CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Do you know how expensive snowboarding is?  In comparison to skateboarding?  I can't just go to the mountain right across the street from my house, but i can skate the FREE park down the street, or the curb in front of my house.  I got hand me down boards when I was a grom, then when i was old enough to get a job my shoes didn't look like absolute holey shit 100% of the time.  Snowboards + boots + gear = expensive.  Then passes to the place you need to go to do it = expensive.  

giphy.gif

You don't need to be rich. I make good money but I'm not rich and easily afford to snowboard 10-15 times a year. Cheaper than skateboarding forsure, but it doesn't mean you have to be rich.

edit: This is completely off topic if you wanna reply slide into my PMs

• Upvote (+1) 2

Do you know how expensive snowboarding is?  In comparison to skateboarding?  I can't just go to the mountain right across the street from my house, but i can skate the FREE park down the street, or the curb in front of my house.  I got hand me down boards when I was a grom, then when i was old enough to get a job my shoes didn't look like absolute holey shit 100% of the time.  Snowboards + boots + gear = expensive.  Then passes to the place you need to go to do it = expensive.  

"when I was a grom"

lol.... these comments are gold.

On topic... when does the stream start today?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Has to be H5, their free dlc ends on June, so I could see a possible dlc update for the Fall? Either way, doubt they switch to Halo Wars 2.

I think it would be dope to incorporate some of the older titles into the HWC.  If they do more live events that is.  Have like h1 2v2, h2 4v4/ffa, h3 4v4.  something smaller that people would still want to watch/participate in.  

Can someone tell me how a "pro league" works? Don't follow COD or other e-sports. Can people break into it, or is HWC the only way?

Sorry for my lack of understanding, but what exactly is a "pro league" and how does it benefit the scene?

Extremely structured schedule for an eSports.

X amount of teams qualify for the league (whether it be online, Top 8 at a Qualifier LAN, placing well at Worlds, etc.) and are put on a schedule to compete. Teams play weekly matches (usually 1-2 a week) against other teams, which are streamed/casted. At the end of the season, X amount of teams within the league will compete at a Finals event.

The two best examples to understand are the LCS (LoL) and CWL (COD). LCS has 10 Teams, Top 6 at the end of the Season compete in the finals. Middle 2 stay in the League, and Bottom two are sent to relegation to possibly be replaced by Challenger teams.

CWL has two Divisions, the Pro League (similar to LCS), and the Challenger Division (Open LAN Events that contribute to qualifying for Worlds). I imagine Halo will follow a similar structure as CoD.

The reason its great is because

1. There is structure; its great for spectators to follow weekly matches and see how their favorite team slowly progresses over the course of a season
  2. There is constant action for the game, instead of having to wait months between LANs like we have for HCS/HWC. Every single match is 'important' because it is deciding who the Top teams are for the finals.

to answer your question no body knows the exact format yet

• Upvote (+1) 1

"when I was a grom"

lol.... these comments are gold.

On topic... when does the stream start today?

Grom = young surfer/skater

I think it would be dope to incorporate some of the older titles into the HWC.  If they do more live events that is.  Have like h1 2v2, h2 4v4/ffa, h3 4v4.  something smaller that people would still want to watch/participate in.  

As much as a lot of us would like to see this, I doubt it would happen. Microsoft and 343 have poured a lot of money and resources into Halo 5 to make it a competitive eSport. They wouldn't just do a one and done type deal like H2A (which wasn't that great anyway due to issues). Halo 5 has a 3 year life, so I expect to see it being played in eSports up until the launch of Halo 6 (Or H3A  :kappa: )

• Upvote (+1) 1

to answer your question no body knows the exact format yet

Thanks. Does this prevent roster changes somewhat in COD or LOL? Seems like rosters would have to be more stable.

Damn thats awesome. When they come back on monday quiz them on halo.

Hahaha, not a bad idea.

Seeing as I teach video production, I could maybe tie them together by throwing in some questions about the broadcast...  :kappa:

off topic: we have eerily similar handwriting.

@@Infinity Great minds write alike.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is there a graphic for yesterday's results similar to this one (http://i.imgur.com/jsQB1L4.png) for Thursday? Getting ready to sticky the Final Day discussion thread on r/Halo and want to include those results in a compact way.

• Upvote (+1) 2

As much as a lot of us would like to see this, I doubt it would happen. Microsoft and 343 have poured a lot of money and resources into Halo 5 to make it a competitive eSport. They wouldn't just do a one and done type deal like H2A (which wasn't that great anyway due to issues). Halo 5 has a 3 year life, so I expect to see it being played in eSports up until the launch of Halo 6 (Or H3A  :kappa: )

Yea i totally understand that.  I just look at things like EVO and see them playing SF 3rd strike tournaments still and think "damn we could still do that".  I know they put a lot of money into H5 and the HWC to make it successful, I just think it could be a small little extra they can do in the future to bring more people.  I'd def enjoying going to a live event close to me and playing in an H2 FFA on the friday/saturday and chill watching the sunday finals.

Is his behavior the result of too much laser focus abuse or something else? It certainly isn't normal.

When you haven't won't a LAN event in 10 years, you grind your ass off with 3 somewhat unknown players and now, you're the best team. He's very close to win his first event, I would be hyped as fuck
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Thanks. Does this prevent roster changes somewhat in COD or LOL? Seems like rosters would have to be more stable.

i'm not certain but i know in CSGO the rosters for the pro leagues are pretty stable 

Is his behavior the result of too much laser focus abuse or something else? It certainly isn't normal.

I feel like we've seen this naded plenty of times before. When he's hyped and confident, the dude is always screaming

When you haven't won't a LAN event in 10 years, you grind your ass off with 3 somewhat unknown players and now, you're the best team. He's very close to win his first event, I would be hyped as fuck

He's had these ticks forever.  You're talking about the same guy who "jokingly" (according to him) pulled a knife on some kid because he took his sleeping spot at a LAN.  Gandhi retold another story wherein during their short H3 tenure together their team paid money to travel and LAN/practice before an event and Naded out of nowhere decided he didn't feel like playing Halo, instead opting to play WoW.

I'm not going to speculate, but he's got "something".  Consider the drastic polar shifts in his mood from manic to depressed.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I don't like promoting things but I've been doing this small show called "in The Booth" where I talk to the community about all topics but right now the focus is on X Games. You can find the audio on iTunes as well as Soundcloud and the VOD on my Twitch channel. Enjoy and let me know what you think. :D

https://soundcloud.com/intheboothshow/s2e2-who-will-win-x-games-and-our-hearts

http://www.twitch.tv/goldenboyftw/v/38565467

Gonna quote this to give it more attention.

(Also because I'm in it  :simms: )

• Upvote (+1) 5

Ahhhh Day 3.........Naded's worst enemy. I pray that he can stay focused throughout the whole series vs EG, especially if they lose something like 2 or 3 in a row. Naded, we all believe in you.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So I want Renegades to win...I also want Allegiance to win...but I also want to see CLG and EG in the finals and EG win...

It is hard to be a Halo fan....

• Upvote (+1) 5