RyanW

Halo 5 Post Launch Wishlist

It would be nice to have per-weapon damage tweaking available to players.

Or at least a bleedthrough toggle on headshot weapons.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Woah, leader traits are gone? I always loved messing with people using that lol, hope they bring it back.

Also, let us tune aim assist and bullet magnetism in customs.  Would be awesome!

Not gonna happen.

We got strafe modifiers, so anything is possible.

Taking a look at the options now, you can no longer set the radar to "friendly only"; it's either on or off.

The funny thing is with the added strafe and sprint options they gave us - if they had also left in all of the previous settings from other Halos, it would have been the best custom options ever.

Missed opportunity.

Rewrote the OP so that it can cover everything from custom game options to matchmaking to new gametypes. Hope @@Sal1ent still drops by to read this topic every once in a while

Ranked and social playlists like halo 3

I know youre all with me on caring about your rank and sometimes just wanna roll solo in some social.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I think the OP should be divided into "features that should return" and "features we'd like to see" even though they're both under the latter technically.

Just cause I mentioned this elsewhere, it'd be nice if the placement matches had a restriction on how far you can go. Example being that the highest you can get from placement matches is like, Platinum 1, and you will never play a placement match with anyone from Platinum 2 or higher. Since the system is just throwing people around to find where their ELO belongs, it's unfair to essentially throw them into a Diamond level game when maybe they're actually Gold 3 and the system is just testing the waters.

There's currently no option to set part privacy to 'closed' and this is the 3rd 343 game in a row with no party size (1-16).

• Upvote (+1) 1

Woah, leader traits are gone? I always loved messing with people using that lol, hope they bring it back.

Also, let us tune aim assist and bullet magnetism in customs.  Would be awesome!

Were you one of those people who turned on leader traits for 1v1s and tried your heart out for the first kill?

Were you one of those people who turned on leader traits for 1v1s and tried your heart out for the first kill?

Yep, 300% speed all day :kappa:

Great thread.

I would add support for some proper file sharing, and it would be good to see REQ variants of weapons (and vehicles when BTB drops) available in Custom Games, or at least the subset of Mythic weapons, including the CE Magnum and SPNKr Rocket Launcher when they release.

Edit: @@RyanW (I forgot about this earlier) The in-mission campaign menu lacks a 'Restart Mission' option; if the player wants to restart they must first leave the game, and then select 'Start New Mission' from the main campaign menu. This is particularly an issue for speed-runners.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Add to Campaign Wishlist: Ability to skip all cutscenes and go directly to the loading screen. A lot of people are saying that the majority of cutscenes are unskippable, which is hell for speedrunning.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Warzone

• There needs to be an audible notification from Palmer when one of your bases is being taken
  • HUD widgets for all three bases need to be on-screen all the time and not just when you're within 150m - I can't count the amount of times I've lost bases because I have no idea it is being taken
  • Upvote (+1) 2

The current HUD scoreboard (bottom right corner) always places your team on top. Previous games showed the leading team on top and it was easier to gauge how a match was progressing at a glance.

It's like 343 has no idea what they are doing in development.  The first thing you do is get a list of standard features (i.e look at previous titles) and use them as requirements.  

343 is probably the worst thing to happen to halo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think at least one round of vetoing should be put in place. 1) it allows people to not have to play a map they really hate, 2) 343 can see what is being vetoed frequently and make adjustments. I guarantee you Orion will be vetoed 99% of the time. This also lowers the chances of playing the same thing repeatedly.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Let us choose our preferred dedicated server for matchmaking and customs. It was stated in the post-beta blog that this was a planned feature.

• Upvote (+1) 1