CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Are we going back to only CTF and Slayer? Does the Halo community like Strongholds? Would you wanna see Strongholds and Breakout replaced with Oddball and Assault? When do those gametypes come out? KOTH? 

Just asking questions since I don't keep up on every page of the thread. 

CE was much easier to pick up and play. Halo 5 has a lot of mechanics that make it difficult for new players to grasp. You have nostalgia goggles now.

I don't look at the thread for a few hours and the most blasphemous thing I've ever seen posted on these forums occurs. CE is 10000000x more difficult than halo 5, and the skill gap is 25x as big. And those numbers might not be high enough.

• Upvote (+1) 4

If you use paddles, get the Scuf. If you don't use paddles, get the Elite. 

Paddles on the elite are so much better as long as you only use 2 and have them in the high positions on the back of the controller.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I don't look at the thread for a few hours and the most blasphemous thing I've ever seen posted on these forums occurs. CE is 10000000x more difficult than halo 5, and the skill gap is 25x as big. And those numbers might not be high enough.

CE was most certainly easier to pick up and play than Halo 5. But it was also the hardest to master. That was the brilliance of CE. It happened to be the most skillful and accessible game at the same time. Because ya know... that's what good game design is.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Are we going back to only CTF and Slayer? Does the Halo community like Strongholds? Would you wanna see Strongholds and Breakout replaced with Oddball and Assault? When do those gametypes come out? KOTH? 

Just asking questions since I don't keep up on every page of the thread. 

Strongholds needs to stay, it's a fantastic mode, especially to spectate.

I prefer Strongholds to Oddball, KOTH or Assault. Although I would love to see those modes added as well.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Strongholds needs to stay, it's a fantastic mode.

I prefer Strongholds to Oddball, KOTH or Assault. Although I would love to see those modes added as well.

Koth and oddball on the right maps were amazing games to play/watch.  Bomb IMO only worked well on Midship.  

More gametypes would be great.  Keeps things from getting stale.  I dont even mind breakout so much, as long as its not the last game in a series tbh.

guys why does this post have more likes than the tweet itself. Go like the tweet to show you support the idea of no more breakout.

maybe a pro should retweet it (cough @@Spartan @@Ace @@Ninja @snip3down)

I quoted the tweet and tagged some pros, hopefully we can get those "likes" up.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Koth and oddball on the right maps were amazing games to play/watch.  Bomb IMO only worked well on Midship.  

More gametypes would be great.  Keeps things from getting stale.  I dont even mind breakout so much, as long as its not the last game in a series tbh.

I agree we need more modes, we 100% do not need to remove Strongholds though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

How about if they want to keep breakout in the tournament, they invite the 4 teams that got closest to World's but didn't make it and have them play Breakout for 50k on the first day?

Bomb only worked on midship? What a coincidence that we have two midship inspired maps in H5 to play it on  :kappa:

But for real. I miss oddball

I would like to see Bravo and Che do a public vote pre-X-games to the players. Something like this "Raise your hands if you would like to see breakout gone from HCS"? 90% of the players would raise their hands. Simple yet effective.

What i think is really really important is that the Arena playlist is the actual god damn MLG settings lol.  Like wtf is this garbage? Does anyone at 343 think about anything?  There is just obvious dumb shit like that that makes me think they actually dont care at all, the che's tweets the other day basically mocking the community.  And neighbor, dersky, strongside, and bravo all work there and this is still an issue.  cmon now

edit: o i didnt even see you above me, @@LenoxCG whats going on at 343 that there is a serious lack of right decisions, or atleast correction of wrong decisions?  like its ok to make mistake, but part of that is learning from them.  You guys just seem to be sticking out the mistakes and i honestly dont understand it

• Upvote (+1) 4

What i think is really really important is that the Arena playlist is the actual god damn MLG settings lol.  Like wtf is this garbage? Does anyone at 343 think about anything?  There is just obvious dumb shit like that that makes me think they actually dont care at all, the che's tweets the other day basically mocking the community.  And neighbor, dersky, strongside, and bravo all work there and this is still an issue.  cmon now

Name a game that is popular/major in the eSports landscape where the game settings are significantly different than the out-of-the-box settings.

@@LenoxCG i should also state that Halo 5 is an amazing game, the competitive is amazing, and i enjoy it even with these flaws.  343 almost killed Halo with Halo 4 and then they redeemed themselves a great deal with Halo 5, but why would you let all these things hold the game you worked hard on back.  Like you guys want this game to grow and wanted to revive halo, so why have anything hold it back

• Upvote (+1) 2

--snip--

Any update on the rosters for X-Games? Curious to see what the decision for that is. 

Name a game that is popular/major in the eSports landscape where the game settings are significantly different than the out-of-the-box settings.

Halo 3?

Seeing as Halo is a console FPS you can only accurately compare it to the competition. And Call of Duty is very different competitively than casually.

Another thing is that eSports than have universal settings are made for competitive play first and they usually all have other game modes to play. Halo isn't made with the settings for competitive in mind. It's made with casual and competitive compromises.

Universal settings do not work when the base gameplay isn't as competitive as it should be.

Life doesn't make sense!

Pool A, I think it will be AE and TP, but what if Optic qualifies!!! I want the Optic upset so bad, but I can't imagine worlds without some of the names in this pool!

Pool B CLG is a definite, and I thought Elevate was in but Noble got them this cup! Could we see the upset???

Pool C is the hardest thing to look at for me lol. Worlds won't feature two of these teams, Envyus EG, Denial, WFX!!!!!! Seriously I want to say NV EG, but Denial could totally upset, and you can't count out WFX! My biggest heartache is I so badly wanted Denial to make worlds, but they really got a pool of death here.

Pool D is pretty much the only pool where I can for sure say it will be Liquid RNG. Nothing against soar or severance, but the upset won't happen.

Top 8 AE, TP (unless optic qualifies then I'm team optic!!!), CLG, Elevate, EG, NV, Liquid, RNG!!!

Now the only thing left to do is call in sick for work that weekend :)! I foresee myself getting the flu!

• Upvote (+1) 5

graphics

Hi @@LenoxCG .  Elevate and Overdrive both have team logos.  Elevate is an established org and check with @@Vetoed for Overdrive's new logo.  Check twitter for both Soar and Severance.  And  somebody in this forum recently made a Triggers Pound logo although it might just be a fan logo and not the actual team's logo.  TBD may also want to mention winner of LCQ.

Otherwise great work.  Sleek graphic.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Now the only thing left to do is call in sick for work that weekend :)! I foresee myself getting the flu!

I said this about the Super Bowl last year and I actually got the flu that weekend. Be careful!

I said this about the Super Bowl last year and I actually got the flu that weekend. Be careful!

But then you could watch it from home guilt-free!

• Upvote (+1) 1