CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

People like Vlogs of pros doing regular day things/getting to know the pros on a personal level 100x more than regular gameplay. I also feel like pros expect results immediately, and when they don't get them, they get frustrated and give up. It's called a grind for a reason, it's not as easy as everyone thinks.

• Upvote (+1) 8

It's hilarious that Hecz has put out MORE and BETTER content than most halo pros. Nadeds Vlog about his grind was a hit because it was real as fuck, its not all about the gameplays. People love snipedown cause he was the very best of the best for a long time, and they grew to love him as a player, rather than the team hes playing for. You can make a killing from youtube, give it a shot. It can only make the game better.

Secondly, Hector is very likeable. Not all Pros are charasmatic.

XiT Woundz 2006 beat Carbon/Final Boss almost every scrim online back in the day. Bonfire had a famous gameplay where  he dropped like 30+ kills in a TS on FB with 20 snipe headshots. ItWasLuck had 6 montages of him beating up on the worlds best. 

They were top pros dont get me wrong but come championships they were always top 6/8 players. 

I always knew Zyos was the smartest player in the game.  :ghost:

except on elongation

• Upvote (+1) 1

We give the Optic Halo team shit for their vlogs, but in reality that type of content is so easy to digest for any viewer especially compared to highly technical gameplay analysis videos. A pro who can do a healthy amount of both weekly vlogs and some occasional gameplay analysis/awesome clips will be successful if they keep at it in my opinion. I'd love to hear more about what teams/players have been working on each week etc.

• Upvote (+1) 5

People like Vlogs of pros doing regular day things/getting to know the pros on a personal level 100x more than regular gameplay. I also feel like pros expect results immediately, and when they don't get them, they get frustrated and give up. It's called a grind for a reason, it's not as easy as everyone thinks.

idk, i check out vlogs from time to time.  but i'd take gameplay over a vlog any day.  

That's a really great point and one of the biggest things we've struggled with, on a personal level, at WFX. We put a lot of time and care into our videos, but they don't tend to gain a lot of traction.

I think there are some basic things that we don't do (that we are starting to), like reminding people to subscribe and like videos. But what, from a fan's perspective, can we do to get more eyes on our work? It's obviously not the quality of the work, but the reach. How would you suggest we get more people to watch stuff to begin with?

I think one of the best things you can do is post the videos and youtube channels everywhere. Post it on the forums, on twitter, on facebook, and even on streams. Another thing is to make sure that the people know who/what they are watching. RyaNoob has a bunch of videos but unless i know that his youtube name is areallygoodnoob, I'm probably not going to find him unless i go through a posted link to his page. Get their known names on the channels and a profile picture so when people search for them they can easily find their channel. And the last thing that I think OpTic does an amazing job at is click bait. Have interesting titles and thumbnails to attract people to the video. It doesn't have to be crazy stuff like "leaving the team" but it should be something to grab people attention rather than just "good slayer game."

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's gonna take the right person/player to help the halo scene excel when it comes to youtube/streaming content. Once that person is successful then the others will follow. I think it all comes down to commitment. I dont think any of the top players have enough commitment to carry the rest of the community on their backs to reach the amount of success as the CoD scene.

It's hilarious that Hecz has put out MORE and BETTER content than most halo pros. 

Dude, its his job.  To push out content, make connections.  Get the fans for optic.  Promote the players.  OF COURSE HE WILL HAVE MORE GOODER content than your average or even established Halo pro.  That's like saying a MLB pitcher has a better throwing arm than a soccer player.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm not an expert, but it seems to me that the key is personality ... in the SC2 streaming / Youtube world, Steven Bonnell cursing on stream and doing crazy shit was always more entertaining than watching personality-free Korean pros grinding the ladder.  

During Halo: Reach, Ninja would have 1500 viewers playing 1v1s or doing funny voices, while a full scrim of Infamous + Instinct would have like 400 viewers total ... watching high-quality gameplay is not what the average viewer (especially someone who isn't already into Halo) wants to see, because there's a billion VoDs out there. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't think the "gooder" was serious guys. Pretty sure it was a joke.

EDIT: he beat me to it

Someone that thinks^

Interesting

This video should be mandatory to watch before a pro is allowed to sign with an Org.

<3 Hecz

• Upvote (+1) 7

Because he won't be at X Games. He should be there, but stuff ensued.

holy shit i just realized nv isnt going to be there.... what a kick in the dick that is........ lol

holy shit i just realized nv isnt going to be there.... what a kick in the dick that is........ lol

Dream Team is going so a EU team can win a match  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 8

how is 2gre not even on the pole for the all star match?

hes not going to x games...