Sign in to follow this  
supermoc10

What's your CSR so far for Halo 5: Guardians?

So Halo 5 is the first Halo I've played at launch with a ranking system (I started with Reach) and I'm really liking it. I'm trying out the different playlists but my focus is the Free-for-all (miss the name "Rumble Pit") because I'm a solo player and I won't be able to get a high rank in the team playlists due to parties. I'm currently at Diamond 3 in FFA and I've been having a lot of fun. The games are really close and the players are really good. I'm even having fun when losing and now I understand why people loved the 1-50 in Halo 2/3 (didn't play them until MCC). The only problems I have so far are that 8 player is too much (6 would be better IMO), some maps don't work well (though maybe it's due to the player count) and the spawns are bad (again, maybe player count). Also, I'd love to see more modes like Oddball, KOTH and Regicide.

Arena: Gold 1. I played solo for it all and stuck with a bad team the entire way through because they were fun to be with. This is why we need unranked playlists.

There are some good ranks in here. Is Onyx the top division?

Arena: Gold 1. I played solo for it all and stuck with a bad team the entire way through because they were fun to be with. This is why we need unranked playlists.

I think we need Unranked playlists too but then we get into the issue of splitting the player base and we don't know yet if this game is gonna have a large player population for a while.

Team Arena: Champion 32

Team Slayer: Onyx 1565

Everything else unranked. Not really interested in anything except for FFA.

Are you a pro player or something? Champion is pretty impressive.

I don't have the game but it seems a little too easy to get a "high" rank from what I've read =\.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Swat Onyx

this 10 game system doesnt seem to very reliable

played all 10 games with 2 friends, two of us got into onyx while the other one despite having almost most kills everytime got a diamond rank

none of us played Swat before

FFA seems to be the easiest to get Onyx in.

Currently Diamond 3 in Arena, Diamond 1 in Slayer, Onyx and FFA, and I haven't played a single game of SWAT or Breakout yet. I would agree though, it is too easy to get a high rank in H5.

I've only played the team playlists either solo, or with 2 friends who have never played Halo MP before lol. I have still managed to get Plat 4 in slayer despite the people I've played with going 1-10 or worse on multiple occasions, and in FFA i'm onyx 1520 or something. I haven't played any more FFA after placements just because it's a stressful AR-fest atm lol. I haven't felt confident enough to take them into Team arena yet, but I am also plat 2 or 3 in breakout.

I don't really care about my rank atm since I've seen diamond players that suck and gold players that destroy. After the first "season" I might reserve the new players to warzone or BTB only until they improve and play with some of the better people on my friends list.

this 10 game system doesnt seem to very reliable

played all 10 games with 2 friends, two of us got into onyx while the other one despite having almost most kills everytime got a diamond rank

none of us played Swat before

Has anybody tried running some brand new accounts through placements together? I have a feeling your CSR in other playlists might be used as a starting point when you start placements. In Starcraft 2, if four Grandmaster 1v1 players went into 4v4 placements, their first match would be against Diamond/Master players, instead of starting against Bronze players.

I don't have the game but it seems a little too easy to get a "high" rank from what I've read =\.

Well, I've seen a lot of my casual friends landing in Silver and Gold. That seems appropriate. Personally, I think it's working fine overall. Yeah, a lot of people are reporting they got Platinum+ here, but keep in mind that this is a competitive Halo community so that should be expected.

• Upvote (+1) 2