Do you like Halo 5: Guardians?

283 members have voted

1. 1. Do you enjoy Halo 5?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Give me a few weeks, I haven't decided
    • I'm not buying it/Not interested
    • It's ok I guess.

Interested to see what the release-vibe on H5 is for :beyond: . Hard to keep on top of opinions in the H5G General Discussion thread. 

How do you guys feel?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Picked few weeks option. I want to play it for multiple weeks to see if I still like it. I LOVED Reach and H4 the first 3 weeks. After that, I hated it since I realized all of the flaws the game had.

Picked few weeks option. I want to play it for multiple weeks to see if I still like it. I LOVED Reach and H4 the first 3 weeks. After that, I hated it since I realized all of the flaws the game had.

I was the opposite, I hated Reach and Halo 4 on release for about a month before realising there was nothing better to play (for me) on Xbox. This game I don't hate it straight away so that's a new feeling.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It all depends on how they manage playlists and content releases. Right now, I don't see myself having much fun in the game unless there are 3+ friends already online and playing with me. It's a real shame, but I don't want to chance getting matched against party of 4s while searching solo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It all depends on how they manage playlists and content releases. Right now, I don't see myself having much fun in the game unless there are 3+ friends already online and playing with me. It's a real shame, but I don't want to chance getting matched against party of 4s while searching solo.

It does feel that the solo experience is a bit shit at the moment. Co-op/Matchmaking parties will have significantly more fun at the moment.

It does feel that the solo experience is a bit shit at the moment. Co-op/Matchmaking parties will have significantly more fun at the moment.

There's not even any Forge for me to do something productive before launch.

I really want to like this game, too. It's a solid base and they have so many good additions and options, but just missed the ball entirely with others.

There's not even any Forge for me to do something productive before launch.

I really want to like this game, too. It's a solid base and they have so many good additions and options, but just missed the ball entirely with others.

No forge at launch is a huge hit in the balls. I mean, I'd rather no forge than a buggy forge on release but it really sucks.

It's decent (has potential) so far and it's already been out for 3 days, but i need to give it another week or two. At least with H4, I knew that game was absolute garbage after 2-3 days. 

Speaking of Forge, will it have all the weapon variants like the rares and what not from req. packs available to place on maps? Would be awesome.

I voted yes simply because it is the first time since Halo 3ish (although picked it up when they had BR starts + postpatch) that i don't get mad at mechanics or gameplay every game and can enjoy a few matched with the urge to play more.

Sure there are problems like FFA spawning and too few maps and gametypes but this has been the case for almost every Halo.

Sure it's not classic Halo but I'm not expecting that ever again.

Looking back Halo CE (NTSC!) still is a timeless classic as far as gameplay goes. Can't really say H2 and H3 have aged that well and I'm nit sure how Halo 5 will. But for now I enjoy Halo 5, we'll see if it's only the honeymoon phase.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Absolutely, MCC was my first Halo game I properly played and due to the state of it I only played it for a couple of months. Now H5 is out I've been on it for the most of my days off and I am enjoying it. My only gripe is that I think the maps are horrible - other than that it's a yes from me.

I dont like that the game shipped very barebones.

Campaign was fun but very short have the feeling they changed vision in design during development when you look at the talk 'missions'. They had bigger things in mind.

Multiplayer is really good and can onky get better.

The fact that I start up halo before my mmo eve online (2 days not logged in while events are going on) tells me that halo 5 has that halo3 addiction I had back when I was young :p so yes game is fun.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I voted yes simply because it is the first time since Halo 3ish (although picked it up when they had BR starts + postpatch) that i don't get mad at mechanics or gameplay every game and can enjoy a few matched with the urge to play more.

Sure there are problems like FFA spawning and too few maps and gametypes but this has been the case for almost every Halo.

Sure it's not classic Halo but I'm not expecting that ever again.

Looking back Halo CE (NTSC!) still is a timeless classic as far as gameplay goes. Can't really say H2 and H3 have aged that well and I'm nit sure how Halo 5 will. But for now I enjoy Halo 5, we'll see if it's only the honeymoon phase.

I have to agree with this. I think the potential for H5 is there, it just has to be managed well in the coming weeks and months.

The game feels fair, and it's rewarding to actually do something well which is a great start. We just need some more playlist and gametypes to round the experience out.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yep.

Furst time in nearly a decade I can lose multiple games in a row and still have a smile on my face. (Ignoring hce mcc)

• Upvote (+1) 2

Been playing Halo since 2001. Followed MLG pretty closely during 2006-2010. Fell off around Halo Reach and halo 4, but I stlil played those games, not as much as 1, 2 or 3.

I voted "Give me a few weeks"

Right now, I'm split 50/50. 

If I think of the game as BF4 with Halo skins I kind of like it, its not bad

If I think of it compared to Halo 3 and 2, I stop liking the game. So I'm trying to change my mindset. There's just so much going on.

Warzone I don't even get. I got like 30 kills one game and had one of the lowest scores on my team. People kept telling me I had to kill an AI boss or soemthing? Why? What if I do 99% of the dmg and the other team just gets the last shot? sounds stupid to me.

Also I don't get spectating. If its a live view of my friends how come I can fast forward?

Also I'm still getting used to the sprint, melee, crouch slide, jet packs, levitate shit, ground pound?!

It's pretty overwhelming to be honest, I guess I'm getting old. Playing this game must be like what it was like when my dad played Halo 1 with me and he was only used to DOS games like kings quest. Just too much shit going on and its confusing as hell right now. 

Also can I not vote for maps? Also wheres the canage screen after the game that looks like a scoreboard but has all the kills deaths assists, etc...?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Pros:

Best 4v4 experience I've gotten out of Halo

Best balanced sandbox since CE

Decent unique sandbox (not as good as Reach's, but Reach's was held back by shit mechanics)

New gametypes

Cons:

Missing objective gametype staples like KotH/Oddball

No Big Team Battle

Warzone is a copycat of Unreal Tournament "Assault" and "Onslaught" modes -- and does them poorly by comparison.

Overall, though, Halo 5 has a lot to offer and I enjoy it.  Looking forward to the first big content update.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Waiting for the used copies to start showing up. Then maybe I'll take the plunge.

Don't even bother. Ghost and them are being arrogant about aim acceleration. No matter what they fix, the game will be unbearable to play with that horrific mechanic the way it is.

And you know it will remain that way forever. 

If a shooting game's aiming is atrocious, all other positives are rendered obsolete. 

Borrow it from a friend in 5 days bruh

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Also can I not vote for maps? Also wheres the canage screen after the game that looks like a scoreboard but has all the kills deaths assists, etc...?

I voted "Give me a few weeks"

No voting. It's so that all map and gametype options actually get cycled through instead of kids always voting for a handful of gametypes and ignoring all the rest.

Scoreboard is still there. When you get your carnage report, click on "Match Stats", and you can then navigate through different pages of statistics with your right stick.

I voted yes. First time in a loooooong time that I'm playing Halo and don't feel like I'm fighting against both the game and the opposing players. When I screw up, it's on me and me alone.

Just FYI, your poll options are kind of skewered towards a negative response.

As much as I say it's good, I voted for the "few weeks" option. Like others have said, Halo 5 is the first 343 Halo game that hasn't made me angry game after game due to shit mechanics like bloom in Reach or sprint in Halo 4. It's not without its flaws but it's a huge step in the right direction from what Halo 4 was. But as Lemon said, is getting out of the bottom of the barrel really worth commending?

The biggest take away is that it's also the first Halo since H3 where the competitive settings and out-of-box settings can be so similar and the game is still enjoyable and has a skill gap, primarily in 4v4 and less so in 1v1 (my opinion), but that seems to be the direction 343 has been going.

The success of competitive Halo 5 is really going to depend on the community and developer's ability to listen to one another and compromise. Hopefully what we have no is a very basic version of Arena and the future will show more playlists, community maps, etc.

Cons:

Missing objective gametype staples like KotH/Oddball

No Big Team Battle

Warzone is a copycat of Unreal Tournament "Assault" and "Onslaught" modes -- and does them poorly by comparison.

It is nice knowing that well get BTB, Forge KOTH and Oddball. Also fileshare I'd assume.

The little hidden gems that keep being found within the movement system have me more interested than I was.  The gunplay could use some work, particularly with the aiming that we all know is derped.  I don't know how I'll feel about it when it's super serious and time to play for money but casually it seems like decent game for now.  Forge will be very nice to have with the depth in movement systems to build around.