CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Can someone find all the tweets/posts from 343 employees saying "Working as intended"

There weren't.  There was conversations between pros+343 QA people where the QA people said it was "working as intended" and also rumors that the particular QA person in question may have just said that so he could've gotten credit for submitting the bug within the company.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I thought 343 had the competitive scene's back?

Instead of listening to our fellow pro 343 employees and knowing how to add a skill gap within a game, they take out slide boost and fast fall and keep things in that dumb down a game, such as weapons timing themselves for you, grenade hitmarkers, and radar. It undermines the skill gap completely, ugh. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Fixed “fast fall” and “slide boost” exploits" Just like BXR in H2C they were unintended but added to the game and made them better

• Upvote (+1) 2

No but it's the norm, everybody does it and is accepted. hell the best players do it, where is the honor there where is the fanatics outcry ?

you clearly have no idea what you're talking about. Diving is a bookable offense so if a ref has reason to believe that a player dove he'll give the player a nice little yellow card and a free kick to the opposing team. More often than not the ref gets it completely right as well. 

On topic: Sucks that the slide boost and fast fall tricks were taken out. I thought it added a nice element to the movement of the game. Some pros really got the hang of it and used them to their fullest ability too. Heinz and Spartan in particular. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

you clearly have no idea what you're talking about. Diving is a bookable offense so if a ref has reason to believe that a player dove he'll give him a nice little yellow card and a free kick to the opposing team. More often than not the ref gets it completely right as well.

On topic: Sucks that the slide boost and fast fall tricks were taken out. I thought it added a nice element to the movement of the game. Some pros really got the hang of it and used them to their fullest ability too. Heinz and Spartan in particular.

Want me to show a whole compilation of Ronaldo diving?. Or do you prefer a Messi one ?
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Sort of off topic, but just went to Best Buy on a whim and they actually had the Elite Controller in Stock. Picked one up, and this thing is amazing.

I almost have to think that the main reason a lot of pro players still use Scuf is because of sponsorships or something.

Anyways, if you are looking for one, check Best Buy. They aren't available online so you'll have to go to the store

Hey just an FYI on the controller, make sure you have a warranty or something on it. A friend of mine LB was broken relatively quickly and I believe the same happened to Moa

• Upvote (+1) 1

Fixed “fast fall” and “slide boost” exploits" Just like BXR in H2C they were unintended but added to the game and made them better

A major difference here:

BxR had ZERO tradeoffs for execution.  It was an unintuitive mechanical interaction that gave your character the ability to basically insta-kill someone in melee range.  It was really disorienting for someone who had it happen to them if they didn't know what was going on, because they just flat out died.  And the player who executed it was still in perfect position to keep go about fighting as usual.

Slide Boosting on the other hand requires you to 1) Sprint for at least 3 steps.  2) Use your Thrust.  Both of these are trade-offs because entering into combat without your Thruster means you are at a disadvantage.  If you go randomly slide boosting across the map and suddenly get into combat, you're very likely to die.  You have to use Slide Boosting judiciously.  You can't just slide boost because you want to slide boost.

• Upvote (+1) 9

I mean I guess people flying across the map can be game breaking to an extent, but Fast Fall wasn't. I don't know why these things needed to be fixed though. At least slide jump still works, it was just nice being able to outskill opponents by practicing these things.

Hey just an FYI on the controller, make sure you have a warranty or something on it. A friend of mine LB was broken relatively quickly and I believe the same happened to Moa

Yeah I picked up a 2 year Warranty, it was only $20. Def recommend getting Warranty on anything this expensive.

• Upvote (+1) 1

there are some crazy superslides...like collisium flag you can go from red bridge > blue flag. and blue bridge to red flag. fast fall seemed fine though. Makes sense 343 wants to cover themselves...if someone did a crazy superslide and capped a flag in 2 seconds you know twitch chat will be spamming "RIP HALO ROFLMA RIP HALO SO BAD RIP 343! BETTER WITH BUNGIE!"

i will miss superslide and fast fall though <3. 

Sort of off topic, but just went to Best Buy on a whim and they actually had the Elite Controller in Stock. Picked one up, and this thing is amazing. 

I almost have to think that the main reason a lot of pro players still use Scuf is because of sponsorships or something.

Anyways, if you are looking for one, check Best Buy. They aren't available online so you'll have to go to the store

I've had mine for a couple months and it's amazing. 

his monitor broke last night, while wal mart was the only store open. that was literally the only monitor they had there. he is returning it today and getting a new one from best buy. :)

The GOAT has made his appearance! Y'all better start grinding man I wanna see you shit on the doubters man.

And stream pls

his monitor broke last night, while wal mart was the only store open.  that was literally the only monitor they had there.  he is returning it today and getting a new one from best buy. :)

Are we gonna see another cast on his other hand? :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I thought he was just being a cheapo. lol Glad to hear that then.

edit:

giphy.gif

The GOAT quoted me!!! 

(lol)

• Upvote (+1) 8

his monitor broke last night, while wal mart was the only store open.  that was literally the only monitor they had there.  he is returning it today and getting a new one from best buy. :)

can you PLEASE stream mang 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Confirmed happened to me twice in my last game I spawned in enemy base

lolz RIP my favorite gametype