VinFTW

Xbox One Elite Controller Impressions

This might be a stupid question, but the Elite controller only comes in wireless form and wireless controllers are banned from Halo and Killer Instinct live events so the Elite controller would therefore wouldn't be tournament legal, right?

They are tournament legal. It comes with a wire used for updates as well as customize your button layout/stick settings and you would be required to bring and use that for a tournament. I actually had my batteries completely out and just the wire going to it for G4G.

I love my elite controller.  You can feel the quality difference.  Seems to be holding up well too to stress and hours of uses.

Got it along with the PC wireless dongle.   Must have for PC gamers.  

i really wish the domed sticks werent so high. Why send two of the same height? They're too tall. i want a shorter one

i use one paddle, on the bottom left, and am finally getting used to it. I use it for grenades since i play boxer. i cant imagine using one on the right side, let alone all 4

The sticks were weird at first, and i was having sens crisis. Figured it out, and it feels great now.

The build quality is excellent. No controller compares.

i also like the lock to make the trigger have a shorter distance. It does feel like i'm shooting faster. Dont know if that's just a placebo or not

Just got my controller. I'm enjoying both D pads that you can swap out. I haven't changed the sticks so they're the default length. The biggest reason I got the controller, is the grip and the paddles. All though it took time to get use to with mapping the paddles to specific buttons. Here's my Halo Setup:

In game:

Sensitivity 10

Halo 4 Control Layout

0% inner and outer dead zones

Controller Specifically:

Lower Left Paddle - X

Upper Left Paddle - Y

Lower Right Paddle - A

Upper Right Paddle - B

There are some games I use the paddle instead of the D pad. And overall, this is the best controller I have gotten my hands on. Now if we can officially have one for Sony and Nintendo's console. Nintendo's done it before on the NES.

NES-advantage.jpg

i really wish the domed sticks werent so high. Why send two of the same height? They're too tall. i want a shorter one

i use one paddle, on the bottom left, and am finally getting used to it. I use it for grenades since i play boxer. i cant imagine using one on the right side, let alone all 4

The sticks were weird at first, and i was having sens crisis. Figured it out, and it feels great now.

The build quality is excellent. No controller compares.

i also like the lock to make the trigger have a shorter distance. It does feel like i'm shooting faster. Dont know if that's just a placebo or not

I definitely prefer it with the trigger lock, but unfortunately it means youre unable to do certain things like charging a plasma pistol, vehicle boosting, ect.

I dont use them for that reason. Shame as I definitely like them better locked. Still love the controller though.

I definitely prefer it with the trigger lock, but unfortunately it means youre unable to do certain things like charging a plasma pistol, vehicle boosting, ect.

I dont use them for that reason. Shame as I definitely like them better locked. Still love the controller though.

huh?i charge a plasma just fine. It only fires when you release it

an issue i'm having is when a guy strafes all the way one direction, my controller has a hard time going all the way to that direction. I dont know if that's slow turn, or just my sensitivity

So I have 50+ dollars left of Gamestop store credit. If I use the 50$ and only spend 100$ of actual real money is the controller worth it?

an issue i'm having is when a guy strafes all the way one direction, my controller has a hard time going all the way to that direction. I dont know if that's slow turn, or just my sensitivity

Can you? I swear it doesnt work because youre not pressing the button all the way.

So I have 50+ dollars left of Gamestop store credit. If I use the 50$ and only spend 100$ of actual real money is the controller worth it?

If you play regularly then yeah no reason not to if you have the money. I only got it in the first place because I was fed up with the sticks breaking on the standard controllers (the Elite has a much stronger build).

I was planning on not using any paddles, but I put two on. At first they kept getting in the way and it was annoying, but once you get used to it, its great I couldnt go back to having no paddles now. It does have a steep learning curve though.

Overall I'm completely happy with buying it and would get another if this one breaks.

If you play regularly then yeah no reason not to if you have the money. I only got it in the first place because I was fed up with the sticks breaking on the standard controllers (the Elite has a much stronger build).

I was planning on not using any paddles, but I put two on. At first they kept getting in the way and it was annoying, but once you get used to it, its great I couldnt go back to having no paddles now. It does have a steep learning curve though.

Overall I'm completely happy with buying it and would get another if this one breaks.

I play all the time. Soo yea i might get it.

Can you? I swear it doesnt work because youre not pressing the button all the way.

plasma pistol is no problem charging. I thought i had an issue with the caster though. I have to recheck

You'll need to modify your triggers in the Xbox Accessories app, change the value to about 70. That'll allow you to charge the PP, Laser, Caster, etc.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You'll need to modify your triggers in the Xbox Accessories app, change the value to about 70. That'll allow you to charge the PP, Laser, Caster, etc.

would that affect how quick it can shoot?

would that affect how quick it can shoot?

Most games, including Halo, have a hard limit on how fast guns can fire. This will just mean your triggers will recognize a full pull when using hair triggers so all of the above weapons will work properly.

Thanks. I'll give it a try.

It was like a month before I fully got used to it. Couldnt go back to a standard one now though.

Hey guys,

Just wanted to provide an update to my review approx. 3 weeks since launch. Here's some quick notes:

- Haven't had any issues with slow turn since previously mentioned a while back

- Paddles are still hit by accident pretty often. Most likely going to custom modify them by maybe sawing/sanding them down to squares (at least the longer pair since I'll never use the ;larger paddles).

- I have sweaty hands... very, very sweaty hands. I find it is MUCH worse with the Elite controllers grips than with the standard controllers (specifically the Titanfall controller)

- It feels much, much better than the standard controller 3 weeks later. It's still very smooth aiming, sticks are great, no buttons are sticking and once you get in the zone, NO CONTROLLER feels superior. 

- I much prefer the cross d-pad. I swapped out the hexagon for the cross and I love it. 

- Charge time is fucking great. Only had to change batteries once in 3 weeks. 

Any questions, feel free to ask.

Did you end up cutting the paddles? I have the same issue with pressing them by accident all the time. It's really the only problem I have with this controller. I just wish the paddles were as good with the scuf. I might end up cutting the long paddles as well into little squares.

Hey everyone, I just started selling these paddle extensions for the elite controller. They make your grip on the paddles a lot more natural. I may be launching a kickstarter for them in the next month or so, but you can get a set right now at my site http://www.a2z-3d.com2016-05-27_22.03.17_large.jpg?v=14645680

2016-05-27_22.06.36_large.jpg?v=14645680

2016-05-22_20.14.10_large.jpg?v=14644050

2016-05-22_20.08.09_large.jpg?v=14644050

• Upvote (+1) 1

Haas anyone messed around with the thumbsticks on aiming?. I am trying to tall thumb stick on my aiming stick and i can't seem to get used to mid/close range gun play with it. How long does it normally take to adjust to this kind of thing?. might i haave to increase look accel to turn further?.

Recently picked one up for gears. Reading reviews on amazon though many people complain about the build quality or controller breaking down. It's been months since someone has posted here can anyone provide an update on their controller?

Recently picked one up for gears. Reading reviews on amazon though many people complain about the build quality or controller breaking down. It's been months since someone has posted here can anyone provide an update on their controller?

I just returned another one due to an issue with the right stick.

Three controllers so far, all with issues.

I just returned another one due to an issue with the right stick.

Three controllers so far, all with issues.

That sucks man. Almost every positive review is from a user with a few weeks on it but the common trend seems to be it breaks down after months. Idk if I regret the purchase yet but I guess time will tell.