CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Yup

These guys got destroyed by Naded and WildCherry's team the other day in a 4v4 h2c tourney. Was really cool seeing them playing again though and getting back into it.

Also I jokingly was confirming naded, goofy, frosty, elumnite on denial in his chat a few days ago and he had a pretty awkward laugh about it like it might not have been far off or maybe right on.

• Upvote (+1) 1

All i see is the same names rotating in ppls minds. You guys pretty much came up with all the different combinations of pros we have seen in S1/S2.

There is lot more old pros that could mix up things. There is gonna be some new faces also. After 343 announces everything when it comes to HWC and HCS, and some tournaments will come along, nothing will stay the same.

This is why I think Spartan is more diciplined. Just needs to work on his objective.

to be fair that was vs a suddoth in a 1v1 and he was entertaining his viewers.

Meeting Spartan IRL and watching him on social media, I don't think I've ever seen a player as excited to be a part of an org as much as he was for TL. I didn't catch his stream last night but reading his twitter feed was heartbreaking. I'm looking forward to a friendly Ninja/Spartan rivalry this season :weback:  :flames:  :flames:  :flames:

You own Winterfox right? Why is it that I only ever see you listed as the team manager? 

Also how did it feel to see the soul of Velocity to EG?

Meeting Spartan IRL and watching him on social media, I don't think I've ever seen a player as excited to be a part of an org as much as he was for TL. I didn't catch his stream last night but reading his twitter feed was heartbreaking. I'm looking forward to a friendly Ninja/Spartan rivalry this season :weback:  :flames:  :flames:  :flames:

Spartan WFX's fourth confirmed?  :ghost:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not to be a Ninja d-rider, but to be fair, that was a friendly 1v1 with one of the Suddoth's when Ninja was always beating on their asses for stream entertainment, and Spartan's triple kill was when he was depressed as fuck. Spartan hardly talked at all or showed any emotion last night. Any other day Spartan would have flipped out as well.

And ninja had like 2k viewers when he done them 1v1s, and they all loved that shit. Just being some good entertainment.

It's why ninja has a fanbase unlike most of the other halo pros, he does silly shit like that which is funny. Even if you do find it stupid.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Not to be a Ninja d-rider, but to be fair, that was a friendly 1v1 with one of the Suddoth's when Ninja was always beating on their asses for stream entertainment, and Spartan's triple kill was when he was depressed as fuck. Spartan hardly talked at all or showed any emotion last night. Any other day Spartan would have flipped out as well.

Yeah, it was not 100% serious...I think Ninja is a great entertainer and one of the best streamers.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Apart from possibly some the Optic guys and Naded/Ninja how many other pro players out there have playing Halo competitively as a full time job now, if any? Also any predictions on how much crowd funding could raise? I know we haven't had the details yet but personally I'd like to see us do 250k Would be good to see the world champs at a nice 1.25 mill +

• Upvote (+1) 4

Apart from possibly some the Optic guys and Naded/Ninja how many other pro players out there have playing Halo competitively as a full time job now, if any? Also any predictions on how much crowd funding could raise? I know we haven't had the details yet but personally I'd like to see us do 250k Would be good to see the world champs at a nice 1.25 mill +

1.25 mill seems like a reasonable prediction for HWC. I'd like to see it higher but it isn't likely atm.

Yes! So much action here yesterday. I'm so excited. Looking like chigwen is going to liquid after all. Don't know why ninja would call Spartan a sub. Spartan outperformed him in every aspect all of season 2.

Interesting move by @@Randa and I'm loving that team and I hope the best for them. That team is going to grind HARD. I know for certain that all of those players are super dedicated. I see top 5 written all over that.

What about Contra though? Prototype? What's going on with Ryan and arkanum? I know they're lurking.

• Upvote (+1) 3

A think we will be able to predict better when we know how much will Req pack cost and what percentage will go to prizepool. I am definitelly gonna buy a couple. Do we know what percentage goes to prizepool from Dota microtransactions ?

A think we will be able to predict better when we know how much will Req pack cost and what percentage will go to prizepool. I am definitelly gonna buy a couple. Do we know what percentage goes to prizepool from Dota microtransactions ?

I believe it's 25% 

I believe it's 25%

Yup according to Dota Reddit TI5 worked like this.

25%= Prizepool = $18.4mill

25%= Taxes = $18.4mill

50%= Valve Profit = $36.8mill

Apart from possibly some the Optic guys and Naded/Ninja how many other pro players out there have playing Halo competitively as a full time job now, if any?

The only other pro player I can think of that is playing Halo competitively/streaming fulltime is Roy. The guy delayed going to nursing school to focus on streaming and playing in the HCS. Safe to say things worked out pretty well for him competitively. He still has room to grow as a streamer, if he really wants to live off of Halo, comfortably. Naded, Ninja, and Flamesword are the only pro players that can afford to play fulltime and not have to depend on tournament money to pay their bills.

Granted Dota 2 is a much more popular game in terms of population and eSports, but I think we will add more than 250k to the prize pool. If they take a percentage from every Req pack sold, I would expect far more. I'm sure people who couldnt care less about HCS will buy these things and probably buy more than 1.

Top youtubers and streamers really need to push REQ packs. Have streams where you buy 100 and open them all. Get hyped when you get something rare. Using their popularity to draw attention to them will seemingly increase the popularity of REQ packs and increase the sales.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

FIFA streamers do pack openings, they are fun to watch for the 1st week and after that they get very repetitive 

Top youtubers and streamers really need to push REQ packs. Have streams where you buy 100 and open them all. Get hyped when you get something rare. Using their popularity to draw attention to them will seemingly increase the popularity of REQ packs and increase the sales.

First 343 has to manage to get stuff into those packs that gets you exited!

Those skins we have seen so far look rather boring to me

They need to make sure there are some amazing looking skins with low drop rates though. If everything has an equal chance then someones gonna open 5 of them for every 100 and it really wont be that exciting. Need REQ reward rarity for some things.

This is why I think Spartan is more diciplined. Just needs to work on his objective.

Lol. You do realize that Spartan is normally a super emotional, get hyped sort of player? Like just as much, if not more so, than Ninja. The night of that clip he was in a terrible mood bc he had just learned he was dropped, and so he wasn't really reacting to anything.

Idk who's more disciplined but those contrasting clips certainly aren't indicative of anything.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Lol. You do realize that Spartan is normally a super emotional, get hyped sort of player? Like just as much, if not more so, than Ninja. The night of that clip he was in a terrible mood bc he had just learned he was dropped, and so he wasn't really reacting to anything.

Idk who's more disciplined but those contrasting clips certainly aren't indicative of anything.

Whenever I've been dropped I've followed it up with an incredible event. I have a really good feeling about his next team. He's gonna shine big time. Extreme lows always force a player to change something and they evolve as a competitor.