CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Mikwen was going to bring the nV org to Leftovers.

But then Ogre2 asked to team with Mikwen, knowing that he was on Leftovers.

If Ogre2 hadn't offered, Mikwen would have stayed on Leftovers.

Unless that's not how it happened.

It could've happened where Ogre2 joined Ola, and Mikwen saw that just decided to leave?

We need more info.  :apg:

I think you are making a TON of assumptions on the timeline and how things went down.

Mikwen shouldn't have said he was committed to Leftovers, he already said that much. The way I've read it is that Mikwen wasn't going to be happy with the team that nV was going to end up as. Spot opens on Leftovers. Bunch of people tried to get it (Ogre2, Mikwen, etc). Mikwen was the pick. That changed at some point, but we don't really know why or when. My guess is Ogre2 to nV became a possibility after Ogre2 wasn't going to Leftovers, convo starts up with Ola, Mikwen see's the potential nV team at this point and changes his mind.

Mikwen was the one that made the mistake by committing to Leftovers if he wasn't 100% sure, but hindsight is 20/20. In the end I don't see how any of that is Ogre2 being shady.

And what makes you say Mikwen would have taken the EnvyUs brand to Leftovers?

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I wouldn't think the GOAT would commit if these guys didn't at least say they were gunna go HAM. Definitely liking them too

Inclined to agree with this in principle. But let's be honest, he was in a situation where he had to quickly choose his best option and had been refused from Leftovers. I'm actually really happy with this lineup, seeing 2gre and Ola back together is great, plus I really like both Mikwen and Arkanum. But it's not like the ball was totally in 2gre's court here, so lets hope they do put in the time and gel as a team. I think having Arkanum on board will be a real asset for drive, tbh.

Isn't that the guy that recently falsely accused an old man that streams runescape of being a rapist that was just released from prison had people talking mad shit to this poor old man and then turned out to be completely wrong about all of it? Talk about paying attention to old games. Oh and looking like a total fool too. Glad he has nothing to do with Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Isn't that the guy that falsely accused an old man that streams runescape of being a rapist that was just released from prison and turned out to be completely wrong? Talk about paying attention to old games. Oh and looking like a total fool too. Glad he has nothing to do with Halo.

Yep, that's him alright. The VOD of the guy being harassed was heartbreaking. 

Thankfully, the Internet righted the wrong and people came around to his side once everyone realized Keemstar is full of shit.

Isn't that the guy that recently falsely accused an old man that streams runescape of being a rapist that was just released from prison had people talking mad shit to this poor old man and then turned out to be completely wrong about all of it? Talk about paying attention to old games. Oh and looking like a total fool too. Glad he has nothing to do with Halo.

He's also the guy who became known through the "Federation of Asshole Gamers", also known as, and I'm not kidding, [email protected]

That dude lives near me. Glad he's not around this community anymore, good riddance 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I for one am glad 2gre didn't end up on leftovers. I like the nv squad more. Only thing that's disappointing is nv not going to xgames. To be honest I don't have much desire in watching it anymore except for the EG vs CLG series. Been a 2gre fanboy since I was 14 and tournaments without him don't really interest me.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I think you are making a TON of assumptions on the timeline and how things went down.

Mikwen shouldn't have said he was committed to Leftovers, he already said that much. The way I've read it is that Mikwen wasn't going to be happy with the team that nV was going to end up as. Spot opens on Leftovers. Bunch of people tried to get it (Ogre2, Mikwen, etc). Mikwen was the pick. That changed at some point, but we don't really know why or when. My guess is Ogre2 to nV became a possibility after Ogre2 wasn't going to Leftovers, convo starts up with Ola, Mikwen see's the potential nV team at this point and changes his mind.

Mikwen was the one that made the mistake by committing to Leftovers if he wasn't 100% sure, but hindsight is 20/20. In the end I don't see how any of that is Ogre2 being shady.

And what makes you say Mikwen would have taken the EnvyUs brand to Leftovers?

It was either Ninja or Spartan that said they told Ogre 2 no because they had Mikwen. Then Mikwen backed out. It wasn't a bunch of people trying to get it

• Downvote (-1) 2

With all decisions made this week in mind, I would say leftover not going to optic is the dumbest choice.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 2

With all decisions made this week in mind, I would say leftover not going to optic is the dumbest choice.

Why? For all you know they have TSM or someone lined up. We definitely don't have enough information about their org situation to make any claim like that.

The only thing I can think of is they already have an org, but can't announce due to all the roster changes

It was either Ninja or Spartan that said they told Ogre 2 no because they had Mikwen. Then Mikwen backed out. It wasn't a bunch of people trying to get it

I already know this (fyi it was Spartan on throopers show). Ogre2 and Mikwen tried to get the spot from the sounds of it. We don't know if anyone else did (eventually it was Stellur sooo). Maybe me saying "bunch of people" was the wrong wording...but so what, that literally wasn't the point of my post.

Nah. Just FS and Maniac

Funny how the worst two on Optic were two guys who are the only two real Optic members.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Why? For all you know they have TSM or someone lined up. We definitely don't have enough information about their org situation to make any claim like that.

If they had TSM then I could at least see why, so if that's the case I'll take that statement back. But in terms of opening doors to having the option to have a successful youtube channel, biggest fanbase, and be good for the scene in general(let's be honest, halo needs viewers, and a good optic team could realistically double our average), I can't understand the decision.