CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Oh my god.. TL breaks up, Aries is starting his own squad, and old players coming back! This has been an exciting week!

I'm really interested in hearing more details about the whole TL breakup. We'll have to wait and see.  :ghost:

How many times, teams, tournaments and games are people gonna give Ninja the benefit of the doubt until they realize there's a fundamental flaw in how Ninja plays Halo. 

Literally the game before last Ninja won a couple of tournaments. Say what you what about the quality of H4 competition, but that sinks your entire premise. H5 will also be much more like H4 than H2A, so you can see why pros might want to team with one of the better players in H4. (which Chig himself said on stream).

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Literally the game before last Ninja won a couple of tournaments. Say what you what about the quality of H4 competition, but that sinks your entire premise. H5 will also be much more like H4 than H2A, so you can see why pros might want to team with one of the better players in H4. (which Chig himself said on stream).

New accounts coming out of the woodworks today.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I fail to see how Halo 4 affects Halo 5. I fail to see how you can just forget H2A ever happened. 

If you, him, and every other Ninja fan wants to keep ignoring it and living in the clouds then don't act so upset when the same shit happens over and over again like in H2A lol. 

Change needs to happen, not clinging on to new hope because "its different" or "because Halo 4".

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I fail to see how Halo 4 affects Halo 5. I fail to see how you can just forget H2A ever happened.

If you, him, and every other Ninja fan wants to keep ignoring it and living in the clouds then don't act so upset when the same shit happens over and over again like in H2A lol.

Change needs to happen, not clinging on to new hope because "its different" or "because Halo 4".

So one game can make someone straight up bad? Makes perfect sense...

While I totally agree that TL needed a change, this one was radical. If TL higher-ups thought that Ninja was the way to go, then so be it. Let him form his own team and that's that.

I really feel for Spartan. I remember months ago hoping for the Ninja + Spartan duo and then Ninja went to Noble Black. I was crushed, but when TL came around I was pumped. I felt that they needed more time together as a team, but since they were formed so late, they were always behind. I had hope for them in H5 because of Ninja and Spartan's styles with sprint and abilities. A lot of people thought that too. Its a damn shame that we won't be able to see that. 

But just to confirm, Season 3 is crazy, and makes me even more excited for it to begin. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

So one game can make someone straight up bad? Makes perfect sense...

It's like you're not even reading what I'm saying. 

It has nothing to do with skill, it's his stubborn aggression. He thinks he's either too good or just doesn't listen to any advice given to him. He's been told time and time again to not make mindless pushes on multiple teams and still does it anyways. He was just as bad at Lockout TS at the end of Season 2 as he was at the beginning of Season 1. 

I don't know how to make it any clearer for you guys, but It's gonna be funny seeing people place their ridiculous predictions every tourney, every season again in Halo 5 only to have their dreams crushed. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Vin going in right now. Shots fired. Take cover.

I just want to make it clear: I really like Ninja. Great personality, great streamer, good guy... BUT I'm tired of the overrating and blaming of everybody else BUT Ninja.

He has mechanical and attitude issues he needs to fix rather than just dropping people or going from team to team expecting something different.

It's the same issues whether he's on C9, Liquid, or w/e. Shit won't change unless he does. 

"Great guy, but he sucks at Halo"

SHOTS FIRED.  :kappa:

He doesn't "suck" at Halo. He's skilled, he just needs to fix how he plays strategically/mentally. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

"Great guy, but he sucks at Halo"

SHOTS FIRED. :kappa:

He doesn't "suck" at Halo. He's skilled, he just needs to fix how he plays strategically/mentally. 

I know. I'm just messin around...

No but seriously, there's no room for niceties in Halo. Stahp it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Pretty confident that Chig and Mikwen are involved in this TL situation in some way or another. Ninja wouldn't drop the entire team if he didn't have some solid options. However unless its Chig Mikwen and Naded or some other great 4th, I would have kept Spartan. So my guess right now is

Ninja Naded Chig Mikwen

If its not Brett, next guess would be Ace.

• Upvote (+1) 1

New accounts coming out of the woodworks today.

What? Been reading these forums for years now. Just now felt his ridiculous comments warranted a response.

1. I've been subbed to Roy for almost a year now, I'm a big EG fan.

2. You can argue Ninja is terrible all you want, I don't really care. That's not what I'm arguing against.

3. Your main premise was just plain wrong. Regardless of what happens in H5, it doesn't matter as it relates to this discussion.

4. I haven't forgoten about H2A at all, I think just it's funny that your argument implied that over multiple title/games Ninja hasn't succeed at all, which is plain not true. I fail to see how you can forget H4 ever happened.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Naded said on his stream last night that he likes Ninja but doesn't think they will mesh together well if they team again. That could have just been him throwing smokescreens but Brett isn't typically one to do that. We'll just have to wait and see.

I expected TL to make a change, but not to this extent. Ninja's team must already be set for this to happen so suddenly. The only possible replacements that would make sense is for Chigwen to join TL. As I mentioned earlier in this thread about Naded being a gamble for any winning team, Ninja is an even bigger risk. I've said this since S1, Ninja needs to stop playing so damn aggressive against other pro teams "all the time". The problem with Ninja's playstyle is that he assumes every person he plays has the same mindset as MM players which never works against top 8 teams on LAN and is too stubborn to realize it. About 90% of the time since the beginning of S1, Ninja would have the most deaths on any team he was on. He probably looks his deaths and says to himself, "well, I'm playing unselfishly so that's good." I hope the players that join TL can work a miracle and teach Ninja how to play Halo the right way, at a pro level. He has the skill and the attitude, that's about it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What? Been reading these forums for years now. Just now felt his ridiculous comments warranted a response.

1. I've been subbed to Roy for almost a year now, I'm an big EG fan.

2. You can argue Ninja is terrible all you want, I don't really care. That's not what I'm arguing against.

3. Your main premise was just plain wrong. Regardless of what happens in H5, it doesn't matter as it relates to this discussion.

4. I haven't forgoten about H2A at all, I think just it's funny that your argument implied that over multiple title/games Ninja hasn't succeed at all, which is plain not true. I fail how you can see how you can forget H4 ever happened.

My "games" really only applied to MCC/H2A and the upcoming H5. The most recent season showed he doesn't learn from his mistakes. That's all I meant. 

I'm in the same court as Vin -- I like Ninja as a guy, and he very much deserves his success as a streamer.  But as an analyst, I can't ignore the fundamental flaws in his gameplay that hold him back as a competitor.  They're all completely fixable, but they require him to sit down and say "I want to fix these."

100%

Therein lies the problem and it needs to be addressed. 

I'm going to make a comparison to LoL to perhaps put it into perpsective.

And that's where I lost you. Can you put it back into Halo terms?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Pretty confident that Chig and Mikwen are involved in this TL situation in some way or another. Ninja wouldn't drop the entire team if he didn't have some solid options. However unless its Chig Mikwen and Naded or some other great 4th, I would have kept Spartan. So my guess right now is

Ninja Naded Chig Mikwen

If its not Brett, next guess would be Ace.

I don't think it's Naded. He said yesterday that he doesn't think Ninja and him would make a good team, not that they aren't friends just that they ultimately wouldn't work well together.

And that's where I lost you. Can you put it back into Halo terms?

Two dudes in or near cover shooting at each other

Ninja will keep staring at cover until other dude's teammate kills him / he kills dude in cover / one of Ninja's teammates kill dude / dude kills Ninja (i.e. that specific battle is resolved)

Better players will sometimes leave dude in cover and either back down and recover / push somewhere else / not fight back in the first place if they're down shots. (i.e. not worry about that specific battle and remember there are 8 players on the field, not 2)

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just caught up and holy moly boys. Thought you were all a bit smarter than this.

Firstly, lol at you guys making it seem like mikwen and chig desperately needed an org and would cling to ninja to get to liquid. I'm certain they can do just fine on their own, they have been at the top for the last two seasons of halo.

Secondly, I agree with Randa, Contra is literally the best breakout (mind you I won't argue with the choice of Spartan cause he really has shown up). However I don't see the two of them forming together for a team because their personalities would clash for sure.

This is getting good. Too bad there are still a few months left before things are set in stone