CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

"After the Halo World Championship concludes, we have some exciting plans with our partners to kick off a very organized Halo 'pro league' for sustained seasonal competitions. Of course, all of that will take us to the doorstep of next year's Halo World Championship."

This is good news.

wow

pro league is gonna bring halo back in a big way, this is huge

• Upvote (+1) 3

Predictions on tomorrow?

IMO, this is CLG's tourney to lose. Royal 2 is destroying. I'm an Allegiance fan but it's impossible to deny that CLG is the favorite.

Came across this conversation between a broadcaster for Blizzard & another critiquing the hud.  :apg:

• Upvote (+1) 2

The Halo 5 HUD still shakes doesn't it?

That's annoying for streaming.

• Upvote (+1) 1

CLG 4 - 1 RNG

ALG 3 - 4 EG

RNG 3 - 4 ALG (Bronze)

(Gold) CLG 4 - 2 EG (Silver)

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I teach high school. I made sure to put this on my board today.

FvuF5OM.jpg

ALSO, did anyone record Halo's spot on ESPN?

off topic: we have eerily similar handwriting

Pretty sure they are talking about safe area which is a television broadcast thing. Has to do with overscan and action safe area. See HERE if you don't know. Basically from what I gather they are saying the H5 HUD does not have enough buffer area from the four sides to correctly fit on screen (potentially resulting it information being cut off screen). I didn't watch it on TV at all so have no idea if that is true. Or I could be completely wrong and they are talking about something else.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I have a strange feeling that RNG is going to bring crazy hype and take down CLG tomorrow. I know it's unlikely, but I just gots dis feeling.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Pretty sure they are talking about safe area which is a television broadcast thing. Has to do with overscan and action safe area. See HERE if you don't know. Basically from what I gather they are saying the H5 HUD does not have enough buffer area from the four sides to correctly fit on screen (potentially resulting it information being cut off screen). I didn't watch it on TV at all so have no idea if that is true. Or I could be completely wrong and they are talking about something else.

Yeah that actually makes more sense, a fair criticism on their part as they're definitely knowledgeable on this subject. 

problem is its hard to make it broadcast safe without it then looking a bit off on a monitor 

a shoutcaster (working spectator mode) would solve this cause you could have custom spectator huds

there's literally no work around for this, however we probably wont be on tv a whole lot...  maybe by h6

• Upvote (+1) 2

Am I the only one wishing breakout gets put back in so that eg has a chance @ taking a game from clg in the future?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 9

problem is its hard to make it broadcast safe without it then looking a bit off on a monitor 

It's actually not. They could just increase the FOV a little, and push the HUD towards the inside a bit (scaling it down), leaving more empty space on the edges of the screen. It takes a ridiculously small amount of time; most first person PC games have options for that.

The current constraints only come from 343's vision of "what it feels to be a supersoldier" and the immersion aspect of it (see the visor outlines, the HUD bobble, etc.) Most of those things would 100% have toggles in any other context or game. Just like we should have customizable controller layouts, more control over our aiming customization, etc. (aim accel and deadzones were a step forward, but these things should be a standard)

But overall, I think what the two guys were talking about is just the way they have the broadcast layout set up. A lot of information is on the edges of the screen, and it's been fine since up until now, because it's always been assumed that it would be streamed to a computer with a proper/perfect resolution setup, or where the broadcast just uses a small part of the screen and is entirely visible. It's not the same for TVs where sometimes the edges get cut off, so the information overlays (score, team names, etc.) should be a bit toward the inside to compensate for screens that might not be able to show the very edges of the broadcast.

If you look at sports broadcasts, the score bar and whatnot tend not to be touching the edge of the screen, and it's safe to assume it's for that particular reason.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Does anyone have a bracket or pool play results link? I just got home from work.

I have a strange feeling that RNG is going to bring crazy hype and take down CLG tomorrow. I know it's unlikely, but I just gots dis feeling.

That would be insane. I have to admit, I still want to see EG vs. CLG finals though

I'd assume this is why if you watch OGN they have that little black border around their broadcast? Cuz I remember i'd see the border some places, but if I watched Twitch on my big old Plasma TV without over/underscan options it would fit perfectly on the TV.

I missed most of RNG vs AE, so I'm not really that informed, but I think RNG is having a ton of communication break downs. It just seems a lot of dumb pushes or complete unawareness in critical situations is what's killing them. Hopefully they get their shit together because they looked like a 8-16 team today.

The "title safe" issue is another small reason why a broadcaster mode would be a good addition.

Is there a bracket/pool results? I haven't been able to watch any series and I'd like to take a look at how everyone went.

How does Ogre 2 have more than 10 assists almost every single game? It's amazing

Doesn't finish off his damn kills thats why  :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 1