CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

El town doesn't seem to be good brand. His social media presence and language on stream probably isn't what TL would look for assuming above Ginger post is correct.

• Upvote (+1) 1

:intel: Possible teams after todays shitstorm :

Naded Str8 Sick Goofy Ninja 

Aries Shooter Arkanum (possibly someone from EX??)

Hysteria Munoz Bman SK 

Spartan Contra Randa ?

Chig Mikwen Ryanoob ?

Formal Ola heinz Apg 

1. As Liquid? Doubt it. Naded, Str8 Sick, Goofy is a possibility. Ninja and Goofy don't get along when teaming (they were at each others throats every game before Ninja left for Noble). 

2. Arkanum is aiming to win. I think he envisions himself as a top tier player and want's to team with established pros. Aries and Shooter aren't proven top players at this point.

3. SK is washed. Because Randa said that you assume Hysteria would just up and team with 3/4 of a Triggers Down team where Bman and SK haven't seriously played Halo in a couple years? And then add Munoz to the fold? Huh?

4. Contra hates Randa. He isn't shy about why he left WinterFox. I could see Spartan, Shooter, Contra, Aries.

5. From the sounds of things Chig and Mikwen could either be teaming with Naded or Ninja. Or both. I could also see Mikwen, Chig, Naded, Arkanum here. 

6. Yes, that is the anticipated roster. I hope they go as Optic Gaming, considering they would be the better team to rep the org. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

If ninja teams with Vic x and fearitself again I can't be a fan of his

I don't think vic x would waste his time again. Hysteria and FiS definantly wouldn't

Sad to see the team breakup, usually I would support TL over most teams because I like the organisation but if they've allowed Ninja to boot the other players even before a single minute of competitive H5 has been played, I can't say I'm impressed.  Hopefully Spartan finds a good team, I like watching his streams and I think he could be a really top level player with the correct team around him,

Shooter and Aries don't really seem to offer much as far as branding.

As for Spartan, given the offer to keep him on as a sub, I assume Liquid (the person and the org) understood Spartan's value as a commodity, but still wanted to give their hotter commodity (Ninja) full roster control to ensure they kept him going into H5.

Spartan really shouldn't take the sub offer as an insult, regardless of how much it hurts.  It shows that Liquid really understand his value as a personality in the community, as an up-and-coming player, and in terms of talent if he ends up on a rival team.

If the rosters play out the way I expect, I think Spartan will actually outplace Ninja/Liquid at the first major H5 event.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I wouldn't mind Ace leaving Optic. I think Optic can find a more suitable 4th.

Rooting for Optic most of last year, I just didn't feel like Ace was bringing it.

• Downvote (-1) 3

If the rosters play out the way I expect, I think Spartan will actually outplace Ninja/Liquid at the first major H5 event.

How do you expect the rosters to play out?

I wouldn't mind Ace leaving Optic. I think Optic can find a more suitable 4th.

Rooting for Optic most of last year, I just didn't feel like Ace was bringing it.

But ace is their best player

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

But ace is their best player

Ace puts up good stats often.  He plays too passively for my tastes.

I think that'll be a detriment come H5.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Ace puts up good stats often. He plays too passively for my tastes.

I think that'll be a detriment come H5.

More of a product of the rest of his team taking his spotlight. Give him room to be aggressive on any other team and he'll shine.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Shooter and Aries don't really seem to offer much as far as branding.

As for Spartan, given the offer to keep him on as a sub, I assume Liquid (the person and the org) understood Spartan's value as a commodity, but still wanted to give their hotter commodity (Ninja) full roster control to ensure they kept him going into H5.

Spartan really shouldn't take the sub offer as an insult, regardless of how much it hurts.  It shows that Liquid really understand his value as a personality in the community, as an up-and-coming player, and in terms of talent if he ends up on a rival team.

You are putting organizations in far too professional a light. Especially when Halo organizations don't pay Halo players like they do in Starcraft, LoL, or even COD.

Why would any Halo player choose to be a sub? EG, Denial, and CLG barely make enough in tournament winnings as it is. If Liquid were to pay Spartan a salary for sitting on the bench great. But as Halo sits, being a sub for an organization gets you nothing. 

So yes, when Ninja, someone on a organization that isn't even considered top tier asks you to be a sub, its insulting. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

EG, Denial, and CLG barely make enough in tournament winnings as it is.

The orgs don't make money off the tournament winnings anyway.

They make money off sponsors.

You know how you get sponsors?

1) Win / Be the Best

2) Be a face like Ninja / Spartan who bring in eyeballs on Twitch

• Upvote (+1) 1

The orgs don't make money off the tournament winnings anyway.

They make money off sponsors.

No, no. You're missing my point. 

Organizations are taking a chance on Halo teams because they envision the possibility of it eventually being as big of an FPS as COD.

Of course the orgs themselves don't make money off tournament winnings, they make money off the hype that their team gets for winning because it grows the brand. When I said EG, Denial, and CLG barely make enough money as it is I meant the players. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Team changes suck but I do agree something needed to be changed about our team. With that said I look forward too making my own team that is actually good at halo :)

Damn.

shots-fired-o.gif

• Upvote (+1) 2

1. As Liquid? Doubt it. Naded, Str8 Sick, Goofy is a possibility. Ninja and Goofy don't get along when teaming (they were at each others throats every game before Ninja left for Noble).

2. Arkanum is aiming to win. I think he envisions himself as a top tier player and want's to team with established pros. Aries and Shooter aren't proven top players at this point.

3. SK is washed. Because Randa said that you assume Hysteria would just up and team with 3/4 of a Triggers Down team where Bman and SK haven't seriously played Halo in a couple years? And then add Munoz to the fold? Huh?

4. Contra hates Randa. He isn't shy about why he left WinterFox. I could see Spartan, Shooter, Contra, Aries.

5. From the sounds of things Chig and Mikwen could either be teaming with Naded or Ninja. Or both. I could also see Mikwen, Chig, Naded, Arkanum here.

6. Yes, that is the anticipated roster. I hope they go as Optic Gaming, considering they would be the better team to rep the org.

I'm not the OP of the predictions you quoted but I just wanna defend some of what he said.

1. Fair enough. I agree with that point.

2. Arkanum is good friends with Aries and Shooter. I don't see any reason why he wouldn't team with them assuming he doesn't already have something lined up.

3. There is a reason people are including SK and Best Man in predictions. Best Man's been playing H3 with Hysteria and other pros for some time now. He seems interested in returning and he's posted on these forums hinting at it. SK, while I haven't seen him actually play Halo with anyone yet, has also straight up said he's looking to come back for H5. Both SK and Best Man are good friends with Hysteria, which is why its speculated that if they do return they'll likely try and team with him.

Munoz isn't just randomly added there either. Hysteria and Munoz have been gaming a lot this off season (along with Best Man).

4. I don't know if Contra hates Randa but Randa was literally just praising Contra a few pages back so it's not that farfetched.

5. Naded and Arkanum teaming won't happen.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm not the OP of the predictions you quoted but I just wanna defend some of what he said.

1. Fair enough. I agree with that point.

2. Arkanum is good friends with Aries and Shooter. I don't see any reason why he wouldn't team with them assuming he doesn't already have something lined up.

3. There is a reason people are including SK and Best Man in predictions. Best Man's been playing H3 with Hysteria and other pros for some time now. He seems interested in returning and he's posted on these forums hinting at it. SK, while I haven't seen him actually play Halo with anyone yet, has also straight up said he's looking to come back for H5. Both SK and Best Man are good friends with Hysteria, which is why its speculated that if they do return they'll likely try and team with him.

Munoz isn't just randomly added there either. Hysteria and Munoz have been gaming a lot this off season (along with Best Man).

4. I don't know if Contra hates Randa but Randa was literally just praising Contra a few pages back so it's not that farfetched.

5. Naded and Arkanum teaming won't happen.

That's cool. I like a good discussions :)

I asked Arkanum the other day if he thinks he's a top player. He said that players have been doubting him for years and that he believes he belongs in the conversation of a top tier player. I know they are friends but being friends doesn't give a top level player the shot he believes he deserves at winning.

I think SK has proven that he is good when it comes to slow pace games without sprint or AA's. When Reach dropped he really struggled adjusting to the mechanics. Same with Halo 4, I mean he teamed on Reality Check for gods sake. Munoz is a good player I'm sure but good enough to team with established guys? Guess we'll find out. 

Contra told me in his stream that the reason he left Winterfox was because of Randa. He said he couldn't stand him.

You could right about Naded and Arkanum. I don't know. One thing I do know is the roster looks pretty good and its better than the roster they had with WFX. Maybe a change of scenery for both Naded and Arkanum could bring them together and get both of them their first wins. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Team changes suck but I do agree something needed to be changed about our team. With that said I look forward too making my own team that is actually good at halo :)

Playing for 1m+$$$ now dawg.

No more being friendly, make the best team you can and give it all you got. 

GL next season. 

Updated the OP the best I could, some players are saying their back for Halo 5, not sure if it's 100% yet but did add them to F/A.

Feel free to correct me if wrong, please don't take the list to heart just yet.

Chig and Mikwen downgrading so hard would be really sad. They were just on a team that took a series off EG and damn near took another at finals.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Chig and Mikwen downgrading so hard would be really sad. They were just on a team that took a series off EG and damn near took another at finals.

If they'd just join WFX, that'd be an awesome squad. Too bad about the bad blood from S1...

not sure if they are players worth listing at the moment, but I think Gunshot and Eli the Ninja are coming back for h5

2 of my favorite montages of all

• Upvote (+1) 5