CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Content woo

The snipe at 5:23 made me stand up from my desk and take a walk down the hall to stare out the window and contemplate the meaning of life.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

3:10 onward. Those were the snipes I was talking about. There needs to be an overlay of snipedowns stream on this because the reactions were just as amazing. lol VicX at like 5:23 when Spartan snipes the dude, "Oh my god". lol

That entire @@Spartan clip is incredible. It's one of those times where you can tell as a player and as a viewer that this fucker just entered the Matrix. Everything slows down and for a brief period you're just untouchable. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Now I don't feel as bad about saying how much I don't like Lifestyle.

And Cratos/Allegiance...nothing new there. Can't wait to read comments of people defending them.

About to read the next few pages now. lol

when you read those pages, you'll see ryannoob pointing out that it's likely that clip is edited and made to look bad. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

depends on the one u purchase. 

e.g. purchased vpn usually better than free vpn

i was reading that paid VPNs are basically the only ones worth using 

they're cheap too, less than 10 bucks a month or something

One thing I think people need to keep in mind is that at some point we were all (or still are) teenagers that said/did dumb stuff. Most of us just didn't have that recorded and broadcasted to the internet

That being said, however, I seriously would not even joke about anything remotely related to match fixing. If you haven't been paying attention to any other esports, Valve (developers of CS:GO) recently announced that players who were banned last year after match fixing are banned indefinitely from any Valve sponsored tournaments (Source - http://blog.counter-strike.net/index.php/2016/01/13442/). I would really hate to see that happen to anyone in the Halo scene.

Lastly to address the Cratos hate. Yes Cratos can be arrogant on twitter and streams sometimes. But honestly look at Lethul and how so many of you love him. He started out just the same way and is almost praised for it, albeit him being slightly more trollish. A lot of Cratos says is to his friends or as jokes, but many people already have negative thoughts about him and just want a way to bash him. He really is a good guy that is trolling more than trying to be cocky. If Allegiance is the villains to you guys then that's the banner we will have to play under. All I have to say is that there are two sides to every story. Respect to CLG for the win this past weekend and even more so to Gary for his gameplay. I love you guys for making this forums and community great. I am big time lurker/fan. These are my own thoughts and not that of my team. Good luck to everyone at XGames!

I'm just going to address this again for the 10th time. I hate Cratos because talking shit to someone's family members about having Cancer is the scummiest scumbag thing I've ever heard. And no amount of apologies or excuses will change that. Anyone that is vial enough to say that shit will never get my respect.

Your rational for the "hate" is absurd. That is all.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Good to see that 9-2 between Allegiance and nV didn't tell the whole story. Lots of close games in that series. Now if only nV can stop being damn unlucky so they can get some consistent practice in. :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Pros are gonna be displeased with slideboost and fastfall being removed in the latest update.

also, @@Mikwen , why did ola buy a 5ms monitor?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Pros are gonna be displeased with slideboost and fastfall being removed in the latest update.

They're displeased with Breakout - doesn't make a difference.

I missed where this was said. Why in the world would they take out slideboost and fastfall, great movement features, yet keep dumb shit like radar and OP Autos? 

I just.....

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I missed where this was said. Why in the world would they take out slideboost and fastfall, great movement features, yet keep dumb shit like radar and OP Autos? 

I just.....

Logic? What logic? :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wait... where did they say they were gonna do this?  :apg:

I seriously don't understand it ... how hard would it be to just stream for 2-3 hours per day (sub games or whatever), post a couple YT videos and build a huge following?  This wouldn't take away from his grind, and he's losing thousands of dollars from Twitch donations/subs right now

What many people haven't mentioned yet is that Naded was a very popular Halo streamer before he went into hiding.  And getting to that level of comfort and entertainment takes a ton of effort on his part.  But you wouldn't necessarily realize it because everything about the stream feels so natural and not forced.  Been watching that stream for a couple of years now and the amount of production value he's added from overlays (thanks @@mediabrute ) to the greenscreen, to notifications and everything in between has been incredible to watch.  The stream was always a constant pallet for improvement.  So now with the largest reaching halo tournament ever it's understandable that those efforts go making himself a better player.  Even though it means no stream, I'm all for the grind.  He'll be back.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I also would like to know where it was stated that slide boost was being taken out.  This would be a patently fucking awful decision, as it's become a crucial part of everyone's movement.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

when you read those pages, you'll see ryannoob pointing out that it's likely that clip is edited and made to look bad. 

And if you read, you will see that they are saying "they were joking about it with lifestyle". The video was not edited.

The fact they joked about it is just sad.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Good to see that 9-2 between Allegiance and nV didn't tell the whole story. Lots of close games in that series. Now if only nV can stop being damn unlucky so they can get some consistent practice in. :simms:

Hooray for moral victories!!!!

• Upvote (+1) 1

And if you read, you will see that they are saying "they were joking about it with lifestyle". The video was not edited.

The fact they joked about it is just sad.

Look I get your point, but this joking was between friends and private. It's not like we were making tweets joking, it was simply in private conversation and shouldn't have been said as a fact. It's like me joking around with my friend saying I'm gonna kill you man because he broke something of mine. Doesn't mean I'm gonna do it, doesn't mean I'm gonna really threaten him, and doesn't make me a bad person. We would never throw a match and I doubt any pro teams would. I get your reasons for hating Cratos, but Allegiance is not just one player. I respect everything you do for the community with updating the points, but please at least consider this from both sides without the Cratos factor.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It reads Fixed "fastfall" and "slideboost" exploits. Did they nerf them or are they gone altogether?

I'm assuming gone altogether, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see. :/

• Upvote (+1) 1