Moa

Halo 5: Guardians - Bug/Issue List

User Interface

When holding the back/select button to view the scoreboard as you're moving, the left analog stick causes the player to cycle through the player list on the scoreboard. This function should be controlled by the D-pad instead, as in previous Halo's.

• Upvote (+1) 1

User Interface

• Lighting on the Spartan models in the customization menu is sometimes extremely dark after a match.
  • Armor thumbnails will occasionally fail to load.
  • Had an issue where I couldn't back out of a matchmaking lobby, despite multiple attempts. Not precisely sure how to reproduce the issue, believe it occurred because I tried to back out right as the game switched from intermission to search, will update if it happens again.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

-I haven't been able to hear my fireteam when we're in game chat until we're actually in a lobby prepping the server for a game.

-Perfect kills with the pistol in Breakout are funky. You can 3 shot someone and just get the Headshot medal, then 4 shot someone and get the Perfect medal.

• Upvote (+1) 3

-I haven't been able to hear my fireteam when we're in game chat until we're actually in a lobby prepping the server for a game.

Can confirm this, it was really confusing until we figured it out. At first it seemed like everyone got really depressed and antisocial after the match :lol: 

Thanks for the posts, guys. Added them to the list.

-Perfect kills with the pistol in Breakout are funky. You can 3 shot someone and just get the Headshot medal, then 4 shot someone and get the Perfect medal.

Do you happen to have some examples of this? I haven't actually played Breakout since beta.

So glad someone made a video about the aiming.  Now all these others can stop with the #urjustbad.

Campaign bug: Enemy dialogue such as the grunts will continue to play even after they die.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Multiplayer (Arena & Warzone)

Post game carnage report will sporadically fail to load resulting in zero xp and rp earned. Additionally, the match will not be counted towards placement or impact CSR.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Multiplayer (Arena & Warzone)

Post game carnage report will sporadically fail to load resulting in zero xp and rp earned. Additionally, the match will not be counted towards placement or impact CSR.

I've been told that once servers are back up, XP and RP are rewarded.

Where's sprint? :saucey:

How does an aiming bug like that even happen.

@@Moa

You'd probably prefer we make quality of life suggestions in another thread? Or does here work?

It might be ideal to turn the customs wishlist topic into a wishlist & quality of life topic. I'll talk to @@RyanW about it.

Do you happen to have some examples of this? I haven't actually played Breakout since beta.

I went back and watched a bunch of my Breakout games from my stream the other night, and at first I thought I was going crazy because I wasn't seeing any Perfect kills at all. But I finally found one. I pulled a couple clips from my stream to show what I'm referring to.

The issue is that in Breakout the pistol can 3 shot, but the Perfect medal doesn't accommodate for that and only rewards Perfect kills for 5 shot pistol kills, as in Arena. The same issue occurs with the BR (should be 2 shot for Perfect in Breakout, but is actually 4 like Arena) and the DMR.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I went back and watched a bunch of my Breakout games from my stream the other night, and at first I thought I was going crazy because I wasn't seeing any Perfect kills at all. But I finally found one. I pulled a couple clips from my stream to show what I'm referring to.

The issue is that in Breakout the pistol can 3 shot, but the Perfect medal doesn't accommodate for that and only rewards Perfect kills for 5 shot pistol kills, as in Arena. The same issue occurs with the BR (should be 2 shot for Perfect in Breakout, but is actually 4 like Arena) and the DMR.

Added to OP, ty.

multiplayer Arena and Warzone:

dropping out of pretty much all multiplayer games 0-5 minutes into the game with the following error message

"lost connection to the game server"

it only happens in Halo 5 and no other multiplayer game

also the issue is very common, see this huge topic:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/e0d9938206f04a598ce84f2c8cadce02/topics/losing-connection-to-the-game/889fdcab-4fa6-4169-990d-5738727353ec/posts

Issue

FFA should be 6 players not 8.

Can't even have muliple engagements one life. Everyone spawns into eachother. It's a clusterfuck.

Jumping melee appears to be bugged. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Don't have any evidence, but have experienced it myself and heard others complaining about it (maybe Ninja?)

Im having serious issues with sprint activating late when I play on bumper jumper. Sometimes after thursting and jumping, Ill be pressing the A button and it wont activate after a few seconds. Getting really irritating.

Don't have any evidence, but have experienced it myself and heard others complaining about it (maybe Ninja?)

The melee is delayed is the problem. If you do a regular melee it comes out no problem. Then jump and melee it comes out slow. Like there is latency to it.

My bug: Enemies die but stay standing (campaign and multiplayer.)

• Upvote (+1) 1

I know it's intentional but I want to mention AR and smg headshot multipliers. They have no business being there at all. It just makes them even more annoying and random then they already are.

Can you be a little more precise? When you say it doesn't work, can you the user still melee in mid-air but it doesn't register if it hits someone?

Im having serious issues with sprint activating late when I play on bumper jumper. Sometimes after thursting and jumping, Ill be pressing the A button and it wont activate after a few seconds. Getting really irritating.

Does this happen in matchmaking, campaign or custom games?

My bug: Enemies die but stay standing (campaign and multiplayer.)

Does this happen often, if so, can you provide a video?

There is a serious delay compared to the beta. When you jump and try to follow it up with a melee you have to wait around a full second. Tested it on various controller schemes to ensure that it wasn't the shitty Xbone bumpers.