CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I like how renegades org waited with that annauncment until the shitstorm was over. All those orgs annauncing rosters only to realise their roster changed couple of days later. Smart.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So you literally dislike a team because they have an up and comer that you don't know? It's 2016 man cmon, that kid is actually really good.

Maybe by lethul saying it...it will help get it through some of thick minded people some of these new (speaking as in showing talent as some have been around since the beginning) top tiers players are making up the upper boundaries of the best players in the game....

To be completely honest i havnt seen any AE gameplay outside of the semis/finals of the qualifiers so im not 100% on all the things that theyve done or havnt done. But from what i understand, they will follow the rules to a T. Theyve taken qute a few wins from disconnects instead of replaying like most teams would. They seem to want the W. Doesnt really matter how they get it. So its kind of hard for me to believe they, especially Naded, would just let another team roll over them. AE is pretty shady so who knows.

"They will follow the rules to the T"

"AE is pretty shady".

Pick one pls

• Upvote (+1) 1

Eg leftovers game 2 was 50-46 :(

Sorry for the delayed response. Fixed in my original post.

I very highly doubt Naded would have ever agreed to that or any other pro player on that team tbh, they challenged the replay in sundays finals for 1 map, why would they throw an entire series?

I doubt anyone in AE would seriously throw a series to help further another team but AE didnt need to win. They wrapped up the #1 seed in regionals before the last online qualifier. As to why they wouldnt replay TS Plaza? 1st place still gets $1000 and as of yet, no one has won anything besides the online qualifier money. You might as well play for it or in their minds, not play for it. They caught a bunch of flack for not playing that game. Its a sign of disrespect when any other "pro" team simply would have replayed it, especially if the score was something like 13-9.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Hey guys many of you don't know me but I am the coach of Allegiance, and I figured I should come in and address some comments or concerns you guys have about last Sunday. Obviously some of you will see me as biased but I will do my best to give you our side or at least what I saw and heard. I first would like to address this new video and what Lifestyle was saying. My team did in fact joke about 'throwing' the match if Gary's team made it to play us. With that said it was a joke and I can't remember who had actually brought it up. As many of you have pointed out a guy like Naded, or anyone on Allegiance for that matter, would never throw a match because winning and representing Allegiance comes first. I don't think Allegiance or our fanbase would take kindly to us throwing a match. We now to move on to the very unpopular DQ situation. Yes, we obviously took the DQ, good idea or not. Like many have pointed out this was in the rules, however, I know many pro teams would have just replayed. And that is there decision. We took the win because we had just gained the lead by a few kills, had snipe, were in set up for the next OS, and overall winning the game with a good advantage. We did not think it would be fair or a good idea to replay and chance a bad start in the replay, when we feel we had this match. We have in fact replayed a match against CLG in the third cup, I believe, in which we ended up loosing the replay and all of our momentum, for people who claim we just always take the win. Also as I have seen @@RyaNoob attest to on twitter, Snakebite tried to DQ Team Randa/Winterfox in Season 1 when the score was 0-0 and that really kind of stuck. We honestly felt they would have tried the same thing if the tables were switched. If this match meant more in terms of points and seeding we would have replayed but it didn't. As far as the rest of the series we clearly under performed and CLG deserved the win. We learned a lot and hope to fix any of our mistakes. Lastly to address the Cratos hate. Yes Cratos can be arrogant on twitter and streams sometimes. But honestly look at Lethul and how so many of you love him. He started out just the same way and is almost praised for it, albeit him being slightly more trollish. A lot of Cratos says is to his friends or as jokes, but many people already have negative thoughts about him and just want a way to bash him. He really is a good guy that is trolling more than trying to be cocky. If Allegiance is the villains to you guys then that's the banner we will have to play under. All I have to say is that there are two sides to every story. Respect to CLG for the win this past weekend and even more so to Gary for his gameplay. I love you guys for making this forums and community great. I am big time lurker/fan. These are my own thoughts and not that of my team. Good luck to everyone at XGames!

Do you even paragraphs?

• Upvote (+1) 5

Whelp, now we know that any Top players play in the LCQ, they are going to help their friends win. Shouldn't the top 15 Seeded teams be banned from playing in it as individuals? since its on their Original GB Tags. I just assumed that none of the top seeded players would even consider playing in it or can. 

Super Shady by FIS who is now on Optic. Tisk tisk. Hecz won't be pleased to find this out. 

The top 15 team rosters are locked. The players on those teams cannot compete in the LCQ.

This may have been recorded the night before the OQ #5 before Lifestyle was replaced with Posey on Optic Gaming.

It makes sense too because Optic would have faced Allegiance in Round 5 (if they had made it that far).

Also I know @@RyaNoob already claimed these were 'edited', but he could be lying to save face.

Eh, you should decide for yourself.

https://twitter.com/masochis7/status/691937366144081921

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

There are no mid sentence edits on those videos, seems pretty clear what he's saying.

"people talk about throwing, i have talked about throwing before, no i don't do it"

it seems like he's responding to questions in his streams chat, so there is zero context 

also it's not as if halo players throw for money, if you want to lose to get a "better" (actually worse) seed then that's your prerogative as a team, but lets not pretend for 1 second that throwing is an epidemic or even really a thing in pro halo

Also I know @RyaNoob already claimed these were 'edited', but he could be lying to save face.

i thought ryan said this guy tried to edit a video that made it sound like ryan called apg the n word

Masochist is just sitting there editing videos together making it sound like people are saying shit they really aren't. Whether this is true for lifestyle or not idk, but he's been doing it to me all night just like that one guy edited a video to make it sound like I called apg the n word

^here's ryans post

he is saying that these are deceptive, not that the guy literally edited his words around

But honestly look at Lethul and how so many of you love him. He started out just the same way and is almost praised for it, albeit him being slightly more trollish. A lot of Cratos says is to his friends or as jokes, but many people already have negative thoughts about him and just want a way to bash him. He really is a good guy that is trolling more than trying to be cocky.

i don't ever recall lethul telling someone to die of cancer or something to that effect

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Not sure I believe it either but others will BECAUSE they didn't replay that game in the finals. They're the team to hate right now, so this is just giving people ammo regardless if it's true or not.

Taking a step back, why do we hate AE? Honestly, I am very happy for naded. It'll be good for his kid's future.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I first would like to address this new video and what Lifestyle was saying. My team did in fact joke about 'throwing' the match if Gary's team made it to play us. With that said it was a joke and I can't remember who had actually brought it up. As many of you have pointed out a guy like Naded, or anyone on Allegiance for that matter, would never throw a match because winning and representing Allegiance comes first. I don't think Allegiance or our fanbase would take kindly to us throwing a match.

Discusses match fixing in a way that second party considers it a legitimate offer.

Has to clarify on forums.

I'm not positive if representing Allegiance was a true priority... now that it is public, I'm sure it is.

"people talk about throwing, i have talked about throwing before, no i don't do it"

it seems like he's responding to questions in his streams chat, so there is zero context 

he is saying that these are deceptive, not that the guy literally edited his words around

"The Lifestyle shit...like talking about maybe getting a throw is definitely something normal, everybody does it, i was doing it"

Fair enough he's only speaking about maybe doing it, but it's new to me that this is even a thing.

Taking a step back, why do we hate AE? Honestly, I am very happy for naded. It'll be good for his kid's future.

My opinion is irrelevant as I am a zit on the ass of competitive halo however, the notion that a pro team faced with a 13-9 game given the option to take a win on a technicality or replay chose the technicality in the finals no less, is a bit of a turn off for me as a fan.

It's unsportsmanlike, it's disrespectful and frankly a bit childish. If the situation didn't happen like it did and allegiance had won the series it makes everyone in the halo scene look like a bunch of jokes. Online quals already have a stigma and had Allegiance won it would have not only tainted the entire process further, but borderline rendered the entire HWC a joke. Ultimately did it matter? No, but to this random guy on the Internet it assured I never cheer for allegiance or support their streams etc.

TL;DR tacky, unsportsmanlike, childish

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

My opinion is irrelevant as I am a zit on the ass of competitive halo however, the notion that a pro team faced with a 13-9 game given the option to take a win on a technicality or replay chose the technicality in the finals no less, is a bit of a turn off for me as a fan.

It's unsportsmanlike, it's disrespectful and frankly a bit childish. If the situation didn't happen like it did and allegiance had won the series it makes everyone in the halo scene look like a bunch of jokes. Online quals already have a stigma and had Allegiance won it would have not only tainted the entire process further, but borderline rendered the entire HWC a joke. Ultimately did it matter? No, but to this random guy on the Internet it assured I never cheer for allegiance or support their streams etc.

TL;DR tacky, unsportsmanlike, childish

Their coach explained the rationale and frankly it's logical. Everything else you talked about isn't sourced by logic and are just emotions. As long as no one cheats and follows the rules (obviously idealistic in its own right), then everything is ok.

• Upvote (+1) 1

No idea what the truth is, but that guy reminds me of a shady tabloid journalist, isolating 1 sentence that can then be used in any way they want, without context, for their own means. All from a 5 hour old twitter account. Weird. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Your head would explode if you watched Final Boss's run in 2007.

been following since team 3d lol... final boss was untouchable thru all of halo 2 not just 2007.... either way this weekend was "ONE OF THE" best weekends of halo of all time.....

sidebar: i did phase out during halo 4-reach era but who didnt.... lol

If the situation didn't happen like it did and allegiance had won the series it makes everyone in the halo scene look like a bunch of jokes. 

I guess i missed what you were saying with this line.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Hey guys many of you don't know me but I am the coach of Allegiance, and I figured I should come in and address some comments or concerns you guys have about last Sunday. Obviously some of you will see me as biased but I will do my best to give you our side or at least what I saw and heard.

I first would like to address this new video and what Lifestyle was saying. My team did in fact joke about 'throwing' the match if Gary's team made it to play us. With that said it was a joke and I can't remember who had actually brought it up. As many of you have pointed out a guy like Naded, or anyone on Allegiance for that matter, would never throw a match because winning and representing Allegiance comes first. I don't think Allegiance or our fanbase would take kindly to us throwing a match.

Now to move on to the very unpopular DQ situation. Yes, we obviously took the DQ, good idea or not. Like many have pointed out this was in the rules, however, I know many pro teams would have just replayed. And that is there decision. We took the win because we had just gained the lead by a few kills, had snipe, were in set up for the next OS, and overall winning the game with a good advantage. We did not think it would be fair or a good idea to replay and chance a bad start in the replay, when we feel we had this match. We have in fact replayed a match against CLG in the third cup, I believe, in which we ended up loosing the replay and all of our momentum, for people who claim we just always take the win. Also as I have seen @@RyaNoob attest to on twitter, Snakebite tried to DQ Team Randa/Winterfox in Season 1 when the score was 0-0 and that really kind of stuck. We honestly felt they would have tried the same thing if the tables were switched. If this match meant more in terms of points and seeding we would have replayed but it didn't. As far as the rest of the series we clearly under performed and CLG deserved the win. We learned a lot and hope to fix any of our mistakes.

Lastly to address the Cratos hate. Yes Cratos can be arrogant on twitter and streams sometimes. But honestly look at Lethul and how so many of you love him. He started out just the same way and is almost praised for it, albeit him being slightly more trollish. A lot of Cratos says is to his friends or as jokes, but many people already have negative thoughts about him and just want a way to bash him. He really is a good guy that is trolling more than trying to be cocky. If Allegiance is the villains to you guys then that's the banner we will have to play under. All I have to say is that there are two sides to every story. Respect to CLG for the win this past weekend and even more so to Gary for his gameplay. I love you guys for making this forums and community great. I am big time lurker/fan. These are my own thoughts and not that of my team. Good luck to everyone at XGames!

tldr: We would NEVER throw a match, we had reasons for the DQ, Cratos isn't that big of an ***hole, and I love the forums.

Maybe not the opinion of everyone else in the forum, but for me I didn't really disagree with the DQ because you got a "free win". My main annoyance is that doing this in the grand finals of a Halo tournament discredits competitive Halo. I appreciate that you were following the rules and that this may not be at the forefront of your mind when competing in a series. However, When trying to rebuild the scene having the top team in the league DQ the another top team  looks terrible and will in all likelihood put some viewers off. Though this is only a few people we do not have a large enough established viewership to afford any "avoidable" loss.  

As a Halo fan, i want to hopefully see the HCS continue and grow long after the HWC finals. For that to happen everyone needs to chip in to help promote the league as something enjoyable and credible. This means keeping in mind the wider repercussions of any action that may be considered as controversial.

• Upvote (+1) 1