CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

You're under simplifying it. If they go to the house and make an impression (see: Assault), they will "gain fans". Assault went from a few thousand views on his videos to however many you said. He has also been streaming for a ton of viewers the last few days. Yes, a lot of that is because of roster mania, but if he was on ANY OTHER TEAM besides optic, he wouldn't be sitting there with 500+ viewers on twitch no matter how big rostermania gets. Ninja, who's already very big on twitch and very entertaining could easily go from 1K viewers to 3-4K viewers if he made a big enough impression while at the Optic house for a week. 

The occasional VLOG I just threw on there as basically a "keep people updated and in the loop about what's going on with optic halo". I bet you all of their streams would double in size at minimum if they joined Optic. 

Being on a good team instead of a bottom feeder would also get more Optic fans interested in Halo.

I don't see how you're arguing that they would make more money streaming if they joined optic than they are now...

Eh...Assault had that many views because no other streamer was on...

Man. I always thought Ninja would have been perfect for Optic. He has the type of personality that their fanbase would have 100% embraced and he has the history of making content. Sad that it isn't going to happen. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

yeah i really really wonder who WFX will end up with

Feel bad for WFX. Wonder who they're gonna pick up.

Flame and B just said Cloud went to WFX on stream

Just wait until out of nowhere you see Faze ninja.

Nah they have Kampy  :lxthul:

I would love to see Leftovers picked up by Optic. The pros outway the cons IMO. You will instantly grow your fanbase, you will have a much larger viewership on YouTube, you will have a great owner in Hecz. Also, Leftovers is easily a better team than the current Optic Halo squad. You start performing well at tournaments and the Halo fanbase will only grow. You wouldn't have to live in the house, but Ninja and Cam could make a few visits here and there and do some collab stuff. I'm just saying... It's a good opportunity. I understand if Leftovers has something lined up which it seems they do.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Flame and B just said Cloud went to WFX on stream

No. B said that esportspedia has him on the roster.

Esportspedia page also had FIS, Cloud, and Hysteria on optic roster at different points last night.

They update it based on who is scrimming together. 

I just want to know if Renegades backed out. Or if they are just busy getting the Stellur situation sorted (contracts between Optic/RNG) before they make an announcement. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Not quite sold on WFX Cloud... feel like Hysteria (or even Contra) would have been better pickups. Might be too many selfless players on new WFX.

Prove me wrong @@Randa

Not quite sold on WFX Cloud... feel like Hysteria (or even Contra) would have been better pickups. Might be too many selfless players on new WFX.

Prove me wrong @@Randa

Contra JUST signed a contract with Denial. He doesn't want to leave Predevonator it appeared since those two switched teams 100 times and always stayed together.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Assault went from a few thousand views on his videos to however many you said.

Yes, and how many views will he get now that he's back at home? Like I said, those ~50,000 people who watched his videos in the housed didn't even bother to go watch his previous videos that he already had on the channel.  They were interested in seeing him at the house interacting with everyone else.

He has also been streaming for a ton of viewers the last few days. Yes, a lot of that is because of roster mania, but if he was on ANY OTHER TEAM besides optic, he wouldn't be sitting there with 500+ viewers on twitch no matter how big rostermania gets. Ninja, who's already very big on twitch and very entertaining could easily go from 1K viewers to 3-4K viewers if he made a big enough impression while at the 

They'd gain some views.  Neither one of us has any clue how many they would gain.  There is literally no one else streaming (both top Halo streamers AND Optic CoD players) and as you admitted, their roster mess right now is creating a lot of buzz...so please don't use today's streams as some sort of barometer to what would happen on a daily basis.  Flamesword has been in Optic as a key member of the house for like 1.5+ years and he only has ~1,200 viewers right now despite everything I said above (no stream competition, CoD guys not streaming, huge intrigue in their roster situation).  There is no reason to expect Ninja to triple or quadruple in viewers...don't be absurd.  Not even Formal averages ~4,000 and hes' got a million CoD kids behind him.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If FiS doesn't find a spot on WFX or Optic, he's for sure teaming with T2. Hopefully they find some solid teammates. Posey and Juicyfruit maybe

They'd gain some views.  Neither one of us has any clue how many they would gain.  There is literally no one else streaming (both top Halo streamers AND Optic CoD players) and as you admitted, their roster mess right now is creating a lot of buzz...so please don't use today's streams as some sort of barometer to what would happen on a daily basis.  Flamesword has been in Optic as a key member of the house for like 1.5+ years and he only has ~1,200 viewers right now despite everything I said above (no stream competition, CoD guys not streaming, huge intrigue in their roster situation).  There is no reason to expect Ninja to triple or quadruple in viewers...don't be absurd.  Not even Formal averages ~4,000 and hes' got a million CoD kids behind him.

I agree. But people tune in to watch the events when Optic play at events. There are plenty of people who tuned in to watch the new Optic CSGO team who would never have bothered if Optic never joined the scene. And that team is probably average. Just look at the comments in this video by Hecz. You just get the feeling that there are people who want to embrace a good Optic Halo team. It just feels like a missed opportunity given how poorly every OG roster has performed. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

The past 132 pages have been since this hurricane started on the 21st. Holy shit. 

Alright, guys, I'm not gonna be able to check this thread until 9ish EST. If there's not another 30 pages of stuff for me to read, I'm personally going to hold you all responsible and expect at least half a bar of rep in compensation.

Holding out hope for some kind of Optic revival before this whole thing is over.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Alright, guys, I'm not gonna be able to check this thread until 9ish EST. If there's not another 30 pages of stuff for me to read, I'm personally going to hold you all responsible and expect at least half a bar of rep in compensation.

Holding out hope for some kind of Optic revival before this whole thing is over.

If you want 30 more pages then we need @@LethuL to do something crazy again