CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I'm as happy as the next guy about no more breakout in hwc, but let's not start thanking 343 for it. They didn't listen to us. They got caught in a lie thanks to @@SnakeBite and their hand was forced.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Ultimately, this is a bad break for teams that put a lot of work into Breakout. They lose this advantage going forward.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I'm as happy as the next guy about no more breakout in hwc, but let's not start thanking 343 for it. They didn't listen to us. They got caught in a lie thanks to @@SnakeBite and their hand was forced.

I'd be willing to give them credit. At least they didn't pull a Bungie and bury their head in the sand.

• Upvote (+1) 1

IMO the grenades were probably the worst sin. It was very random. A competition for that much money should have the least amount of randomness as possible. It isn't a lottery. Now that's all moot since they have taken it out but I hope they improve it.

Agreed. Having two frags as an on map pickup (centerfield, as a power weapon) or one Frag or one Splinter at each teams spawn would be a lot cooler.

Would be awesome to see actual roles develop in Breakout. An anchor who grabs BR/DMR, someone who grabs the Grenade(s), and then those that push to setup for power weapons or powerups. The iteration of Breakout that was previously in HCS was simply just rush towards mid and wait for the enemy team to get picked off by a BR.

This was the worst on Altitude. Was awesome to spectate and see someone win a 1v2 or 1v3 because they had Camo and/or height advantage on Gambol.

• Upvote (+1) 1

343 doesn't listen guise...

Took one of em to lie to get it done

Thats sad. They wouldn't have listened had Snakebite not called them out.

• Upvote (+1) 8

holy-sht.gif

Did Saucey seriously just get Breakout removed from HWC?  My opinion of 343 just improved quite a bit

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@Saucey

Possible to get a poll for Bo3 or Bo5 for LCQ?

RT So we can get as many votes as possible if you care at least...  :weback:

Can somebody fill me in on the Snakebite drama involved with Breakout?

343 employee (i believe) came in here and said that they polled halo pros in december and that the majority said they liked breakout. Then the other day Snakebite came in and said that no polling every occurred (with any pros at all). Snakebite then had an actual poll done about breakout and 90% voted to get rid of it. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Josh Holmes tells us majority of pros like Breakout, Snakebite replies to his TB comment saying they were never polled, Saucey is pushed by community to poll a pro group chat, and the results were 4 in favor and 36 against Breakout. Then bam, breakout's gone. So basically, thank @@Saucey and @@SnakeBite

Josh Holmes said that pros were split on keeping breakout or not back in december. Snakebite, our Lord and savior, called him out on the fact that none of the pros were asked about it. So beyond polls the pros on it and only 4 wanted it to stay (joke is it was all allegiance). Next thing we know it's being removed.

Oh and all of a sudden the pros were actually polled on if it should be arena breakout instead of normal and not the removal back in december.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Who told Saucey to make that poll? Was it VinFTW? I remember at first he said no but congrats to you for being persistent about it!

Yeah it was me. Shot down by the sauce and cyren. They had valid reasoning but as with any passionate halo fan they went through with it anyways.

Glad it worked out, so kudos to them for making this possible.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Guys to be 100% real here. 

Josh Holmes did not "lie". It is not fair to label him as a liar.

If he was misinformed by someone on the HCS team about a pro poll, or some feedback session regarding breakout, that is not on him.

He is a cool guy, and one of the few 343 people that actually gives a shit about Halo eSports. So lets not run him out of town with bullshit.

That being said, I am glad feedback was taken seriously. Whether it be from the poll I did, or other sources.

Not trying to run him out, but am quite annoyed by WHOEVER lied about polling. Not necessarily Josh, but somebody had to.

I guess what's done is done. Now lets use this precedent to start pushing for issues we still want to fix. This is the perfect opportunity now that our feedback is actually materializing.

Yeah it was me. Shot down by the sauce and cyren. They had valid reasoning but as with any passionate halo fan they went through with it anyways.

Glad it worked out, so kudos to them for making this possible.

>EG/CLG fan

>single-handedly got rid of AE's biggest advantage

i smell a fix

• Upvote (+1) 4

If he was misinformed by someone on the HCS team about a pro poll, or some feedback session regarding breakout, that is not on him.

He is a cool guy, and one of the few 343 people that actually gives a shit about Halo eSports. So lets not run him out of town with bullshit.

That being said, I am glad feedback was taken seriously. Whether it be from the poll I did, or other sources. 

Agreed, I am right now being helped by him with a problem that happened. Really a great guy that cares about his fans.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think the way most of us see it is that 1 of 2 things occured.

1: He did lie and got caught and is now claiming innocence from being misinformed.

2: He actually was misinformed by someone who lied to him.

At the end of the day we can't prove either or, but we are left with one thing in common. Either way, a 343 employee (Holmes or not) lied about it at some point in time.

So yeah, we shouldn't run him out because it is most likely not his fault. But we should certainly be 100% on the fact that someone lied and take everything with a huge grain of salt (as if we shouldn't have already).

• Upvote (+1) 3

For the record everyone, if you read the Breakout post on Waypoint, the pro's had the choice between Arena Breakout OR Breakout. They chose Breakout (because Arena Breakout is garb rofl)

They did not have the option to remove Breakout at the beginning of the season.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Thanks everybody for the information!

Good on you Vin/Saucey/Snakebite.

Despite your views guys, lets not pitchfork this Josh Holmes guy. Perhaps he was guilty, perhaps he wasn't. Point being...343 listened finally and made a change. This is progress. Major progress. The last thing we want is to push them further from progressing forward because we're busy witch hunting.

• Upvote (+1) 6