CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

6. Royal 2 has the same face as Klay Thompson and it still bothers me. Yes, I've brought this point up before.

:lol:

Can someone catch me up with todays drama? I've been away from all things electronic and too lazy to go through todays pages. :intel:  :intel:  :intel:

zcqvpWN.gif

Gif-Exactly.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but the LCQ has been pushed back a week. I presume it's so there isn't any split viewership between X-Games and the LCQ.

• Upvote (+1) 4

On the one hand I won't miss all the online shenanigans and problems it brings, but it's been amazing having all these different streams open and watching from players POV. It's far more nerve racking watching Ninja in his own channel then the official one with player outlines, player POV switching etc. During a great play everyone goes off in chat, spamming emotes and team logos etc. Has been great, just leaves itself open to problems.

X Games is going to be something else.

• Upvote (+1) 1

On the one hand I won't miss all the online shenanigans and problems it brings, but it's been amazing having all these different streams open and watching from players POV. It's far more nerve racking watching Ninja in his own channel then the official one with player outlines, player POV switching etc. During a great play everyone goes off in chat, spamming emotes and team logos etc. Has been great, just leaves itself open to problems.

X Games is going to be something else.

Or how about the fact that theater is the shittiest possible representation of what is going on in the game.

A written play-by-play would be a less aggravating way to observe matches. The reticule displacement is infuriating. It's an(other) embarrassment to 343 that they even shipped the game with such an abysmal spectator mode.

• Downvote (-1) 1

I'm happy for lethul but at the same time im worried he's gonna get too rich too fast

Here's how I see it: he wins the HWC, takes home almost a mill, the power goes to his head, he contracts affluenza, he buys a lambo and dies in a tragic but badass fireball explosion

Is winning the HWC really worth it when you consider all the consequences?

Well he said on record he didn't stand a chance of lasting until he was 22 so he's basically on borrowed time anyway, might as well go out in a blaze of glory.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Can't tell if this is Halo related or not.

But considering we've been on the topic of "shade" over the past couple days i'm posting it anyways.

You guys are crazy. :wutface: :wutface: :wutface:

DgT8tVk.jpg

XwE78J6.jpg

What did I miss the last 150 pages? Team changes? Drama? Dank memes?

Edit: someone might tell me what I missed?

DgT8tVk.jpg

XwE78J6.jpg

Bush did 9/11

Confirmed.

• Upvote (+1) 3

We qualified <3

Well done shutting me up. :lol: I hope that post motivated you guys to prove me wrong.

good luck

• Upvote (+1) 1

First off, I think everyone should see this. Just click here, it's for your own good.

Secondly, someone please edit this gif so I can put it in my sig! :simms:

The ole high five to head scratch denial. We've all been there. Try to play it off but you know someone noticed it...leading to the ole :kappa: face.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Shoutout to @@GoldeNade for the graphic.  :simms:

Tl;DR this tournament is set up poorly, you have heard it all before.

Capture.png

I think the pools aren't seed accurately in terms of skill level of each team. Let me remind you that pool play is a bo3  :wutface:

In Group A, let's say OpTic wins the last chance qualifier. They get put in a bracket with Triggers Pound, AE, & dT. Let's assume Triggers Pound & AE make it out. OpTic probably aren't a top 8 team & dT aren't either imo (sorry dT, & everybody else I am about to call bad). We got a lot of teams that are hovering around top 8 this year so its unfortunate to those teams because they don't actually win any money. 

For Group C, I would call this the group of death. Maybe I am a fanboy, but WFX are a top 8 team. So is EnvyUs & EG obviously. 1 of these teams will be knocked out. I can't imagine Ogre2 not at worlds. Same with Roybox & Snipedown. If I was told in November one of these teams wasn't going to be at Worlds I would be confused. I think WFX's roster isn't great but I think they are more consistent than dT & Noble who are both top 8 teams according to the seeding. If WFX, NV, or EG get eliminated they get, $0 for competing this year (apart from EG because they at-least won an online cup). They don't get a second chance by going into a losers bracket of some sort. That's bullshit for every team eliminated.

In tournaments, few teams if any have gotten tougher brackets than WFX. In the online qualifiers they have been eliminated by

CLG (Won that tournament) for Top 16

Renegades (Lost to the winners/AE) for Top 16

Liquid (Who lost to the winners/CLG) for Top 8

AE (who won) for Top 16

& CLG (lost to the winners/EG) for top 32

End rant about how shitty this is all ran.

• Upvote (+1) 6

So apparently scaryotics teammates couldn't stand him so they just didn't play vs wfx?

Soooooooo happy these five weeks of hell are finally over, stoked to be repping such a rad org at regionals. Even more excited to buy some snacks, take Feb 7th off work, and watch the bloodbath that's gonna be the LCQ.

• Upvote (+1) 5

That's just how it is though. You don't perform, you don't get paid. It sucks for our favorite teams but they gotta step it up when it matters.

• Upvote (+1) 2

That's just how it is though. You don't perform, you don't get paid. It sucks for our favorite teams but they gotta step it up when it matters.

I know that is how it works. WFX performed better than Noble & dT & don't get paid. WFX also did step it up when it mattered (beating EG). Noble or dT didn't do that.

• Upvote (+1) 4

DgT8tVk.jpg

XwE78J6.jpg

We actually had stuff to talk about. It was almost literally a live chat about the games and drama. Very enjoyable, but that's why it was so many pages.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1