VinFTW

Xbox One Elite Controller Impressions

The most important part about this controller is the paddles. If they can easily be pressed by accident or you are not able to play with four paddles, the controller is not worth it imo! I tried my friends elite and own a scuf. I defenitely prefer my scuf for paddle usage. The rest of the elite is really nice and feels great

The most important part about this controller is the paddles. If they can easily be pressed by accident or you are not able to play with four paddles, the controller is not worth it imo! I tried my friends elite and own a scuf. I defenitely prefer my scuf for paddle usage. The rest of the elite is really nice and feels great

I don't think I'll ever bother using more than the 2 short paddles.

Trying to hold it with all 4 without accidentally pressing the longer ones is a pita.

I haven't tried scuff, but I'm using all 4 paddles on the elite and i'm liking it just fine. Definitely requires a little dexterity in my pinkies to press the bottom ones, but it's not tough to get used to and that problem may just be the result of the way I hold the controller.

I don't think anyone will have a problem pressing them accidentally in game, but you'll press them all the time when you're idly holding your controller in between games. I've come so close to buying that $25.00 Warzone Req Bundle on so many occasions simply by setting the elite controller on my leg during matchmaking 

Used mine for the first time yesterday, overall I love it. The build quality is great, almost all buttons feel improved.

I am finding it a bit difficult to adjust to the paddles though as I keep accidently pressing them (I'm using 2). I'm so used to gripping the controller really hard which I cant do with this controller. I hope I can get used to it and I think it could be a big help for Halo 5 and BO3.

I love everything about this controller except the paddle placement. Coming from a 4-paddle Scuf I've had to go down to 2 paddles on the Elite because they're positioned in such a way as to be very easy to press while holding the controller normally.

The build quality is otherwise fantastic; it's just going to take some time to get used to.

I have the same issue still.

I think I might cut the longer ones so it's just a square button instead of a paddle.

I'm finally getting used to using all four paddles and not accidentally pressing them. For me, the key is just to put more force on the controller with my palms, so my fingers can just rest over the paddles without actually providing any force. It has taken me awhile to get used to, though. I started off using just two paddles, then moved up to four once I got used to that.

Currently using bumper jumper with paddles mapped to thruster, crouch, sprint, and zoom/ADS. ADS is one that I haven't actually seen many people mention, but I highly recommend it if you're using RTS now. I find it much easier to zoom in and out quickly with the paddle than clicking the thumbstick, and my aim feels smoother without clicking it in.

The only thing I might change is sprint for reload/pick-up.

I've gone down to 1 paddle now and I'm enjoying using it a lot more. I'm hoping to slowly progress to more paddles.

A question to anyone who has the Elite controller, as I don't have one myself, can you assign the D-pad buttons to the paddles?

It would be nice to switch grenades without taking a thumb off either joystick.

A question to anyone who has the Elite controller, as I don't have one myself, can you assign the D-pad buttons to the paddles?

Yes you can. That's exactly what I use one of the paddles for.

assign anything to anything

Loving the controller since launch day but having an issue with it not charging the rechargeable battery as well as receiving notifications saying battery is low when plugged in. Anyone having this issue?

Hey guys,

Just wanted to provide an update to my review approx. 3 weeks since launch. Here's some quick notes:

- Haven't had any issues with slow turn since previously mentioned a while back

- Paddles are still hit by accident pretty often. Most likely going to custom modify them by maybe sawing/sanding them down to squares (at least the longer pair since I'll never use the ;larger paddles).

- I have sweaty hands... very, very sweaty hands. I find it is MUCH worse with the Elite controllers grips than with the standard controllers (specifically the Titanfall controller)

- It feels much, much better than the standard controller 3 weeks later. It's still very smooth aiming, sticks are great, no buttons are sticking and once you get in the zone, NO CONTROLLER feels superior. 

- I much prefer the cross d-pad. I swapped out the hexagon for the cross and I love it. 

- Charge time is fucking great. Only had to change batteries once in 3 weeks. 

Any questions, feel free to ask.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Hey guys,

Just wanted to provide an update to my review approx. 3 weeks since launch. Here's some quick notes:

- Haven't had any issues with slow turn since previously mentioned a while back

- Paddles are still hit by accident pretty often. Most likely going to custom modify them by maybe sawing/sanding them down to squares (at least the longer pair since I'll never use the ;larger paddles).

- I have sweaty hands... very, very sweaty hands. I find it is MUCH worse with the Elite controllers grips than with the standard controllers (specifically the Titanfall controller)

- It feels much, much better than the standard controller 3 weeks later. It's still very smooth aiming, sticks are great, no buttons are sticking and once you get in the zone, NO CONTROLLER feels superior. 

- I much prefer the cross d-pad. I swapped out the hexagon for the cross and I love it. 

- Charge time is fucking great. Only had to change batteries once in 3 weeks. 

Any questions, feel free to ask.

Posted right above this, have you heard of any others having this issue?

Hey, sorry!

I have not experienced this issue unfortunately :/

Been pretty flawless in terms of charging and battery life. 

Loving this controller so far.  Initially struggled aiming with it but that's gone now.  I have completely changed my control scheme a few times to try and work out what works best for me.  The amount of choice with this controller is amazing.  I'm selling my old one.

Now getting used to this. The more I get used to it the more I love it and I'm still only using 1 paddle. When I tried using it with no paddles I realised what a difference just one makes. Cant go back to the original controllers bow.

Does anyone know if the strength of the sticks are better than the originals? I've had 4 controllers break on me, all of them had broken sticks....I really hope that was fixed with the Elite.

Now getting used to this. The more I get used to it the more I love it and I'm still only using 1 paddle. When I tried using it with no paddles I realised what a difference just one makes. Cant go back to the original controllers bow.

Does anyone know if the strength of the sticks are better than the originals? I've had 4 controllers break on me, all of them had broken sticks....I really hope that was fixed with the Elite.

They feel much, much sturdier. I love 'em. Tighter too. I always felt like the other X1 controller sticks felt flimsy as hell. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

They feel much, much sturdier. I love 'em. Tighter too. I always felt like the other X1 controller sticks felt flimsy as hell.

Exactly my thought. Im just worried about it after the last 4 controllers I've had. They definitely do feel more solid though, so I think they'll be ok.

Exactly my thought. Im just worried about it after the last 4 controllers I've had. They definitely do feel more solid though, so I think they'll be ok.

Same. I bought the controller to avoid that lol

I figured the investment would last me 3-4 controllers. Here's hoping :prayers:

Anybody tried the domed sticks? I like them a lot.

Yeah, I only use the domed on the right stick though that is mostly because of the height. Perfect in-between of the two concave sticks. I wish the tall concave were a tad shorter though, I think I would use that over the domed if so.

I have the notification issue when plugged in without batteries, but I don't have a rechargeable battery pack so I can't speak to the other issue.

Same. I bought the controller to avoid that lol

I figured the investment would last me 3-4 controllers. Here's hoping :prayers:

Yeah, if this controller doesn't break, I'm saving money in the long run considering I've spent more than this controller is worth on the originals.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm finally getting used to using all four paddles and not accidentally pressing them. For me, the key is just to put more force on the controller with my palms, so my fingers can just rest over the paddles without actually providing any force. It has taken me awhile to get used to, though. I started off using just two paddles, then moved up to four once I got used to that.

Currently using bumper jumper with paddles mapped to thruster, crouch, sprint, and zoom/ADS. ADS is one that I haven't actually seen many people mention, but I highly recommend it if you're using RTS now. I find it much easier to zoom in and out quickly with the paddle than clicking the thumbstick, and my aim feels smoother without clicking it in.

The only thing I might change is sprint for reload/pick-up.

I just seen this thread and your remap is very much the same as mine except for a few differences i have thruster mapped to RB, My ADS is like yours on mine its the upper right paddle and now i can't use left trigger or right thumbstick for ADS feels to clumsy for me. Instead of having thruster on the paddles i have Reload/Melee on the bottom paddles and upper is crouch/ADS. Sprint for me is mapped to Left thumbstick. I tried a scuf last week and the paddles were just too stiff compared to the elite i like how easy they can be pressed i know some say this can be done by accident alot.

Just curious and this is for anyone else what thumbstick config did you go for? Short sticks? Domed or really tall?

This might be a stupid question, but the Elite controller only comes in wireless form and wireless controllers are banned from Halo and Killer Instinct live events so the Elite controller would therefore wouldn't be tournament legal, right?