CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Have the pools for the EMEA Regionals been posted yet?

Not yet, current ETA is sometime Monday :)
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I don't know if anyone noticed this, but during The Livestream for Infinity's Armory, one of the game designers mentioned that you'd be able to throw the ball in all game types that it is featured in. He did however mention that it can be toggled in custom games.

So I'm guessing that the general consensus from the competitive community to a throwable Oddball is a nay...

Correct? Why or why not?

I don't know if anyone noticed this, but during The Livestream for Infinity's Armory, one of the game designers mentioned that you'd be able to throw the ball in all game types that it is featured in. He did however mention that it can be toggled in custom games.

So I'm guessing that the general consensus from the competitive community to a throwable Oddball is a nay...

Correct? Why or why not?

Depends. How far can it be thrown? If it can be thrown like a football then I assume it will be turned off.

Still grieving over slide boosts removal. Did it out of habit so many times yesterday.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Still grieving over slide boosts removal. Did it out of habit so many times yesterday.

Me too dude... I'm still really upset they removed it... and I keep doing it on all the ramps and what not...  :salt:

Depends. How far can it be thrown? If it can be thrown like a football then I assume it will be turned off.

Unknown, but in Halo 4 you could throw it nearly as far as a Grenade.

But what was most problematic was that you automatically picked up the Oddball as soon as you touched it.

So what a lot of people(myself included) would do was throw the oddball at an opponent who's well out of melee range, they automatically pick it up when it touches their spartan so they're defenseless for a second or two..

Kill them.

The trolliest shit ever.

• Upvote (+1) 4

@MLGPuckett He's the Jim Ross of halo why in the F wouldn't he be commentating too :( oh how I've missed the best halo commentator of all time...

• Downvote (-1) 3

It's nice that 343i wants to expand the Halo scene to Europe but how about you activate the dedicated servers here also? European players shouldn't have to play an FPS with 200ms ping, especially when there is money on the line for the pros. It's unacceptable. The servers are physically here so what's the problem? 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Following the rules is competitive integrity lol. Emotions have no business when money is up for grabs.

Some of your arguments are just next-level dumb. Do you understand that it was within the rules for AE to grant a replay? Do you understand that emotion and ethics are very different things? Do you understand that you can be pretty apathetic towards the emotional reactions of those you affect and still do the righteous thing? Plus rep if yes. Neg rep if no.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Do we know specifically when the Halo portion of X-Games will start on each day, or is that information still pending?

Do we know specifically when the Halo portion of X-Games will start on each day, or is that information still pending?

5pm eastern is the first match with the stream probably starting a while before that tourny is Thursday-Sunday
  • Upvote (+1) 4

It seems you have trouble comprehending that skill is a multidimensional thing - not just aiming a weapon. Making good decisions is part of skill too and understanding all of the weapons. Difference between pros and casuals: Pros get good and learn, casuals complain until they get what they want.

I never said you're bad at the game, but autos are not bullshit. You just get mad for getting killed by them (so do I). Get used to it. Halo 5 is one of the most balanced sandboxes Halo has ever seen.

you get mad because it's cheese strats, it's a confirmed kill if you are positioned with the advantage, halo was great because you could turn it around, have some breathing room to maneuvre, the current autos are much like the retro lancer..it's an uphill battle in close proximity

• Downvote (-1) 2

5pm eastern is the first match with the stream probably starting a while before that tourny is Thursday-Sunday

thnx, all outta rep

In those Optic Scrims was it Flame, FIS, Maniac, and Lifestyle running together?

nV will figure it out. Ola will quickly learn the most frustrating ways to stay alive and betting against Ogre 2 is generally not a good idea.

• Upvote (+1) 9

at this point its a little too late to remove breakout i feel... 15 teams are already locked from winning games thanks to breakout. Allegiance barely drops a breakout game and obviously have been practicing it hard since it was included in HWC. Also EG was really good at breakout.

obviously if the 16 teams in it all agree to take it out, i am all aboard (breakout sucks), but i think a lot of teams will to want to keep it in...especially since you can count on CLG to lose almost every single breakout game.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

at this point its a little too late to remove breakout i feel... 15 teams are already locked from winning games thanks to breakout. Allegiance barely drops a breakout game and obviously have been practicing it hard since it was included in HWC. Also EG was really good at breakout.

obviously if the 16 teams in it all agree to take it out, i am all aboard (breakout sucks), but i think a lot of teams will to want to keep it in...especially since you can count on CLG to lose almost every single breakout game.

Totally agree with what your saying.  Some teams have it locked down to always (just about) win their breakout matches and other teams always lose theirs.

But in for the overall experience as a viewer, I'm excited that breakout is removed.  And to know that majority of the pros dread playing breakout, at least their experience will be better.

Win, win in my book.

Name a game that is popular/major in the eSports landscape where the game settings are significantly different than the out-of-the-box settings.

same situation as smash, default settings =/= competitive settings, also doesn't cod disable a lot of the killstreaks and other fluff too? games like counterstrike, lol, dota 2, quake live, most other fighters are out of the box competitive, many fighters go through balancing issues to fix tiers lists, LoL does it with champs, SC2 has done it many times too. gears 3 had a similar issue with contention over the retro lancer and sawn-off shotgun, just because it can be used doesn't mean it's fair game, some things don't deserve to exist in a competitive setting.