CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

A major difference here:

BxR had ZERO tradeoffs for execution.  It was an unintuitive mechanical interaction that gave your character the ability to basically insta-kill someone in melee range.  It was really disorienting for someone who had it happen to them if they didn't know what was going on, because they just flat out died.  And the player who executed it was still in perfect position to keep go about fighting as usual.

Slide Boosting on the other hand requires you to 1) Sprint for at least 3 steps.  2) Use your Thrust.  Both of these are trade-offs because entering into combat without your Thruster means you are at a disadvantage.  If you go randomly slide boosting across the map and suddenly get into combat, you're very likely to die.  You have to use Slide Boosting judiciously.  You can't just slide boost because you want to slide boost.

I meant in terms of not being intended but added to the game

Hey just an FYI on the controller, make sure you have a warranty or something on it. A friend of mine LB was broken relatively quickly and I believe the same happened to Moa

Happened to me as well. Xbox support was pretty good about shipping me a free replacement but not having it for 2 weeks sucked.

Want me to show a whole compilation of Ronaldo diving?. Or do you prefer a Messi one ?

no because that's besides the point. Players do dive to try and get the call occasionally there's no denying that but it's never accepted like you tried to claim. Whether it be by the ref, the fans, analysts or heads of leagues. I guarantee you all the dives that would be in the video you'd link me, the ref would have made no call or given the player a card. Hardly ever is the player who dives given the call and the rare chance that they do its mainly due to refs being human and making mistakes. Even then the player still won't end up getting away with it because the league will end up punishing the player after the game upon further review. Often giving multiple match bans. Its also heavily looked down upon by spectators and fans resulting in boos if a player dives.

I'm just gonna leave it at that to avoid further derailing the thread than I already have but I'd recommend to actually watch full matches instead of basing your opinion off of compilation videos.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Good thing Arena Breakout has no spawn points! You can still play that without a problem!

26781526.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 4

Slide boost was so fun to use and even fun to watch. We're not the Cod community when it comes to button combos like their G slide, most of us  actually want these in our game. 

Thanks for listening and letting us continue to play and spectate breakout and taking out that awful button combo /s

• Upvote (+1) 3

So 343 won't remove breakout before worlds because they don't want to make a big change to the game at the end of the season, but they go ahead and remove super slides just before the NA LCQ. As if being liars wasn't bad enough, now they are hypocrites too.

• Upvote (+1) 1

dont know if im just tweaking but does anyone notice a change in the pistol? seems easier to aim

You guys act like if super slide was a big deal.

So much this. It was almost completely meaningless other than a start-of-the-map jump. Otherwise you almost never have time or opportunity to use them. 

All of the people complaining absolutely blows my mind. 

• Downvote (-1) 4

Found the problem with spawns...

And it will be present on more than Coliseum -- Fathom and Truth are also messed up.

Apparently there's an unlisted patch change to Respawn Zone / Respawn Volumes in Forge mode (they're no longer an hourglass, they're a square with a pointer over them) and so they had to be replaced on the maps...

In replacing them, the ones on Red Side were labeled Team 2 - Attacker and the ones on Blue Side were labeled Team 1 - Defender...

Attacker = Blue

Defender = Red.

So basically you're gonna spawn on the wrong side of the map.

• Upvote (+1) 8

And it will be present on more than Coliseum -- Fathom and Truth are also messed up.

Apparently there's an unlisted patch change to Respawn Zone / Respawn Volumes in Forge mode (they're no longer an hourglass, they're a square with a pointer over them) and so they had to be replaced on the maps...

In replacing them, the ones on Red Side were labeled Team 2 - Attacker and the ones on Blue Side were labeled Team 1 - Defender...

Attacker = Blue

Defender = Red.

So CTF is completely fucked right now?

Attacker = Blue

Defender = Red.

Is this for OBJ only or Slayer as well? Because a 49-49 slayer game that sees a player from the opposing team spawn in the other teams base has super rage written all over it.

EDIT: Answered above.

You guys act like if super slide was a big deal.

So much this. It was almost completely meaningless other than a start-of-the-map jump. Otherwise you almost never have time or opportunity to use them. 

All of the people complaining absolutely blows my mind. 

Just because you guys only use them here or there doesn't mean others aren't thinking outside of the box or using them more often. Why not check here? 

http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/10681-halo-5-guardians-metastrategy-discussion/

• Upvote (+1) 3

Once again, Halo turns to complete shit because the very people who claim to support us, who also happen to hold our trust and the fate of halo in their hands, fuck it all up at the worst time possible. Not to mention give an update that tries to fix what isn't broken, while leaving the kitchen sink leaking. 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Attacker = Blue

Defender = Red.

Tested Fathom and Truth - no issues.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is this for OBJ only or Slayer as well? Because a 49-49 slayer game that sees a player from the opposing team spawn in the other teams base has super rage written all over it.

EDIT: Answered above.

It is only for Capture the Flag.

Respawn Zones only have one gametype label, no other gametype uses them.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Attacker = Blue

Defender = Red.

We will surely have a hotfix

Tested Fathom and Truth - no issues.

That's strange because the respawn zones are literally backwards.  The blue one is in red base and the red one is in blue base.

(I've tested as well, also spawning correctly on those maps.)

Just because you guys only use them here or there doesn't mean others aren't thinking outside of the box or using them more often. Why not check here? 

http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/10681-halo-5-guardians-metastrategy-discussion/

Well, first of all super slide was not intended to exist, so I don't see why I would get mad if 343i decided to remove it; yeah, it was a cool mechanic but people rarely used it in matchmaking, also I've never seen a pro team use this "feature" in a tournament.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 4