CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Does there have to be a "nerf" or "rebalance" on every page? Until I hear the majority of pros complaining, I consider the sandbox pretty damn good.

Pros also thought bloom made the game better. And that Halo 4 had the best mechanics out of any Halo game. And that Halo 2 was more competitive than CE. Pros aren't an authority on competitive mechanics. They're just people that re good at the game.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Does there have to be a "nerf" or "rebalance" on every page? Until I hear the majority of pros complaining, I consider the sandbox pretty damn good.

The pros aren't going to say shit this close to the finals. They don't want to lose powerful shit (Storm Rifle, SMG, Sniper, radar) and risk losing because of it.

also, please don't form an opinion based on what the "majority of pros" say. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Seriously man I sometimes feel that if this board decided the settings for halo we would have double elim bo5, all on truth, all cap the flag, br pistol starts. The sandbox is fine its ok to be annoyed with certain things but that doesnt mean they need to be re-balanced. 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Had top mid with flag and jumped down to camo door to help his teammate kill a guy, got splinter naded, died. He arguably could have capped it had he just focused on getting to RNG's flag. 

Spartan made a ton of clutch plays that game, though. Shouldn't focus entirely on that one rough decision.

True, but that one arguably cost them the game.

The challenge itself wasn't awful, it was the fact he brought the flag with him.

If Cratos didn't randomly have splinter nades because he happened to walk by them it would have been gameover. Looking at it now, it was a stupid play, but if Cratos didn't have those nades, spartan would have finished that assist and would have been in a better position to run the flag with one less enemy there.

Do you think his teammate was like "oh he's 2 shots, now he's 1 shot, run the flag"!. No, he dropped down to help finish an enemy that could have potentially challenged him if he stayed alive.

zzzzzzz Even if Allegiance wins Gold nobody on this forum will give them credit. Whatever

What? I called them Navy SEALS multiple times.

Pros also thought bloom made the game better. And that Halo 4 had the best mechanics out of any Halo game. And that Halo 2 was more competitive than CE. Pros aren't an authority on competitive mechanics. They're just people that re good at the game.

Pros are the ones playing for money and we're the ones watching. If anything they would be first to complain. Halo 5 is super competitive and the sandbox is among the best. Yes, it's different from the previous games but that doesn't mean 343 has to homogenize everything.

The pros aren't going to say shit this close to the finals. They don't want to lose powerful shit (Storm Rifle, SMG, Sniper, radar) and risk losing because of it.

It's also opinion on over a decade of playing Halo and hundreds of hours in Halo 5.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Splinter nades and spartan charge are imo the most unbalanced things in the game. Autos and fine and radar could be tweaked but spartan charge and splinter nades are just about impossible to counter and so dumb

• Upvote (+1) 1

Splinters arent the be all end all that people make them out to be. Ninja had two of them at the end of that truth slayer game and even got one of the allegiance guys dead on with it and still managed to choke the kill.

Seriously man I sometimes feel that if this board decided the settings for halo we would have double elim bo5, all on truth, all cap the flag, br pistol starts. The sandbox is fine its ok to be annoyed with certain things but that doesnt mean they need to be re-balanced.

Such a garbage post man, how new are you? Most of us want pistol only starts with a faster kill time and less auto aim/magnetism. Some people want BR starts because it will make it so no one spawns at a disadvantage. Some view that as a more plausible possibility than 343 buffing the pistol and nerfing all other precision rifles, so they argue for that.

Feel free to look at the poll conducted here. Majority want pistol/ar starts, so what you said really makes no sense and isn't true.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ah, i thought it sounded like B.  He was saying things like that in the OQ.

Thats what i thought at first as well but im pretty sure their coach was inside their call during the OQ. Confused me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What? I called them Navy SEALS multiple times.

Pros are the ones playing for money and we're the ones watching. If anything they would be first to complain. Halo 5 is super competitive and the sandbox is among the best. Yes, it's different from the previous games but that doesn't mean 343 has to homogenize everything.

This game has the least balanced competitive sandbox to date. Halo 5 is not "super competitive". Is it competitive? Absolutely. But past titles have been a lot more skill dependent than "radar, powerful autos and NO UTILITY WEAPON". The bold is very important. But enough about game balance.

Things still need nerfs btw. Ask any of the competitive players here like Batch and Vetoed. They play at the top level too.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 4

But you are an authority? k

• Upvote (+1) 4

I could have sworn this game came out in October... seems like ample time to develop an opinion and apply pressure to make changes. 

It seems like some of us (not naming names, but every post includes some sort of dig about weapon balance or how 343i sucks) will only be happy if they reduce the effectiveness of everything so much that everyone is only using precisions. The pistol is probably used for a majority kills as is. Do we really want autos virtually out of the game? I use the pistol more than anything and am actually pretty good with it, but would be super annoyed if autos were nerfed.

It's a tired act to constantly see those kinds of posts in THIS thread.  There are other threads for it.

(nerfing splinters a bit actually does seem like a good idea, but it's not as if RNG wasn't aware of splinters and didn't have the exact same opportunity to use them as Allegiance)

• Upvote (+1) 3

Watched this Benson guy a bit today. I gotta say, he's doing a great job. It's not even 100% obvious he doesn't know much about Halo. He's doing a fantastic job and I think it's because he realizes that he doesn't know a lot, so he sets up the conversation for the other caster. Idk about you guys but I don't mind him casting at all, unlike Goldenboy's first tournaments in Halo 4. Goldenboy is fine now, but I really didn't like his casting at first. I really do think it's tough to cast, even when you know what's going on.

• Upvote (+1) 8

This game has the least balanced competitive sandbox to date. Halo 5 is not "super competitive". Is it competitive? Absolutely. But past titles have been a lot more skill dependent than "radar, powerful autos and NO UTILITY WEAPON". The bold is very important. But enough about game balance.

Things still need nerfs btw. Ask any of the competitive players here like Batch and Vetoed. They play at the top level too.

We should discuss this over PM and not derail this thread.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Good series between Allegiance and Renegades.

For real though, Victory X never gets credit. Spartan got credit for returning the flag at the end, but that only happened because Victory X got a double kill, and took the shield off of the third guy so Spartan could melee him and return the flag.

It looks like a little bit of Ninja rubbed off on Spartan. That was a very nervy play at the end. It happens though.

Renegades shouldn't be too down. Allegiance is the best team, and they played them really well.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Such a garbage post man, how new are you? Most of us want pistol only starts with a faster kill time and less auto aim/magnetism. Some people want BR starts because it will make it so no one spawns at a disadvantage. Some view that as a more plausible possibility that 343 buffing the pistol and nerfing all other precision rifles, so they argue for that.

Youre going to call me out on being new around here? First of all chill. Every time someone gets a kill with AR, SR, splinters or anything that isnt a pistol, br, or power weapon people start screaming nerf. I mean some of you are still arguing about getting rid of sprint.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't think you know what balance means...