VinFTW

Xbox One Elite Controller Impressions

I dont think it's a good idea to bash the Elite(while praising scuf)  controller since THIS happened.

https://scufgaming.com/scuf-gaming-licenses-its-technology-to-microsoft-and-becomes-official-and-exclusive-xbox-3rd-party/

That's interesting! One might infer from this that Scuf has been using its patent porfolio to put pressure on MS. I don't know what patents Scuf have, but I would not be surprised if e.g. the paddles were patented.

Has there been any reports of a dispute between Scuf and MS before this agreement was announced? For example, has Scuf stated publicly that it is considering patent action against MS?

Im also using the elite controller, and since I never had a scuf or any other controller with a paddle, there is a large learning curve like OP mentioned. I started off with 4 paddles but now im starting off with one and working my way up, and thats just used for jumping.

The paddles are really sensitive so even if your lightly touch it, it will still press the button.

I guess ill give my impressions too. 

Triggers feel good with the trigger stops, you have to configure the 0-100% on the right trigger so you can use plasma pistol though. 

Bumpers feel a lot better than my old original xbone controller. 

Face buttons are pretty much the same not that i use them much.

I really like the headset jack instead of using the chat adapter thing but all new controllers have that now. The audio is actually a little clearer/louder compared to my adapter. 

The circular dpad is really good, one of my complaints going from 360 to xbone was the fact that I couldn't reach left on the dpad while running forward by rolling my thumb. (Gears shotty, grenades in halo). The new dpad fixes this. Its also feel good to navigate and stuff. 

I'm only using 1 paddle, top left (small paddle for thruster). I find the long paddles too easy to press but the short ones in the top position are actually fine. I actually got used to it really quick,(1 day of playing). Its really weird going back now. 

holding the controller is pretty nice as well. I feel like it is a bit thicker than my old controller and the grip is fine. It is a bit heavier as well. 

Now for the thumbsticks. I use the originals since I don't like dome or high sticks. Sticks feel stiffer/heavier than my original. I also feel like the curve is different, less deadzone and faster accel. No slow turn like Naded's. Honestly the sticks are kind of a negative for me. They feel different to the point where aiming for me is more difficult. Even trying the different velocity curves in the app just made it more jarring or induced slow turn. It might just be that I am used to my old broken in controller but the difference is very noticeable. I pretty much have to get used to it again everyday I play and I am not as confident in my shot. I almost brought it back because of this, but decided to wait a bit to see if I got used to it since everything else about the controller is great. 

I will report back in a week or two and let you guys know how it is. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Thanks for the impressions whicker.

also, just reread the OP for the first time and damn, I have a lot of granmar mistakes :p

Probably shouldnt write in a rush anymore.

Nice thread. I got mine today, haven't used it yet but I did get it out the box to have a look/feel.

Feels real good, love the grip and even the packaging was great (reminded me a little of Astro packaging).

It really feels like a high end piece of equipment, which it should do for 120 quid. Looking forward to using it.

This controller is amazing. Never buying another regualr one thats for sure. The paddles do take quite a bit of getting used to. I tried to start off going with all four the. Got frustrated and took them out for atean but I was just playing shitty that day it wasnt the the learning curve that day. I use two now one for thrust and one for crouch but i want to be able to use all four in the future. So when my friends arent on i use the four paddle scheme in warzone and then when im playing arena i switch to the two paddle one until i feel comfortable enough to use the four paddle in arena. Love the way it feels in my hand.

Lol sorry orange.

As far as stick drift goes guys, I haven't noticed it yet in my 25-30 hours of game time.

Well usually it's something that starts to appear after some months of use.

The reason I ask is because I've heard conflicting things. Some say it uses more durable metal parts, others say it still uses plastic.

Does anyone have prefered buttons they are tossing on the paddles? As of right now I am using jump for P1 and melee for P3. Haven't actually tried adding P2/4 yet. I was debating putting melee back to RB and thrust on P3.

Does it come with shorter sticks?  I liked that the 360 controller had shorter sticks, and I would totally use them.

Does it come with shorter sticks?  I liked that the 360 controller had shorter sticks, and I would totally use them.

The shortest sticks are the same length as the normal Xbone ones.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm sure we will see all of kinds of accessories for the Elite. More sticks, different dpads, paddles etc. Can't wait to get one.

Naded is sponsored by scuff..these pros say scuffs are no slow but not even scuff has that as a feature or selling point because its not a problem...if u look at what caused slow turn on 360 then open up a xbone controller you would see what am talking about..

These Pros are sponsored ..they wont tell you that the controller is better if it is or not...Scufs are modified M$ controllers with buttons underneath ....why would u people think they would be better than a controller M$ built to be a premium Pad....M$ makes all of them.

Scuff isn't build these things from the ground up...fan boys these days....sigh

• Downvote (-1) 1

look at the vidoc of the controller and stop listening to people..

the only thing​ that could be a problem on this controller is the paddles...(how sensitive are they?)

Great review. I want one but I'm going to wait and see if they include a battery pack further down the line. Kind of ridiculous that it doesn't already include one.

it does come with a high quality braided cable

I had a scuf for the 360. This controller took some great ideas from scuf and improved upon them. I highly recommend this controller. It's not necessary but it's very nice.

Sounds like there's a chance at slow-turn. That's unfortunate. Does any slow-turn checker app exist with the XB1? Had a couple nice ones for the 360. 

Could someone explain the app in more detail for the Elite that lets you map the aim acceleration? That sounds really interesting to me. 

Sounds like there's a chance at slow-turn. That's unfortunate. Does any slow-turn checker app exist with the XB1? Had a couple nice ones for the 360. 

Could someone explain the app in more detail for the Elite that lets you map the aim acceleration? That sounds really interesting to me. 

Its just a couple of presets that, imo, are all worse than leaving it at default. So unless I missed something you can't really customize it which is what I was hoping they'd let us do

Naded did a drive alleging his had slow turn and advocating scuf. Can anyone confirm any slow turn issues or did he just get a bad controller?

Mine also slow turns. Not happy about it

Other than that though, the controller is amazing. 

@@VinFTW @@Gold Since your wife/girlfriend will/bought the controller for you guys, don't ever let them go, that's pretty awesome of her to buy it for you guys. :) This post convinced me to buy it. I went on Microsoft store yesterday, bought it. When I checked the store again today, it said out of stock... Guess I bought the last controller :0

• Upvote (+1) 2

Mine also slow turns. Not happy about it

Other than that though, the controller is amazing. 

I was super paranoid when I saw his video the day before I got mine, thankfully its fine. I hope that they add calibration to that xbox app, that way slow turn would never exist. You can do it in windows so i cant see why it wouldn't work with xbone. 

@@VinFTW @@Gold Since your wife/girlfriend will/bought the controller for you guys, don't ever let them go, that's pretty awesome of her to buy it for you guys. :) This post convinced me to buy it. I went on Microsoft store yesterday, bought it. When I checked the store again today, it said out of stock... Guess I bought the last controller :0

Lucky you on the last one, apparently they are selling out everywhere. I got mine for 22$ lol. M$ store screwed up my surface pro 3 order and said sorry with a 150$ store credit. Best 22$ controller ever!

• Upvote (+1) 1

I was having great difficulty getting used to the paddles and hitting them accidentally. So i tried them in the high position and now the paddles sit exactly where my fingers naturally rest on the back of the controller.

i5lSI8OCYVkxz.JPG