CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Glad to see Elevate back in the Halo scene.

Looks like a solid team. Hope Elevate Randa will be a fresh start for the guy so I can like him again. 

Elevate just announced they will have randa, frosty, suspector, and unlegit on their roster for halo 5. Tbh I didn't really see that coming, but it makes sense that elevate would get back into the scene for halo 5. I just hope their team doesn't flop like the season 2 one did

I'm fairly confident 75% of that roster is already together post-Liquid aftermath

Maybe w/ Spartan as a fourth? 

FWIW, I think Spartan has more potential than Ninja. Better attitude, and grinds more. 

Maybe w/ Spartan as a fourth? 

FWIW, I think Spartan has more potential than Ninja. Better attitude, and grinds more. 

Agreed, regarding Potential.

I also think Spartan's weaknesses as a player are far easier to fix, since they're primarily related to his positioning.  Hell, a different spawn system in Halo 5 could make his weakness a lot less impactful than it would've been in H4/H2A.

Wait, is the Elevate Frosty the Frosty that was on eXcellence or the other one?

(Someone needs to change their username. This is ridiculous tbh.)

• Upvote (+1) 4

Agreed.

He's the Frosty that teamed with the Sudds at GFG + got top 3 at the FFA in St. Louis

He's not the Frosty that is SneakEBeaver (?)'s brother and played on Active Rush back in the day.

idk how to double quote on mobile but yeah you and cyren are right and people don't understand the business aspect of things and with a scene like esports that isn't stable and your income fluctuates this should never be your main source of income. Look at lxthul, he has the most h2a wins and he's still doing slave work.

I feel like he could quit if he wanted, (I probably would at this point) it might be sketchy, but yeah living off of tournament winnings alone is a terrible idea. 

Thats why the whole COD scene does youtube content.

At this point I'm 99% certain Chigwen are on TL. The big question mark for me is their fourth.

I'm gonna guess Legit - lots of experience with both Ninja & Mikwen, and will probably come back for H5. 

Edit: Also, who was Naded playing with recently? El Town & Goofy?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Good lord, it's a fucken business guys. A lot of the pros are now in their young to mid 20's and with a big prize pool coming soon they need this for an income. You are going to have to sacrifice some relationships to be on a top team. I'm not saying go full Frank Underwood, but I'm sure a lot of you know what I mean.

The Team Liquid team put out for Season 2 was a scrape of a barrel team of players left that didn't perform well towards the end of S2. I doubt anyone thought they would stick together going into Halo 5: Guardians.

If you want to have friends and sleepovers and shit go for it, if you want to be the best, go get a team and grind this shit out at launch in October and stop with the high school relationship drama crap.

I don't know how it went down with the dropping, and I'm not defending Ninja but reading that comment made me legit cringe.

tumblr_mu41vqWryB1sp7ha5o1_500.gif

• Upvote (+1) 6

I think the new Elevate team is downgrade for Randa. Nothing agianst the other players on Elevate however Randa went from teaming with top 4 potential to up and comers.

Hopefully it pans out for everyone.

Good lord, it's a fucken business guys. A lot of the pros are now in their young to mid 20's and with a big prize pool coming soon they need this for an income. You are going to have to sacrifice some relationships to be on a top team. I'm not saying go full Frank Underwood, but I'm sure a lot of you know what I mean.

The Team Liquid team put out for Season 2 was a scrape of a barrel team of players left that didn't perform well towards the end of S2. I doubt anyone thought they would stick together going into Halo 5: Guardians.

If you want to have friends and sleepovers and shit go for it, if you want to be the best, go get a team and grind this shit out at launch in October and stop with the high school relationship drama crap.

I don't know how it went down with the dropping, and I'm not defending Ninja but reading that comment made me legit cringe.

I remember in one of Walshy's "Halo Histories" he talked about how having a good time played a big part in deciding who to team with. I understand the whole its a business thing. However I think the way teams mesh and friendships play a huge role in the success of a team and formation of teams.

I think we can say for certain that some players will not team with each other b/c of personality issues. If it was truly just a business then players would team with the best players regardless of personal feelings.

However players do factor in how they get along with each other. I think its a balance between teaming with people you like and making the best possible team that has  shot at winning.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I think the new Elevate team is downgrade for Randa. Nothing agianst the other players on Elevate however Randa went from teaming with top 4 potential to up and comers.

Hopefully it pans out for everyone.

That's true, but you can't really say there were any available rosters that would be an upgrade for him, or that he's earned a BETTER position based off Winterfox's performance.  Winterfox stayed middle of the pro pack and didn't really contest the big three.

To me, this new eLevate roster looks like a slayer-loaded team that's going to blow up after an event or two... basically a situation like being any of the Suddoths' teammates... you're there to compete and show what you do in-game while waiting to be picked up by a superior roster... but instead of sitting out an event, you're going and competing to PROVE your worth, rather than kicking dirt and saying you're better than how people are viewing you.

I remember in one of Walshy's "Halo Histories" he talked about how having a good time played a big part in deciding who to team with. I understand the whole its a business thing. However I think the way teams mesh and friendships play a huge role in the success of a team and formation of teams.

I think we can say for certain that some players will not team with each other b/c of personality issues. If it was truly just a business then players would team with the best players regardless of personal feelings.

However players do factor in how they get along with each other. I think its a balance between teaming with people you like and making the best possible team that has shot at winning.

With the exception of Optic(this may change if Ace leaves)any player that has won or at least tasted a chance for Top 3 is not going to be happy if their team is constantly underperforming to their standards. Egos play a huge part with most of these big team changes. Friendships mean nothing if you're not in a winning position.

So many people saying they already know the new teams, but won't say. Why? Just tell us.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So many people saying they already know the new teams, but won't say. Why? Just tell us.

Waiting for Orgs to announce / contracts to be signed.

Because there's no Richard Lewis writing for DailyDot Halo eSports to leak team changes early.

Don't wanna get fined by the org they are signed under probably.

Don't wanna get fined by the org they are signed under probably.

But think of all the +Rep Beyond Karma! 

Totally worth the fine.  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1