CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

The way I see it is H2A and H5 are completely different games. Like, completely and utterly not even close. So making all these team changes are abit iffy imo. Build a team bond and see how you go season 1.

I think Ninja is a better player in the Reach/Halo 4 and now Halo 5 games with sprint and abilities, he's creative and uses them well.

Aries and Shooter kind of made there name in them games to I believe. I honestly think they all have talent and would of all improved coming into a sprint game. Strange decision but at the same time if Ninja got a DM from a big, experienced pro then I can understand.

He surly has something lined up after making this move.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Question for yall: Do team changes ever come from "the top", such as an Org/sponsor saying.... "hmmm let's do some rearranging" and start dropping people? Or do the players always decide amongst themselves? Seems like the latter is more common, but as a business practice I couldn't see Orgs letting that fly in their contracts by basically allowing a bunch of 20-somethings rearrange their fates on a whim or when friendships go sour.

This is all karma for not linking by HCS Pro Player Awards on twitter @@Spartan

I kid, best of luck finding a team.

Stuff about to get crazy :intel:

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Just made this account how do I post the popcorn gifs and cloud 9 construction pictures? Kappa

You gotta earn the right to dank memes at Meme Beyond, man.

Season 3 is crazy. I can't wait until October.

Some (crazy) speculation:

EG: No changes
CLG: No changes
Denial: Elumnite - Aries - ? - ?
C9: Hysteria - SK - Bestman - ?
WFX: Chigwen - Arkanum - Ryanoob
Optic Gaming: No changes
TL: Ninja - VicX - FiS - ?
Optic Nation: Formal - Ola - aPG - Heinz

Also, Arkanum got a [Prototype] twitter avatar, Arkanum to team with Prototype CONFIRMED.  :intel:  :kappa:

Just caught from sleeping and wow. I'm surprised everyone's surprised the 7th seeded team broke up.

Ninja/Spartan may have been besties, but this is a business. And the current Team Liquid was not working out. It only made sense to change things up.

And where was it confirmed Ninja was the one deciding this? He may have dropped the news to his team, but it's very possible Team Liquid saw the low placings, saw the high-market Free Agents coming back to Halo 5, and decided to make some changes.

And keep the only player with extremely high twitch numbers cause, Advertising.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Similar to last post, I'm not sure why Spartan had to go, other than the bro thing being overblown, but Shooter and Aries didn't rep the brand very well. They were good players of course, but they didn't stream or tweet about their sponsors much and these orgs need their players repping them all the time.

GL to everyone!

Who's on the new team?!

Elamite coming out of coaching? Only time will tell... on, As the HCS turns....

I feel like, yeah, Chigwen to join Ninja would be an upgrade for Ninja, however, it would be a big downgrade for Chigwen, I'd rather see Chigwen join Arkanum and possibly Ryanoob.

Like another poster pointed out, Ninja will probably be a lot better at H5 than H2A. Suits him better. Obviously it's just speculation, but I'm sure pro players who are considering teaming together for H5 are thinking about stuff like this too.

Just caught from sleeping and wow. I'm surprised everyone's surprised the 7th seeded team broke up.

Ninja/Spartan may have been besties, but this is a business. And the current Team Liquid was not working out. It only made sense to change things up.

And where was it confirmed Ninja was the one deciding this? He may have dropped the news to his team, but it's very possible Team Liquid saw the low placings, saw the high-market Free Agents coming back to Halo 5, and decided to make some changes.

Pretty sure that Spartan explicitly said that "Ninja dropped all 3 of us." Also, it wouldn't really make sense for Spartan to be this upset at Ninja if it wasn't Ninja's decision.

Interesting to hear Ninja's brother essentially saying that Ninja and Spartan weren't as good of friends as people think.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Like another poster pointed out, Ninja will probably be a lot better at H5 than H2A. Suits him better. Obviously it's just speculation, but I'm sure pro players who are considering teaming together for H5 are thinking about stuff like this too.

How many times, teams, tournaments and games are people gonna give Ninja the benefit of the doubt until they realize there's a fundamental flaw in how Ninja plays Halo. 

He needs to stop looking at everybody else and what they could be doing differently or who would be a better combination of players, and instead, look at his attitude and how he plays.

All season long people told him to stop playing so mindlessly aggressive and making these nonsensical pushes just dying over and over again. Nothing changed from when he got dropped from C9 till he was still making ridiculously "off" plays during S2 finals. 

At some point he's gotta start learning from his mistakes. Playing a lot of Halo 5 won't change much, similar to how grinding H2A didn't change much either.

Much love and respect to the guy for being a great streamer and great guy, but in terms of professional play, he needs a miracle to win an H5 event. 

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 2

How many times, teams, tournaments and games are people gonna give Ninja the benefit of the doubt until they realize there's a fundamental flaw in how Ninja plays Halo. 

He needs to stop looking at everybody else and what they could be doing differently or who would be a better combination of players, and instead, look at his attitude and how he plays.

All season long people told him to stop playing so mindlessly aggressive and making these nonsensical pushes just dying over and over again. Nothing changed from when he got dropped from C9 till he was still making ridiculously "off" plays during S2 finals. 

At some point he's gotta start learning from his mistakes. Playing a lot of Halo 5 won't change much, similar to how grinding H2A didn't change much either.

Much love and respect to the guy for being a great streamer and great guy, but in terms of professional play, he needs a miracle to win an H5 event. 

Agree to some extent about what he needs to do to improve. Not really sure what you mean about people constantly giving him the benefit of the doubt, though. Feel like the vast majority of TB posters think he's terrible. But obviously pro players have a somewhat different opinion of him, since he keeps landing on decent teams (Assuming the new one he has put together is solid). For instance, Chig just sort of defended Ninja from people in his chat saying he was bad.

Also...he did win several H4 events. And H5 gameplay seems closer to H4 than to H2A. So I don't see how saying he will prob be better at H5 than H2A is wrong.

EDIT: Chig just said "Ninja is a good Halo player. He was one of the best back when he teamed with Dersky. I think he'll be really good in H5."

• Upvote (+1) 1

Agree to some extent about what he needs to do to improve. Not really sure what you mean about people constantly giving him the benefit of the doubt, though. Feel like the vast majority of TB posters think he's terrible. But obviously pro players have a somewhat different opinion of him, since he keeps landing on decent teams (Assuming the new one he has put together is solid). For instance, Chig just sort of defended Ninja from people in his chat saying he was bad.

Also...he did win several H4 events. And H5 gameplay seems closer to H4 than to H2A. So I don't see how saying he will prob be better at H5 than H2A is wrong.

Ninja is a highly skilled Halo player. It was never his skill that's the issue. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ninja probably already has some kind of team lined up, and Mikwen confirmed that it doesn't include him/Chig. They won't their mind changing regarding that because they're in another league compared to Ninja, and they said they already have other Org plans set up.

Mikwen said it would be "news" to him if he was on TL.

Yea that sounds like deflecting to me. He probably technically isn't on the team yet due to contractual stuff. Chig also hasn't denied it. If they aren't teaming with him, idk why they wouldn't just say "We aren't teaming with him."

• Upvote (+1) 1

Liquid usually isn't one for dropping players for results reasons.

They're always more concerned about community interaction and behaving in a professional manner to carry their brand.

At least that's how it is with SC2 and was with Dota (until the team imploded because they were acting stupid.)

Sad to see the team breakup, usually I would support TL over most teams because I like the organisation but if they've allowed Ninja to boot the other players even before a single minute of competitive H5 has been played, I can't say I'm impressed.  Hopefully Spartan finds a good team, I like watching his streams and I think he could be a really top level player with the correct team around him,

I wouldn't be terribly surprised if Team Liquid were to absorb the remaining eXcellence roster. Ninja and eL_Town have played a lot together and seem to have a really good dynamic.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not surprised at them breaking up. Just surprised about how it happened. Well, for me at least. 

Some (crazy) speculation:

EG: No changes

CLG: No changes

Denial: Elumnite - Aries - ? - ?

C9: Hysteria - SK - Bestman - ?

WFX: Chigwen - Arkanum - Ryanoob

Optic Gaming: No changes

TL: Ninja - VicX - FiS - ?

Optic Nation: Formal - Ola - aPG - Heinz

Also, Arkanum got a [Prototype] twitter avatar, Arkanum to team with Prototype CONFIRMED. :intel::kappa:

If ninja teams with Vic x and fearitself again I can't be a fan of his