CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Exactly.  So why talk as if it is impressive that 2gre placed 2nd/3rd a bunch of times playing alongside two Top 5 players, and a kid in Frosty that probably isn't that far out of the Top 5 himself?  His role on that team was basically to not do anything too stupid, which admittedly he is very good at as he is always the same old consistent Ogre 2.  He isn't a Top 2-3 player HIMSELF anymore; hence why when EG was looking for one they went and took a kid with literally zero LAN accomplishments over him.  And don't give me some crap about EG not wanting another "chef in the kitchen"...they picked Commonly because he is BETTER than 2gre in this game.  BETTER.  They even went to headcase Naded who has never materialized a win on LAN over 2gre.  We are in 2016, not 2006 anymore.  I don't know how many times I have to say this.

You blind homers are acting like the realists who actually know what they are talking about are kicking your dog or something.  2gre is a ~Top 8 player at this point, that isn't an insult and in itself it is extremely impressive for a guy literally pushing 30 who is still competing in a game that is drastically different from the ones he dominated.  Like anything, his dominance at the top will have ended.  He's not good enough anymore that he can just go and grab Roy/Lunchbox or Royal 2/Snakebite.  Does anyone think he's going to be competing for ~Top 2 now that he's on nV? I don't.

You aren't going to place in Top 2 in any esport without bringing something massive to the table for your team, at that point, no one is getting carried, if 2gre was holding back CLG that much we would have seen it long ago, teams would've figured it out, and CLG wouldn't have had the results that they did.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

VoD from this weekend's ASTRO Spartans 2v2, we'll have a special announcement soon regarding our next one. I think everyone will like it :intensifies:

• Upvote (+1) 4

Yeah CLG and AE are pretty much the only teams that benefited from this disaster. Good move on Lethul

Technically yes.

But EG looked better against clg than ae did IMO.

I'm not gonna sleep on them. Commonly really proved me wrong. He might be the best player on that team, or at least he looked like one of EGs best this weekend.

• Upvote (+1) 2

not gunna lie i still think RNG with commonly woulda been the team to beat, but I have high hopes that after some practice and working on communication theyll be just as good with stellur. Stellur really surprised me this weekend.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Team Allegiances cup history

Cup #1 - 9th

Cup #2 - 2th

Cup #3 - 1st

Cup #4 - 1st

Cup #5 - 2nd

Number #1 seed going into regionals. And you make them out to be the 4th best team? Behind RNG who have never even made top 3 ?

I said Power Rankings dude, not counting points... I still think AE is a top 5 team, but lets be honest here, are we going to act that AE is better than CLG just because they sit at #1 because of points... CLG beat them twice now, and its just because some teams got luck on their side when it comes to Bo3 Slayer & Breakout deciders.

But props to AE for grinding out GB's to help get them to the position that they are in.

• Upvote (+1) 2

My posts arent working?

EDIT: When I include a gif my post doenst show. Weird

You do realize his teammates also need want to team with him?

If he sucked the top guys wouldn't be playing with him. Why should they? They could just pick someone better they wouldn't have to carry.

I already explained this.  His prestige draws the top up-and-comers because he is legitimately the GOAT and there is a certain mystique of getting to team with him.  Its the same reason why Ninja spent most of Reach hopelessly teaming with players like Walshy/T2 who were waaaay past their competitive prime.  The thing is that once these same young stars become entrenched themselves, they realize that they can do better than 2gre: hence him being dropped from CLG, and hence a team of established "legends" (Roy/LBX/Snip3) not even considering him at this point.  2gre's "draw" is clearly declined as he is now stuck on a team with fallen-off-a-cliff Ola and a player in Mikwen who while good, isn't in that upper-tier either (hence why APG/Heinz left him).

If he wouldn't have been a good fit, why did they get first place at a qualifier, and why was he on that team for years? If he really was the problem, he should have gotten the boot much earlier.

Royal 2 and Snakebite almost left for Optic at the beginning of this game, there was clear indication that they thought they could do "better".  Bringing on Frosty alleviated some of that tension for a while, but once the team started stagnating again, it was time to make another move.  CLG was good enough to stick in that Top 3 range for 2gre's entire tenure there, but don't mistake the fact that Royal 2 and SB clearly knew that they were well beyond 2gre at this point in the game.

Replacing Ogre 2 with Lethul really isn't going to do much for CLG gameplay wise. He's probably a better slayer than Ogre 2, but that was never ever a problem for CLG.

What they are really profiting from is that Lethul left EG and shook up nearly every other teams roster.

I really hope that you aren't this delusional.  This CLG team is clearly already better than CLG with 2gre.  Open your eyes.  CLG with 2gre went 3-9 against Renegades who had just picked up Ninja; this current CLG team looks like the clear-cut top team and they've barely even been together.  Lethul provides WAY more than just "slaying".  He understands how to play this game.  Players like 2gre are too ingrained on trying to play the game like they did in H2/H3.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Actually, if it wasn't for OGRE2 there would be no CLG Halo, hence that roster would not exist

EDIT: i don't know why its showing as highlighted, don't know how to fix it

Go into edit again.

Highlight it.

Press Ctrl+X.

Press Ctrl+Shift+V (Paste without Formatting)

Submit changes.

Fixed.

• Upvote (+1) 1

For me, the only question that remains after all these qualifiers and team changes:

WILL CLG EVER LEARN HOW TO SILENT WALK?

Yeah if there's one thing that fits CLG's playstyle to a T it's slowing down their gameplay.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I said Power Rankings dude, not counting points... I still think AE is a top 5 team, but lets be honest here, are we going to act that AE is better than CLG just because they sit at #1 because of points... CLG beat them twice now, and its just because some teams got luck on their side when it comes to Bo3 Slayer & Breakout deciders.

But props to AE for grinding out GB's to help get them to the position that they are in.

Ok so you justified CLG over AE. I would probably agree with that.

Now justify how Renegades and EG are better? Because they certainly havent beat AE.

Allegiance beat Renegades and EG in Cup4.

Who they play in the bracket isnt their fault. They just have to beat who is put up against them. Either way, they will eventually play the best teams in the final four and they still beat them teams to get 1st or 2nd

Im even an EG fan, but I just dont understand why you're under estimating AE. They have 2 wins and 2nds. Only ever losing to CLG. But you think they're the 4th best team?  :wutface:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Players like 2gre are too ingrained on trying to play the game like they did in H2/H3.

I just wanna focus on this real quick. What? He plays NOTHING like he did in the H2/H3 days. His playstyle has COMPLETELY changed.
  • Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If Enable was serious about wanting to do the last chance qualifier, I think he should squad up with Formal, FS and Maniac. That would be so much fun to watch, and if they could qualify it would bring in so many more viewers for regionals.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Actually, if it wasn't for OGRE2 there would be no CLG Halo, hence that roster would not exist

EDIT: i don't know why its showing as highlighted, don't know how to fix it

It happens when you copy paste or something, just highlight the text and press the eraser button in the top left next time :D

I just wanna focus on this real quick. What? He plays NOTHING like he did in the H2/H3 days. His playstyle has COMPLETELY changed.

His playstyle has changed to more of a support-role; but his fundamental want is still to play that old-school set-up based strategy...which is why CLG was notoriously "slow".  They look considerably more aggressive and in-your-face with Lethul.  You think they make those huge Slayer comebacks they pulled with 2gre? Those weren't about Lethul "being a better slayer"; it was a fundamental shift in how they play as a team which allowed them to apply huge pressure which eventually opened the flood-gates because their individual skill is already so high.

I'm not talking about how he was a "slayer" in H2, and now he's not.  I'm talking about how the overall strategy has shifted considerably.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I feel really bad for WFX, as their chances of making it out of Pool C are soooooo slim.

If only they'd done a few more GBs  :apg:

I am not sure if you are joking but they did the 3rd most GBs out of every pro team. Only less that Allegiance & WFX.

If Enable was serious about wanting to do the last chance qualifier, I think he should squad up with Formal, FS and Maniac. That would be so much fun to watch, and if they could qualify it would bring in so many more viewers for regionals.

If there was any remote chance of this happening, they would have to make sure there was no conflicting tournaments in CoD with the same dates of Halo.

The fan in me would LOVE to see this happen but it is a little far fetched.  Formal and Enable would have to juggle practicing 2 games at once and have their CoD teams be okay with that.

Like I said I'd love for it to go down but just don't see it happening.

My posts arent working?

EDIT: When I include a gif my post doenst show. Weird

This was happening to me all earlier.  When i got the same gif from a different URL it worked.

giphy.gif

If there was any remote chance of this happening, they would have to make sure there was no conflicting tournaments in CoD with the same dates of Halo.

The fan in me would LOVE to see this happen but it is a little far fetched.  Formal and Maniac would have to juggle practicing 2 games at once and have their CoD teams be okay with that.

Like I said I'd love for it to go down but just don't see it happening.

I'm assuming you mean Enable and not Maniac? Yeah I agree it's a long shot, but Enable seemed semi serious in the tweet. It would be great for the scene/viewership

• Upvote (+1) 1

i didnt

You're the one who said that Wizards Jordan wasn't winning, while 2gre still was...and used it in an attempt to show that 2gre WASN'T Wizards' Jordan.

Like no shit: The Wizards sucked, so obviously Wizards Jordan wasn't going to make them magically win.  2gre was still winning because he was teaming with elite players.  He hops on nV (a drastically inferior team) and they end up losing to Lifestyle and company.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm assuming you mean Enable and not Maniac? Yeah I agree it's a long shot, but Enable seemed semi serious in the tweet. It would be great for the scene/viewership

Yup sorry.

*fixed

• Upvote (+1) 1

2gre performs when it matters the most 

in the last 7 LAN HCS majors he's only placed outside the top 2 once and won the first 

now compare that with wizard's michael jordan..

tumblr_m6njtkRMcj1ry8drfo1_r1_400.gif

LOL @ "I think we're done here"

Thats fine though, LAN, LAN, LAN, LAN, LAN, so tired of hearing about LAN. Of those 7 LAN HCS majors, remind me again how many of those were H5 wins? 

Does anyone actually think that NV/2gre have ANY shot at winning the $2.5 million? Because I dont.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

You're the one who said that Wizards Jordan wasn't winning, while 2gre still was...and used it in an attempt to show that 2gre WASN'T Wizards' Jordan.

Like no shit: The Wizards sucked, so obviously Wizards Jordan wasn't going to make them magically win.  2gre was still winning because he was teaming with elite players.  He hops on nV (a drastically inferior team) and they end up losing to Lifestyle and company.

so remind me how it is a good comparison in the first place

Thats fine though, LAN, LAN, LAN, LAN, LAN, so tired of hearing about LAN. Of those 7 LAN HCS majors, remind me again how many of those were H5 wins? 

o i wasnt aware of all the HCS H5 majors!

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 6