VinFTW

Xbox One Elite Controller Impressions

I would like to say that mine developed drift on the fourth day of use on the right stick, very slight. Aside from that my only complaint is the same as others have mentioned, paddles are wayyyy to easy to click. Super nice feel though. 

I only have one paddle in right now, using BJ and a paddle to thrust. Feels good so far, would like to add another for sprint/stabilize though in the future just gotta get around to it

Looks like a great and fantastic controller and all with its button mapping to its vibration sensitivity and switching out the parts and all but I think MS just killed scuffs XD like the guy said in the video that somebody posted that has the best review its less tedious then the scuff and you can re map it on the Xbox not on your PC ( I think that's how scuffs work right? You put in the lil "magnetic key" in your controller and you use the app on your PC to re map the buttons ) but anywho only way I would EVER buy one of these ( claw for life ) is just so I can switch my grenades in halo 5 without moving my left thumb off my stick and pushing the D pad. And I feel like scuff is only used for people you can't claw or who are big COD fanboys... OR people with disabilities which boogie2988 described pretty nicely in his review on the Xbox elite controller and which gave me a big perspective of view of how people with disabilities try to play normally like we do on a daily basis which is another reason I like this controller it's easier to use for everyone including people with disabilities which I think MS though of them while making the controller <3

Got my Elite controller last week and loving it so far. The weight and grip of it feel so nice. Haven't messed around with many of the settings in the app yet but I've been trying to get used to using the paddles. As mentioned earlier; BIG learning curve. You basically need to hold/grip your controller slightly differently. Tried out having thrust on the top left paddle but ended up still using X more (bumper jumper). So I think next I'll try using the top left and top right paddles to toggle nades, as that's normally a very clunky process using the D pad.

Get's a 10/10 from me. No slow-turn or drift issues either. Only major complaint I have is that it hasn't really made me any better at Halo  :wutface:

No slow turn here.

The thumbstick acceleration filters seem buggy and induce drift. So switched mine back ton default.

I love the dome thumbsticks reminds me of og xbox controller. I kind of wish they had regular ones but of the same height as the dome.

Vibration at 20% is perfect for me.

I love the controller so far. Only use one paddle for thruster and claw the rest.

I want one of these so bad... Trying to find one is like trying to find the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Reading this thread is making it worse.

Well usually it's something that starts to appear after some months of use.

The reason I ask is because I've heard conflicting things. Some say it uses more durable metal parts, others say it still uses plastic.

All moving parts are made out of metal... That's what stronside said in his video for Microsoft.

My impression is that the controller sucks because you can't buy it anywhere.  By the time it's available I probably won't even want it.  GG MS.

• Downvote (-1) 2

No slow turn here.

The thumbstick acceleration filters seem buggy and induce drift. So switched mine back ton default.

I love the dome thumbsticks reminds me of og xbox controller. I kind of wish they had regular ones but of the same height as the dome.

Vibration at 20% is perfect for me.

I love the controller so far. Only use one paddle for thruster and claw the rest.

Off topic, but I loved your Duality Montage back in the day :)

• Upvote (+1) 3

I bought it on Microsoft store before it went to "out of stock" now my order status says backordered. Anybody know what that means?

look at the vidoc of the controller and stop listening to people..

the only thing​ that could be a problem on this controller is the paddles...(how sensitive are they?)

The 360 Scuf variant had no slow turn; they did fix it unlike M$.

I bought it on Microsoft store before it went to "out of stock" now my order status says backordered. Anybody know what that means?

Back ordered means out of stock and waiting on a shipment from their suppliers.....sorry bro

I am loving the controller. Like the OP, I played through Legendary with some friends to get used to it and it does have a steep learning curve to get used to. When you do though, it is very nice. I Live in Canada and the price is $169.99 here. It's a pretty hefty price, but i don't regret the purchase at all.

I'm only using one paddle for thruster, and I use Bumper Jumper as my controller layout.

Why do you guys use bumper jumper over a control scheme like Helljumper?

Jump is the same, melee is on the right stick, aND grenade is on RB.

Helljumper has the same benefits of bumper jumper, but you can zoom with LT instead of right stick.

I find zooming a hell of a lot easier with a trigger instead of a stick.

I've been bumper jumper my whole life, but I switched and it's a lot easier for Halo 5 where every weapon has zoom.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Helljumper has the same benefits of bumper jumper, but you can zoom with LT instead of right stick.

I've been bumper jumper my whole life, but I switched and it's a lot easier for Halo 5 where every weapon has zoom.

It just feels dirty to zoom with LT in Halo

• Upvote (+1) 5

As soon as I looked through the controls and saw helljumper I immediately started using it.  It's definitely better than bumper jumper.  You zoom in way more than melee and having it on the LT makes it really easy to rezoom without messing up your aim if you've been knocked out of it.

Back ordered means out of stock and waiting on a shipment from their suppliers.....sorry bro

FeelsBadMan. Hey at least I got it processed than waiting another 3 weeks to place the order.

Thanks for providing some feedback. It's a pretty expensive purchase and I'd much rather read reviews from typical halo players opposed to I guess youtube reviewers or other places.

Thanks for providing some feedback. It's a pretty expensive purchase and I'd much rather read reviews from typical halo players opposed to I guess youtube reviewers or other places.

For sure! 

At this point, I'd wait till the 3.5mm controller aiming issue fix from 343. It feels super nice, once thats fixed it should be a near flawless controller.

Been playing since CE and used to Grendaes being on LT and zoom on RTS. When Bumper Jumper came out it solved the issue with taking your thumb off the stick to jump and loved it. Now im just used to it.

Been playing since CE and used to Grendaes being on LT and zoom on RTS. When Bumper Jumper came out it solved the issue with taking your thumb off the stick to jump and loved it. Now im just used to it.

Helljumper doesn't let you scope and then jump or ground pound and thrust so I don't like it. Bumper jumper is still my scheme.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

So, just pick up my elite @ $200aud.

First impression.

Fuck you microsoft for not fixing the fucking awful fucking trigger deadzones you fucking useless fucks...

The last 3mm of travel is fucking 100% useless making it no better than the bog standard controller and siginicantly worse then every single other generation controller Microsoft has released.

So, still can't play Forza because of their pathetic* levels of incompetence. Fucking great....

*Scratch that, 343 levels of incompetence...

So, just pick up my elite @ $200aud.

First impression.

Fuck you microsoft for not fixing the fucking awful fucking trigger deadzones you fucking useless fucks...

The last 3mm of travel is fucking 100% useless making it no better than the bog standard controller and siginicantly worse then every single other generation controller Microsoft has released.

So, still can't play Forza because of their pathetic* levels of incompetence. Fucking great....

*Scratch that, 343 levels of incompetence...

There is an option to update the curve of the trigger pull so.... have you tried that?