Sign in to follow this  
supermoc10

What's your CSR so far for Halo 5: Guardians?

I imagined most decent people to be put in Plat, then "50s" being in diamond, and Semi pros, Pros and other "known" people to be in Onyx and Champion. I see a ton of people with negative K/D in Onyx and a bnch of really bad people in  my matches in Champion. Kinda takes away from the whole system IMO.

Team Arena - Champion 150

Team Slayer - Champion 76 

Haven't played the others. I should probably try searching with a real To4 sometime. I have searched alone or with my cousin or with players that are well below my skill level that are basically guaranteed to make me lose games. You can grind out of anything in this game if you want to do it

Halo 5 doesn't work for me. I get disconnected every other game for no reason :(

But my buddy and long time friend made it to champion.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Peaked at Diamond 3 in Team Arena so far, but I haven't played much. Still want to see how far I could go with a solid To4 and time to grind. Reckon I could probably end up somewhere in Onyx.

Plat 1 in Slayer which I've decided to be my warmup/social playlist (surprisingly fun if you don't take it too seriously).

Unranked in the other 3 because FFA seems to be a bit of a frustrating mess at the moment and I really don't enjoy Breakout & SWAT.

TA - Diamond

TS - Plat

BO - Gold :(

FFA - Diamond

SWAT - Onyx

Not at home so don't know the specifics. Also, I got screwed over in breakout a few times by quitters.

I too agree the placings seem high.  That being said I am getting competitive matches for my skill level.

FFA - Onyx 1668

Slayer - Platinum 1

Swat - Onyx 1500

I'm currently Diamond 6 in FFA and I'm getting very competitive matches too. However, the higher skill level makes it all the more frustrating that there are 8 players instead of only 6 (the best matches are when 2 people ragequit) and very bad spawns.

Slayer - Platinum.... 4? I think.

FFA - Onyx

I only ever play arena solo, going in with teammates will not only give you a rank that you don't warrant, I find that you don't develop as a player when you become dependent on your team.

Yes, Halo is a team game, but I find it suitable to develop your individual skill set first before getting a squad.

So, is there anyone here that isn't Onyx in SWAT or FFA? Those are the only two that I'm on Onyx in, but seeing all the responses here, I don't feel too accomplished haha. 

Slayer - Platinum.... 4? I think.

FFA - Onyx

I only ever play arena solo, going in with teammates will not only give you a rank that you don't warrant, I find that you don't develop as a player when you become dependent on your team.

Yes, Halo is a team game, but I find it suitable to develop your individual skill set first before getting a squad.

I think it's fair to go in with a team if you always play with the same team every time.

First FPS in 6 months so bear with me and I play solo because my friends are worse than randoms, but kills my drive to play 

Arena-Waiting until I have a squad to play with
Slayer- Plat 1 
FFA-Pending (here I learned im bad at FFA)
Swat-Pending (here I learned people can be bad at swat)
Breakout- Havent played

To me Arena is real ranked, others are warm ups. 

Peaked at Diamond 3 in Team Arena so far, but I haven't played much. Still want to see how far I could go with a solid To4 and time to grind. Reckon I could probably end up somewhere in Onyx.

Plat 1 in Slayer which I've decided to be my warmup/social playlist (surprisingly fun if you don't take it too seriously).

Unranked in the other 3 because FFA seems to be a bit of a frustrating mess at the moment and I really don't enjoy Breakout & SWAT.

I find breakout has slightly grown on me in a weird way. Granted I've played it not that much it seems like the clutch potential is far too fun from time to time. However I feel like in an even match, its a fucking snail crawl. 

Has anybody tried running some brand new accounts through placements together? I have a feeling your CSR in other playlists might be used as a starting point when you start placements. In Starcraft 2, if four Grandmaster 1v1 players went into 4v4 placements, their first match would be against Diamond/Master players, instead of starting against Bronze players.

I think that's true because I just got to Onyx in FFA and I've been playing against people who are still in their placement matches but hold their own very well.

I think that's true because I just got to Onyx in FFA and I've been playing against people who are still in their placement matches but hold their own very well.

From a quick look at some top players' early FFA games, the first game is usually against Gold players, and the second game is usually against Onyx players. From that, it seems like placements in other playlists don't factor in (but that's only looking at a few players).

Now that the stats API is out, hopefully someone can figure out how the placement system really works. I bet it's possible to find groups of players who've played all their placements together. If I have some free time (not likely) I might try it myself.

Arena: Diamond 3

SWAT: Diamond 2

Not played the others... I've barely played the game, if I'm honest. Won 3/3 placements in FFA but it's too stressful and the spawns annoy me so I've not carried on. I'm truly terrible at Breakout so I'm not going into that playlist until I start improving. Well done to everyone who gets into Onyx and Champion.