CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Who will be the commentators for x games?

I believe Walshy and Bravo are 2, Goldenboy isn't going though.

• Upvote (+1) 2

We would never throw, but some of you guys know us better than we know ourselves apparently.

Quickly jump on the guy, hate him!!.

We would never throw, but some of you guys know us better than we know ourselves apparently.

Yes, blame the people that hear the allegations and not the ones making them. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Well you guys have demonstrated such amazing competitive integrity by refusing to allow a replay in a grand finals. Can you really blame people?

Following the rules is competitive integrity lol. Emotions have no business when money is up for grabs.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 5

I believe Walshy and Bravo are 2, Goldenboy isn't going though.

Damn, I really like Goldenboy's casting.

I hope my boi @@TheSimms is going tho, cant remember if he said he was or wasn't

• Upvote (+1) 1

Pretty excited my boys are finally, officially, RNG.

Also to any pros out there who need overlays, team logos, etc... Hi.

• Upvote (+1) 4

yeah you would! /sarcasm

think of all the skins on the line! oh wait....

but seriously that's one of the upsides of not having halo gambling (even though i'm in favor of esports betting overall)

Damn, I really like Goldenboy's casting.

I hope my boi @@TheSimms is going tho, cant remember if he said he was or wasn't

I am not this time round. Good luck to all teams attending, special shout out to the EU homies going up against NA rosters. Not easy at all but I hope they at least give some em some damn good games.

inb4 eus trash and gunna get stomped comments

• Upvote (+1) 2

Well you guys have demonstrated such amazing competitive integrity by refusing to allow a replay in a grand finals. Can you really blame people?

I didn't watch the series but to be fair on one of the games, it was like 13-9 or so and I recall someone saying they had the spawn trap set up on plaza. Obviously it doesn't mean they were going to win but it could have been a close game and Allegiance might have won. Whereas if the game reset to 0 any sort of momentum Allegiance had would be gone

This is why some competitive games do a forced win in scenarios like this. In fighting games for events like EVO no matter what the players say, if someone's controller disconnects or accidentally pause the game the one who paused it takes a loss in the round. The reason being that it was generally courteous to let the round go on than take the round by rule books. Usually if you did the rule book way everyone hated you, so EVO made it a forced win no matter what both players say (this happened in Grand finals of sf4)

I'm not saying that 343 should make it a forced win or not but it is really unfair to call allegiance out IMO on these things when they quite literally are playing by the rules and they were in the lead of the match. You'll lose a lot of momentum and CLG gets an extra chance to do well in the beginning which also doesn't help with competitive integrity. Basically it sucked for both sides but either Allegiance would have a replay which can be problematic for them to get a W or they play by the rules and look like a dick as this is a player to player rule it looks like

• Upvote (+1) 6

Updated my original post to include the day by day matches for xgames. I had friday/Saturday instead of thursday/Friday for the days.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Allegiance should have replayed. The game was 13-9 when it got ended. He lagged out when it was 5-6 (According to what he said on Lethuls stream). That's plenty of time/kills to get setup and have map control/weapons.

I also don't get people defending allegiance but also saying how optic got screwed. You are okay with a team almost winning the whole qualifier on a DQ and Breakout, yet you have a problem with a team placing top 32 because of a DQ?

Obviously if the team was host booting optic they don't deserve to win but the rules are the same for everyone. You can't have it both ways.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Who will be the commentators for x games?

I'm sure somewhere during OQ5, Benson said that both Walshy and himself would be there
  • Upvote (+1) 1

JUsT catching up but shout outs to stellur for lurking team beyond at the optic house. He needs to show flamesword and maniac, they lurk the optic reddit which is bogus.

I didn't watch the series but to be fair on one of the games, it was like 13-9 or so

It was 10-9 when the rest of the team realizes that he's lagged out. Here's the timestamp on Lethul's stream: http://www.twitch.tv/lxthul/v/37449157?t=06h58m35s

CLG calls it out as soon as it happens (that AE is going to take the win). Then AE doesn't even respond to Lethul.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Honestly, yes. I don't have the same respect for players like Danoxide that I do for the established players because it's much easier to rise up now than it was during the MLG days. Granted, that is good in some ways. I just don't hold Danoxide to the same esteem that I do more established players just for placing top 16 in these H5 online lolcups.

He's probably not the worst player on his team really, this is more of a preference thing. I also like EG less with Commonly as their 4th, the same goes with WFX for picking up Domey. I'm just not a fan of them and don't see them as so special. 

This post is terrible and everything that I have been raging against. 

Who gives a shit what you did before H5. The exclusivity of the scene and the "fans" in the scene will hinder the growth of Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I bet the reason AE didn't respond was because Naded told everyone to turn off notifications so they don't get distracted.

Is there any Naded gameplay I can check out? I love that he's just silently building one of the best teams under the radar. 

I'm legitimately concerned for Optic and any other potential LCQ team that could win.

They very easily could be host booted out of LCQ as well.

Especially of the Orbit rumors are true, and any other sketchy team tries it as well.

There's plenty of really good players left that all could win.

- Flamesword

- Maniac

- Fearitself

- Lifestyle

- Eccentrikk

- Posey

- BabyJ

- Sargoth

- Cpt Anarchy

- Tsquared

- Tragic

- Very Nerdy

- Burton

- JesseUnleashed

- Blaze X Khalifa

- Omega

- etc.

I just don't want to see any of these players get knocked out through illegitimate circumstances.

• Upvote (+1) 7

is there a reason why pros don't use VPNs?

i recall someone saying they were laggy 

I use a VPN and it's fine

• Upvote (+1) 1