review an application for such a gem :^)

Sent  :wutface:

Spartan and Arkanum mesh well together, they're both militant in that they arent letting anything effect the way they work together. I see them save eachothers asses so much and its clicking really well. Im impressed.

I thought Arkanum didn't want to team with Spartan at the beginning of season 2 back when him and Ninja were trying out for Noble Black, which lead to one of the most poorly constructed rosters I've ever seen. Pretty crazy how things change. 

Completely unrelated note, but the smileys on tb.net are just awful, sorry dudes :(

:kappa:

I thought Arkanum didn't want to team with Spartan at the beginning of season 2 back when him and Ninja were trying out for Noble Black, which lead to one of the most poorly constructed rosters I've ever seen. Pretty crazy how things change. 

I thought it was more a case of Aries wanting Prototype... who came with Str8 Sick. That team sucked so they picked up Ninja. Still sucked, lol. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I thought it was more a case of Aries wanting Prototype... who came with Str8 Sick. That team sucked so they picked up Ninja. Still sucked, lol. 

Oh that could have been what happened. Looking back that was a really weird move. You have two To2's trying out for Noble Black, and they take one guy from each and ended up with terrible chemistry. I like to pretend that team never happened. It makes you think about all the dominoes that got knocked down since Maniac left for Optic.

Team changes are slow to happen this off season, or at least it seems like it. The new Liquid roster looks DANGEROUS.

Liquid Caleb (VP of Sales for Team Liquid) via Reddit:

The guys will be playing [Halo] 2+3 on their own time but we will be doing some cool h5 stuff before release!

Could be reaching but might mean Liquid already has some info about an Invitational or Launch tournament, or maybe Halo 5 merch coming from Liquid. Who knows

Feel free to create a ticket in our official complaint department pictured below  :kappa:

ky35br0.gif

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Feel free to create a ticket in our official complaint department pictured below  :kappa:

ky35br0.gif

That's my favorite hiding spot on Dust 2  :ghost:

Also, I didn't mean your custom ones. I meant the (presumably template-based) normal faces: :):( :P etc

• Upvote (+1) 1

Snipedown would've clutched it had he been given the time. He was playing lights out. So intense, loved every second. Definitely worth the 2 hour wait, lol.

Waiting for someone to see it  :intel:

Found it funny how they posted and talked about a week old tweet from Elamite regarding TL stuff like he tweeted it yesterday.  :lxthul:

Ace is team captain btw, found that interesting.

Why? Seems like whoever an org contacted first to make a (new) team becomes the captain, also, he does have more experience than his fellow teammates(but we all know Elamite will be the true captain).

Can't say I'm excited by this TL squad as it seems like a downgrade for Mikwen & Chig(note: the problem with Ninja isn't his skill, it's his playstyle that he doesn't want to improve upon, I wonder if Chigwenace had to confront him about it when forming this squad).

Snipedown would've clutched it had he been given the time. He was playing lights out. So intense, loved every second. Definitely worth the 2 hour wait, lol.

This tourney's final > All H2A finals. So intense 

• Upvote (+1) 1

This tourney's final > All H2A finals. So intense 

Because EG is so OP in H2A but that CLG/NobleBlack series at S1 Finals was pretty epic....probably one of the most nail biting series I've seen since 2009 

I think this is a really jaded way of looking at things!

I had typed a bit more, but yeah, let's just see how things play out. I don't think the entirety of Halo's future hinges on Mr. Blevins' popularity (with all due respect to him, of course) or Mr. May's devotion. WFX certainly didn't enter the scene for either of these reasons. 343 is putting in a lot of work to make Halo 5 a viable esport, and I can't wait to see how it plays out, and I think that other orgs will come in once it starts coming to fruition.

You have no idea how much I (and hopefully others) appreciate that you are on here being so active. You provide an interesting outlook at a different side of the scene, and the fact that you are transparent as you are (up until a point, because obviously you can't tell us everything that goes on) is great. Thank you so much for that! 

• Upvote (+1) 5