CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

If you don't know who the new competitive players are then

1. You haven't been paying attention

2. You suck and don't play high level MM

That @@Batchford kid is pretty good I hear.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Some of the guys on top teams now have been playing since Halo 3.

Really cool to see

So you literally dislike a team because they have an up and comer that you don't know? It's 2016 man cmon, that kid is actually really good. 

Honestly, yes. I don't have the same respect for players like Danoxide that I do for the established players because it's much easier to rise up now than it was during the MLG days. Granted, that is good in some ways. I just don't hold Danoxide to the same esteem that I do more established players just for placing top 16 in these H5 online lolcups.

He's probably not the worst player on his team really, this is more of a preference thing. I also like EG less with Commonly as their 4th, the same goes with WFX for picking up Domey. I'm just not a fan of them and don't see them as so special. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 12

So you literally dislike a team because they have an up and comer that you don't know? It's 2016 man cmon, that kid is actually really good. 

Yeah. Not sure about Domey on WFX though.

Honestly, yes. I don't have the same respect for players like Danoxide that I do for the established players because it's much easier to rise up now than it was during the MLG days. Granted, that is good in some ways. I just don't hold Danoxide to the same esteem that I do more established players just for placing top 16 in these H5 online lolcups.

He's probably not the worst player on his team really, this is more of a preference thing. I also like EG less with Commonly as their 4th, the same goes with WFX for picking up Domey. I'm just not a fan of them and don't see them as so special. 

I think the main problem I have with it is that all of these teams feel like sweaty compromises, rather than the best teams they can be. I feel like NA is no longer the best possible teams facing eachother so much as it is a bunch of questionable teams formed through a game of musical chairs at the last minute.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Not to be that guy. But I have TWC and I never lag. Just the occasional lag when the servers decide to crash for everyone.

Same. Unfortunately it's not the same story here at school with this garbage ass wifi

Finally starting editing on my H5 Montage  B)  B) .

Odds on Optic taking the qualifier?

As a montager myself I will be on the lookout for it whenever it is released :)

• Upvote (+1) 1

So you condemn them for it not being as hard to break out as in the past? You act like they choose for it to be easy and are taking an easy path. I came from the fkn combines where they excluded good people for gods sake, now look at me... I'm kind of respected or something. They definitely have to have something right going on with their game for established pros through multiple games to team with them. Wait until you see things to actually judge on and give them a chance at least, ignorant disrespect is pointless. 

I thought I made it pretty clear that I'm not necessarily condemning them as much as simply saying I don't care for them. I don't dislike them as people just for being new players. However, I do think that if competitive Halo were in a better state and had maintained a healthier competitive population over the last 4 years, then many of the new players wouldn't be where they are. But I would never hate the players themselves just for that, it's really great for them.

Quite surprised that you would say that Lethul as I lost some respect for you back in the day when you completely trashed and disregarded anyone who tried to talk to you that wasn't pro, or at least from what I saw. Nevertheless I'm happy you made that statement to @@TheSituJAKEtion. I can agree with you that today's halo doesn't have as much prestige and value compared to H2/H3 but that shouldn't devalue the players that are trying to make a name for themselves now. The fact that Lethul and the other team's that picked these up and comers up in the first place shows that these pros see something in these "new" players. The only reason you haven't really seen or heard of them is because they really never got a chance back in the day since that's how it was. I know Commonly personally since he is the homie/local of mine and he is a beast on lan and I hope he continues to show everyone else that doesn't believe in him at X Games and Regionals.  Everyone starts somewhere at the bottom of the competitive community and its just a matter of how you get noticed. Some get lucky because they know pros personally and that helps them get noticed easier and some have to grind all the time to finally get noticed. End of the day these players all have massive potential to shine so we shall see soon.

P.S. Lethul us reach montagers still think your dualtage with formal have some of the nastiest MLG clips out there :P

#TeamHamy

• Upvote (+1) 2

Watching some of the potential Optic scrims tonight with Fear/Lifestyle and I have decided a few things.

1) May have potential if they're able to play a lot and gel before the LCQ.

2) Lifestyle can play.

3) FS may be a little inconsistent, but he can definitely still play at a top level. I was a little suspect after what seemed to be a lack of playing.. but, I'm convinced that he is still capable of playing at a top level. I won't go as far to say a top 3-5 level, but certainly top 8-10.

Again tho, just one man's opinion.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Was Sir Robert "Comin' In Hot" Bizzle playing with Str8 tonight? I'm very excited for this LCQ.

No way he is back :O he was a really good player back in the day and funnier than anything

• Upvote (+1) 1

No way he is back :o he was a really good player back in the day and funnier than anything

he has been playing almost every cup. People have also been saying "a wild tizoxic appeared" but really he has been playing h5 for awhile. I do hope t2 and bizzle team up though.

• Upvote (+1) 1