CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I know Victory x can play good (but was the weak point in that epsilon match) but Ace played out of his mind. Drop Victory and pick up Ace?

I know there is roster lock and everything but that would be sick. one can dream

Cam is an amazing player - it would be a downgrade :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 4

3 of Renegades losses would be against Allegiance in that scenario though.

The games which matter are the ones between the tied teams.

RNG went 4-3

Liquid went 3-3

Epsilon went 3-4

I understand that is the tiebreaker MLG is using. Another common tiebreaker to use is compare record against top team in group in which case liquid would advance. My overall point is that all the ways of breaking the 3 way ties are really bad and actually playing tiebreaker games is MUCH better. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

that Anima 180 no scope had me like

giphy.gif

And then he goes for the no scope three times from like 5 feet way instead of pulling out his secondary and gets shit on. #FlashyPlays

• Upvote (+1) 1

And then he goes for the no scope three times from like 5 feet way instead of pulling out his secondary and gets shit on. #FlashyPlays

I mean it was a better play than trying to pistol. It was a 2v1 that he had no chance of winning and it helped burn some ammo.

The Halo 5 sniper....

Yeah, it's fine. In fact most weapons are fine and if Halo 5 was so easy there wouldn't be such intense competition. C'mon man, we're trying to enjoy the tournament. I believe weapon balance has its own thread.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Can someone explain to me how seeding works? Benson tweeted and said (if i remember correctly, he deleted his tweets) if 2 teams have tied records, they go off games won for a tiebreaker.

that being said, if RNG beats ALG, they would have the same record. Here are the records

https://twitter.com/HCSLiveTweets/status/693235280065740800

So, if the tie breaker goes off games won, if ALG forces a game 5, and RNG still wins, they would have the same record but ALG would have more games won

If ALG forces a game 4 and RNG still wins, they would have a tie record and a tie in games won

and of coarse, if RNG wins 3-0 they would have the better record and the better games won. if ALG wins the series in any way, they would have the better record and more games won. 

Yeah, it's fine. In fact most weapons are fine and if Halo 5 was so easy there wouldn't be such intense competition. C'mon man, we're trying to enjoy the tournament. I believe weapon balance has its own thread.

Okay everyone and their grandmother knows the sniper has way too much magnetism.

Can someone explain to me how seeding works? Benson tweeted and said (if i remember correctly, he deleted his tweets) if 2 teams have tied records, they go off games won for a tiebreaker.

that being said, if RNG beats ALG, they would have the same record. Here are the records

So, if the tie breaker goes off games won, if ALG forces a game 5, and RNG still wins, they would have the same record but ALG would have more games won

If ALG forces a game 4 and RNG still wins, they would have a tie record and a tie in games won

and of coarse, if RNG wins 3-0 they would have the better record and the better games won. if ALG wins the series in any way, they would have the better record and more games won. 

They go off game winning % between the teams that are tied. In the 3-way tie scenario, you have to subtract out all of the games won/lost to ALG - they're irrelevant, ALG would have already clinched 1st. Only the games between the tied teams count, so RNG wins on that count.

In the other scenario where RNG beats ALG, then they will both have the same match record: 2-1

Since they're tied in matches, you go to head-to-head game winning percentage. In this scenario, RNG has beaten ALG, so RNG takes 1st and advances. ALG still has a better match record than the other two teams so they advance at 2nd, without even having to look at games.

I know Victory x can play good (but was the weak point in that epsilon match) but Ace played out of his mind. Drop Victory and pick up Ace?

I know there is roster lock and everything but that would be sick. one can dream

94408-Ice-Cube-HUH-wtf-WHAT-THE-FUCK-4pA

• Upvote (+1) 7

Lol, every time they showed his POV he was crushing it. I was just throwing a thought I had out there.. I'll put it back...